Rising from the ashes...

PhoenixsHonour

Hello everyone :)

I didn't really do the whole 'diary' thing last time round, and I'm wondering if it would have motivated me to come back to Cambridge after Christmas last year... So this time I'm going to give it a go, and hopefully update pretty regularly.

So this is my second time doing Cambridge, after a break of about a year. My first attempt went from September-December 2010 seriously, and then I mucked about with it for January before throwing in the towel. Over the last year I've tried calorie counting and joined Weight Watchers twice, and mostly just not dieted at all. All that's resulted in my regain of four and a half of the six stone I originally lost.

I've been overweight (or more accurately, obese) my whole life - I'm only 20, and it would be amazing to hit my 21st birthday at or near a healthy weight! This diet worked really really well for me last time, and I'm hoping for similar results now :)

I've got two planned breaks in my year so far - three days in May for my girlfriend's birthday (we're going to London for three days, yaaaaay :D) and then in June we're going to Prague for a week. Other than that, I will be on SS (unless it's my add a meal week, of course).

I restarted yesterday :D It wasn't too bad. I felt sicker than I remember, and I really really hate water, and the caffeine withdrawal headache still hasn't gone away... but I feel okay. I had four chilled chocolate tetras and even drank enough of the icky water (3.5L!) so I'm quite pleased.

One day down, 91 days to go! -till London, than is :D

Good luck on your journey! :D

Oooh you'll be like a different woman in 91 days! You could lose 3 stone if your head is in the right place.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to reading about your journey x

So I'm on day 5 now!! Just had to count that, actually, time seems to have absolutely flown :) I feel much, much better - I was into ketosis by the end of day 3, and the caffeine withdrawal has passed, so no more headaches or hunger. I feel great, actually :) I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and I've lost 10lbs! Sure, it's mostly water but it made me smile.

I've joined the Easter challenge, do my first goal is to lose the 35lbs I've challenged myself too by Easter. Bring it on :)

Thank you for all your lovely messages of support, I don't think I could do it without this forum <3

Eeek! Just had my first official weigh in and I've lost 13lbs!! Well, I'm absolutely chuffed. For a split second I was a little disappointed as when I did this the first time I lost 15.5lbs in my first week, but then I realised I was been absolutely ridiculous and I should be thrilled - so I am!!

I've also just tried my first Strawberry Silk tetra - it was nice, I think it tastes a lot like Nesquik, which I used to love as a kid. I think I'll be having a few more of those in the future.

PhoenixsHonour said:
Eeek! Just had my first official weigh in and I've lost 13lbs!! Well, I'm absolutely chuffed. For a split second I was a little disappointed as when I did this the first time I lost 15.5lbs in my first week, but then I realised I was been absolutely ridiculous and I should be thrilled - so I am!!

I've also just tried my first Strawberry Silk tetra - it was nice, I think it tastes a lot like Nesquik, which I used to love as a kid. I think I'll be having a few more of those in the future.

Hey well done excellent loss!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

WOW thats fantastic PH :))) Keep up the good work ... amazing xx

Really awesome loss in just one week! Way to go! I'm so :jelous:

Thanks guys :)

I've lost 4lbs this week, which is good for a second week. I also tried a porridge and a banana tetra. I really really hate porridge I've decided - that one went in the bin!!!

After next week I'll be

Can't edit on my stupid phone. Meant to say:

After next week I'll be moving to weigh ins on a Friday morning rather than a Wednesday night, which will be much better as I tend to limit my water/tetra consumption to the bare minimum on Wednesday and that makes my evenings difficult.

Yes, morning weigh-ins are the way to go! I'd be tempted to lay off the water and shakes until after an afternoon or evening weigh-in and suspect that I'd fall off the diet pretty fast as a result! :(

I don't mind the porridge - I put a little cinnamon in the plain one and it tastes much better! The texture is rather ... odd, but it's nice to have something warm and relatively filling for breakfast. :)

Back