Road to skinnyness starts here!

Hi everyone,

My first day today! I am nervous/excited!! I have had a porridge for breakie which was ok, but im not really a porridge kinda girl anyhow, so was surprised I enjoyed it! Im planning on having mac cheese for lunch and either a bar or shake around my kids dinner time at 5.30ish then maybe chicken curry for dinner around 7.30-8 when DH has his dinner. Im not really sure how I am gona work it yet, but this is my plan so far.

I have had the meal replacement packs hidden away in its packaging since it arrived last week as I was keeping it from DH who isnt a fan of these diets as he thinks they are just faddy and ill gain it all back again, but I am totally in the zone and he has been convinced! It does make a difference knowing he will support me in this as I hate being told it wont work- it doesn't help having negativity around me, when I am trying to think positively!

Im gona go and have a look at before and after pics to get me super motivated for the next few days until Ketosis kicks in. Oh, btw, is it worth me getting those ketosis stick things?? What do you think?

Love, Helen
biggrin.png

Hi helen, good luck with ur first day! Im hear for u if u need a chat. How much do u wanna lose? Lets get thru the first 3 days together, until ketosis kicks in!

Hi Helen good luck girl you go for it...
Regarding the ketostix imho I think they are a waste of money. If you follow the diet 100% you'll be in ketosis. Depending on when you use them the ketostix might not register ketones, like soon after having a pack say. They can be a good gauge of how dehydrated you may be, dark purple may mean you need to up your water. But your thirst will tell you that too. Its a bit like your weight scales we all know its stupid to keep jumping on them but we are all looking for good things and motivation same with ketostix. Trust the diet itself xxx

Day one went ok actually!! I struggled a wee bit around dinner time as I decided to make burgers for my family! I dont actually eat meat burgers (i prefer quorn) but even these slabs of minced meat looked and smelt amazing!! But I resisted it all even then!

I had a mild chicken curry for tea with broccoli which tasted pretty damn fantastic considering what it is!

So far today I have had a choc shake for breakie which wasnt too bad. Im starving now though and its only 10.50! Ive got a chicken flavour soup for lunch here at work but I think its going to turn into a midmorning snack at this rate. Thank god I finish at 2.30 today so I can get home and have my mac and cheese as afternoon tea, then cottage pie with broccoli for dinner later!!

I keep seeing people making swede chips, so I am going to buy a swede later and try them. Has anyone got any tips/recipes for making these?

Are there many people on the s&s forums at all? I keep updating my diary type thing on there and then copy and pasting it onto here!! Its a cheat I know but I cant make up my mind which to stick to!

Hi,
Well done on getting thru day one!' i am interested in the swede chips too. As far as i know they have 1 spray of fry light then in the oven med heat for 10mins or so , til cooked!. Gonna walk down to the shops later to get some.

Well done on sticking to plan so far. I am on Day 4 so will be on this journey with you. I am on this forum to stop myself from going into the kitchen and eating food, my husband is out and the children are in bed and the Hula Hoops are calling me but I need to stay strong. I then went to get the ice cubes from the freezer for my shake and came across the ice cream but I must avoid. I have stuck to it 100% for 4 days why should I undo the good work. I thought typing away would help me stay strong.

well done on getting through day one .
I love the shakes done in the blender with lots of ice
you can do this good luck
my 1st weigh in on Thursday I know I have lost
cant wait

Thanks for the replies everyone! I am doing ok now and have stuck to it 100% :wow:

I think (hope) ketosis has kicked in now, because I had my shake at 8.45am, its now 11.30 and im not hungry and ready to pay someone every penny I have to get me chips from across the road!! Its such a difference to how I felt yesterday. I had fantasies all day about all the foods I love, and even some foods Im not bothered about seemed bloody amazing! I would sold my children to get a ham baguette with mayo! But today all is well in the S&S house!

I have been thinking a lot about my holiday we booked back in March. A half board hol to Butlins in September with my 2 kids and DH, and I am worried about my eating/diet whilst there. I think I have come to the conclusion I will take food packs for lunch and evening snack, and have the breakie and dinner that we paid extra for, but seriously consider the carbs that go onto my plate! I am hoping by that time (1st week in Sept) I will have seen the amazing results from this diet and be incredibly committed to it!! But.....its gona be very hard with the amount of food they usually have on offer, the smells and watching my family eat. So, I dont think I am going to fool myself into thinking I will stick to plan, coz that certainly isnt going to happen. I will just end up wasting S&S products. So, I will stick to low carbs and a couple of shakes a day.

What do you think? Has anyone managed to stay 100% on their hol with food included? A person on the S&S website forum said I should use this as a learning curve towards refeed and treat it as a diet week too. This is the mentality that I am going to try and stick to that week!! We will see...

Ive still got 5 weeks roughly until we go so hopefully I will have lost a bit of weight by then!

onwards and downwards!
xx

Back