rhubarb

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kevandju5, 5 August 2009 Social URL.

1. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone,

Wondered if anyone had a good rhubarb recipe? I absolutlely love rhubarb crumble, if you've go a low-syn version of that. Or how would I stew it? What quantities of water/sweetener should I use?

Thanks for any tips or recipes!

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. c27858

c27858 Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I'm not sure of the syns value here, because you are cooking it, but what I do is wash it, chop it and put it in a microwaveable bowl with just a small amount (maybe 1-2 tbsp) of water or alternatively diet lemonade or diet ginger beer. Then I cook it for about 5-10 mins on high unti l it is soft. (The time is longer if your bowl is full). Once it's cooked I sweeten it to taste with sweetener.

For a crumble I've just sprinkled crushed weetabix on top and served it with muller lite .

You can also do it in the oven......just cut it up and put it on an oven tray or casserole dish with the water, cover and cook about Gas4 180ºC for 20 mins or so until soft then sweeten. It stays more in pieces if you do it this way.

At WW we used to make jam with rhubarb and sugar free jelly (which is synned on SW). Make the jelly up with the ½ pt boiling water then add stewed rhubarb (or other fruits such as frozen summer fruits is nice). Pour into a jar and leave to set. You don't add the cold water so the jelly sets quite thickly. It keeps in the fridge for a good few days.

kevandju5 likes this.
  4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Great recipe's, thank you. X

5. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for those recipies, rhubarb crumble has to one of my favorite desserts!

6. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the recipes. I will be making a crumble very soon! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.