RIP Whitney Houston

Very sad but not a great surprise really

I feel so sorry for her daughter :(

Yes RIP Whitney, we are losing too many talented young artists...very sad.

Yes it is all very sad, she was so talented. I've copied this from comments left on the BBC news website, which I think are very appropriate.

What a talent to succumb to drugs. Its high time the world stood up and took a collective campaign against drugs. So many innocent lives lost this way. To those who are smug enough to say its her fault, I pity you and hope you never get into any kind of addiction, ie shopping, smoking, drinking, eating, etc. You must all lead perfect lives. You probably guarantee yourself cancer-free as well.

i know i cant believe it too, woke up this morning and saw on the news, unbelievable........ they are saying she had prescribed medication and the cause may be drowning in the bath, what brill voice she had

To be fair that was a comment left on the BBC website and not "news" from the BBC, but it should have been more carefully moderated.

People are always quick to jump to conclusions until the actual answers are found, see Amy Winehouse, half the comments at the time were "no surprise really, always knew she would overdose eventually" - until the post mortem proved otherwise.

It is possible for people who have been drug users to not die from their drug use, but from something entirely unrelated. Shocking, I know, but perfectly possible.

Better to sit back, say nothing and wait until cause of death is established before passing judgement, if you feel the need to pass judgement at all. What really matters is that a child lost her mother, her mother lost a daughter, and the world has lost one of the most amazingly talented singers it has ever known. Surely that is what is important right now.

Doesn't mean that they didn't follow standard procedure or that their work wasn't checked by someone else. I wouldn't be assuming that their conclusions were wrong on that basis.

I know this is inappropriate but everytime a celebrity dies young I can't help thinking about Self-Suicide by Goldie Lookin Chain :eek:

Anyway, if it was drugs related I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it was Robin Williams's quote, after the death of his great mate, John Belushi, that Cocaine was God's way of telling you, you had too much money.

Whitney (like Amy and Belushi and countless others) all got on the same treadmill.

I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses that lifestyle, regardless of their circumstances. It actually makes me really angry when someone with such awesome talent falls prey to drink/drug abuse.
Whilst I may not be sad about Whitney herself, there is an 18 year old girl grieving for her mother. My mother and I can't stand each other, but the mere thought of losing her makes me want to curl up in a corner and cry. Obviously there are other family members and friends that are devastated too, but for now, my thoughts and prayers are with poor Bobbi Kristina.

My friends sister died this week aged 49 from smoking related cancer, I consider this as much a waste as Whitneys death if indeed it was caused by drugs.
So the sane goes for anyone who smokes, drinks, takes drugs, overeats, drives too fast, doesn't look both ways crossing the road, doesn't exercise, doesn't eat enough veg, the list goes on, as a wise man said 'let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'.

Oooh Shirleen, by your calculus I should have died last week!

JezVonSavage said:
Oooh Shirleen, by your calculus I should have died last week!

Exactly Jez darling, and I the week before you! We are all stewards of our own lives, and should look after our own life, never mind anyone elses!

Back