Risotto ideas?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by HellieCopter, 9 March 2009 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would like to make risotto for dinner tonight, but something other than the usual mushroom or butternut squash.

Something free on green, but I've got 1 HEa to use today yet...

Any ideas? What do you make?

*waits for inspiration*

:giggle:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last edited: 9 March 2009
  4. LauRob

LauRob Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.96%)
    Diet:
    bodyOPTIMISE (SlimmingWorld online)
    Ooh - I'm a lover of the old mushroom risotto, but those ones from Circes sound rather yummy... I'm now planning my dinner for tomorrow night!

Thanks! x

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi, I love risotto!
    Leek and pea risotto is one of my faves. Just cook the leek (finely chopped) early on and then add peas with a few minutes left to go.
    Pea and broad bean is yummy too, I buy frozen baby broad beans.
    Grated courgette with lemon zest is a lovely fresh tasting risotto and I syn a tablespoon of marscapone to make it creamy if i'm feeling in the mood.
    I also do roast butternut squash in the oven with different spices and then use that in risotto, it all "melts" down and is gorgeous. It's the only way OH will eat squash as he won't eat it diced up!

6. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I have never tried risotto im not a big fan of rice but i may give it a go as those recipes look really nice.

7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

My OH doesn't like rice but lurves risotto! Good news for me as it's one of my faves. :)

8. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    There is also the recipe for Risotto in the Magazine this time - page 68 - 0 syns for Green and 14 syns on Red..

Hope that helps

9. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks all!!! I use bbcgoodfood quite a lot, don't know why I didn't think of looking there last night! Too lazy probably.
    I did a lovely lemon risotto in the end, with rocket. It was lush. I like the sound of a baked risotto, never done one of those before.

10. goldilocks020

goldilocks020 Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello all.
    Just wanted to thank you for the ideas. I made the bacon and roasted tomato one from the bbc site as posted by circe, and I have to say it was absolutely delicous! Will definitely be making it and more risotto again!
    Thank you!

11. littlemissnaughty

littlemissnaughty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.17%)
    Quorn sausage and rosemary is my fav at the moment. I got the recipe off here a few weeks ago and it is really nice.

12. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    86.7kg
    Current Weight:
    77.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    64.5kg
    Lost(%):
    8.8kg(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is a risotto dish that I make quite often, got it from a SW recipe book years ago! It's all cooked in the microwave, but I imagine you could adapt it to cook on the stove.

Kidney Bean Risotto

Ingredients

2 oz long-grain rice
    1 medium onion
    1 pepper (red or green as you prefer, I sometimes use half of each to make it look prettier [​IMG] )
    quarter tsp cumin
    quarter tsp chilli powder (or too taste)
    2 tsps tomato puree
    stock cube ( i use beef but would work equally well with veggie I would imagine)
    Half a tin kidney beans

Method

Add rice, cumin, chilli powder, 2 tsps tomato puree and half pint of stock to a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes.

Meanwhile chop onion finely and deseed and finely chop the peppers.

Remove rice bowl from microwave and leave to stand, while you microwave onion and peppers for 2 minutes - or you could fry them, but I always microwave them for this recipe, force of habit! my cooker wasn't working when I first made it!

Add the peppers/onion to the rice mixture and stir through, then drain and rinse the kidney beans and add them to the mixture, stirring in.

Return to the microwave for a further 4 minutes.

Dish up and sprinkle with grated cheese which will melt through it. I usually eat half and put the rest in the fridge for lunch the next day, when I just zap it for a couple of minutes to heat it through.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.