Roast carvery?

Fberrypink

Going to carvery on Sunday and want to stick to plan....does this sound ok?

Meat (fat and skin removed)
Veggies (lots)
Two roast potatoes (syns)
Small portion of gravy (synned)

Just not sure how to calculate the syns?!

Hi FBerry

I was going for a carvery last night, but didn't .... anyway, I'd done some research and found this:

[h=4]A Food Optimising free-for-all[/h]Carverys are a great choice for Food Optimisers because juicy roast meat that has all visible fat or skin removed is fabulously Free. Fill your plate with any of the following:

• Gammon
  • Beef
  • Lamb
  • Pork
  • Turkey
Max up the Free Food by piling your plate with potatoes:

• New or boiled potatoes are both Free
Roast potatoes – these crispy spuds are roasted in oil and meat juices – a couple of average sized roasties contain 3 Syns!
Mashed potatoes – most restaurants add butter or milk to make mashed potatoes creamy – count 1½ Syns per 100g spoonful.
Add the finishing touches to your meal (and make it a real Extra Easy plate) by choosing lots of steamed, grilled or boiled Superfree veggies. Ask if the vegetables contain butter, if they do - ask for yours without. Popular choices include…

• Carrots
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Green beans
  • Mashed swede
  • Cauliflower
Free Food veggie favourites:

• Peas
  • Sweetcorn
[h=4]Carvery extras[/h]No matter how ‘saintly’ you’re feeling, the Yorkshire puds, stuffing and gravy can provide more temptation that we can bear! Knowing the Syns of your favourites means you can make a decision – 'do I want to use 10 Syns just for a Yorkshire pud and gravy?' If the answer’s yes, go ahead and keep count. If you’d rather save your Syns for later, enjoy your unlimited fill of the Free Foods on offer.
Popular carvery ‘extras’

• Yorkshire pudding – 4 Syns
  • Stuffing balls – 2 Syns per average 25g serving
  • Roast parsnips – 3½ per 100g spoonful
  • Cauliflower cheese – 3 Syns per 100g spoonful
  • Parsley sauce – 3 Syns per 100ml serving
  • Gravy – 1 Syn per 100ml spoonful
Those bits on the side…
If you fancy a ‘bit on the side’– you can! Just keep check of the Syns.

• Mustard – ½ Syn per level tsp
  • Mint sauce – ½ Syn per tbsp
  • Horseradish – 1 Syn per tbsp
  • Cranberry sauce – 1½ Syns per tbsp
  • Apple sauce – 1 Syn per tbsp
Hope this helps and enjoy your dinner! :D

P x

Hi FBerry

I was going for a carvery last night, but didn't .... anyway, I'd done some research and found this:

[h=4]A Food Optimising free-for-all[/h]Carverys are a great choice for Food Optimisers because juicy roast meat that has all visible fat or skin removed is fabulously Free. Fill your plate with any of the following:

• Gammon
  • Beef
  • Lamb
  • Pork
  • Turkey
Max up the Free Food by piling your plate with potatoes:

• New or boiled potatoes are both Free
Roast potatoes – these crispy spuds are roasted in oil and meat juices – a couple of average sized roasties contain 3 Syns!
Mashed potatoes – most restaurants add butter or milk to make mashed potatoes creamy – count 1½ Syns per 100g spoonful.
Add the finishing touches to your meal (and make it a real Extra Easy plate) by choosing lots of steamed, grilled or boiled Superfree veggies. Ask if the vegetables contain butter, if they do - ask for yours without. Popular choices include…

• Carrots
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Green beans
  • Mashed swede
  • Cauliflower
Free Food veggie favourites:

• Peas
  • Sweetcorn
[h=4]Carvery extras[/h]No matter how ‘saintly’ you’re feeling, the Yorkshire puds, stuffing and gravy can provide more temptation that we can bear! Knowing the Syns of your favourites means you can make a decision – 'do I want to use 10 Syns just for a Yorkshire pud and gravy?' If the answer’s yes, go ahead and keep count. If you’d rather save your Syns for later, enjoy your unlimited fill of the Free Foods on offer.
Popular carvery ‘extras’

• Yorkshire pudding – 4 Syns
  • Stuffing balls – 2 Syns per average 25g serving
  • Roast parsnips – 3½ per 100g spoonful
  • Cauliflower cheese – 3 Syns per 100g spoonful
  • Parsley sauce – 3 Syns per 100ml serving
  • Gravy – 1 Syn per 100ml spoonful
Those bits on the side…
If you fancy a ‘bit on the side’– you can! Just keep check of the Syns.

• Mustard – ½ Syn per level tsp
  • Mint sauce – ½ Syn per tbsp
  • Horseradish – 1 Syn per tbsp
  • Cranberry sauce – 1½ Syns per tbsp
  • Apple sauce – 1 Syn per tbsp
Hope this helps and enjoy your dinner! :D

P x

Having carvery on sunday uv made life so much easier thanks xxx

Are the syns for roast parsnips because they'll have been roasted in oil? Or do they have a sun value when they are roasted?

Back