Ring no longer fits...

sarahm85

Silver Member
I came across a ring I got for my 18th birthday (just over 6 years ago). At the time it fitted just right on my middle finger. I don't wear it these days as it's not really my style anymore. Just tried it on and I don't think I dare wear it now as it's far too loose on the same finger, it could easily slip off!

Shows that when you're losing weight, you're losing it everywhere!

Well done that's brilliant!! You'll be able to wear it as a thumb ring soon :)

Its true! Ive noticed it most on my feet, ive gone from a size 7/8 to a size 6/7 and im a shoe fanatic so im a bit upset that about 15 pairs of gorgeous shoes dont fit me anymore! I feel a bit sorry for them sitting in my wardrobe - i should give them away but there too pretty lol

What a lovely feeling Sarahm85!! I know I've never had chubby feet (infact I thought they were quite boney) but I'm convinced some of my shoes are a bit looser!!

I had a similar problem but in reverse. I had a ring I got for my 18th, however whilst it was no longer my style I could not get it off as it was completely stuck on my fat finger. Considered getting it cut off - however lost weight and I could then remove it! Since then I have put all the weight back on and would have no chance of getting the ring back on!

Yeah i cant wear my engagment ring as it is much to tight for me :( have to wear it on a chain round my neck.

Aww, think of how amazing it will feel when you can fit it on your finger!! It'll mean so much more then!! xxx

I have to wear my engagement ring under my wedding band for fear of loosing it! Even my wedding ring is a little loose these days! eeek!

Aww, think of how amazing it will feel when you can fit it on your finger!! It'll mean so much more then!! xxx

Well its never really been a big thing for me tbh, it does mean alot to my OH tho. I feel I dont need a symbol to show to everyone else that we are going to make a commitment for life.

Well its never really been a big thing for me tbh, it does mean alot to my OH tho. I feel I dont need a symbol to show to everyone else that we are going to make a commitment for life.

True, Im one of those annoyingly superstitious types who have never put a ring on my wedding finger until i get engaged, but it would be for me to look at and smile not anyone else to see. I like the thought of keeping it around your neck though. It keeps the symbol of your love there but keeps it personal too :)

True, Im one of those annoyingly superstitious types who have never put a ring on my wedding finger until i get engaged, but it would be for me to look at and smile not anyone else to see. I like the thought of keeping it around your neck though. It keeps the symbol of your love there but keeps it personal too :)

Yeah i love being engaged and i love him showing me the fact that he wants to make a life long commitment to me, but i dont feel like its something i want to shout from the roof tops. I'm loud but when it comes to things like this i hold it close, as its our bussiness, but i would never wear another ring apart from obvious on my wedding finger either tho.

I have noticed my trousers are getting much looser. Everything below the waist seems to shrinking much faster than everything above. Housemate who is a teeny weeny bit more robust than I am seems to be gaining every other pair of trousers I put on at the moment! Great for her, rubbish for me...can't afford a new wardrobe now, especially if it's going to be a transitional wardrobe and all!

I also noticed that the rings are falling off :) I also noticed on someone before/after picture how different their hands looked. Amazing how we lose from everywhere!

I hope this will happen to me to! I had a ring taken in two years ago, but it was in February and it was freezing cold so my fingers were smaller. So now, when it is hot, my ring is on the tight side. Doh!

Anyway, get this baby cooked and out and then I will be on my way to thinner fingers! :)

Back