Ribena Plus, is it ok?

shineyd

Hi everyone,

I'm back on S&S after two babies in two years so needless to say I have all my weight to lose again! I've tried other TFR diets before but I really find this the best and have to say having the coke zero really gets me through. I've seen on this site before that the ribena plus black currant flavour is ok to drink but was reading the ribena plus red apple flavours nutritional information yesterday and it contains malic acid not citric acid so was wondering is this ok too?

Yes it's fine, I think it's just the orangey one that has citric acid in it, the others are fine :)

Yes it's fine, I think it's just the orangey one that has citric acid in it, the others are fine :)

Thanks noodles 1609 ? It's nice to have something else to enjoy!

Coke zero? I am starting on Saturday and haven't heard this but could be a life saver for me! X

Coke zero is fine, just be mindful of amounts as some people are sensitive to it and could come out of ketosis. Also try Aldi's own brand - it's totally identical in taste and 42p for 2 litres :)

Hi

Just been to buy a bottle of Ribena plus and yeah no citric, I also bought a 6 pack of Ribena Plus cartons (same flavour as bottle) for convienience when I am out and about - but didnt check the label until I got home. Bizarrely the cartons of exactly the same stuff have citric acid in them so avoid the cartons!

I love the ribena plus! just a different flavour too. I had confirmation directly from S&S that its ok though they did say to include the carbs as it has a tiny bit per serving, so you cant go drinking gallons of it! heh

I've just bought some ribena plus so will be nice to have that sometimes instead of plain water. I'm in my first week so avoiding caffeine as when I did cambridge weight plan I really struggled with hunger but now I hear that Caffeine can effect ketosis so I'm avoiding it just incase...but next week I'll allow myself the odd glass of coke zero (Aldi's version though). x

Wow! Didn't realise you could have this, I'm going to get some, I really really struggle drinking plain water, but this will make it easier. I also drink coke zero, used to live on Pepsi max but looked and saw this has citric acid in it.

If you have a pound stretcher near you they are selling all the flavours for 99p.

This is what i have daily. I make up a litre and keep it in the fridge, i have the red apple flavour and it goes down a right treat x

Back