Robin's weightloss (21lbs in 24 days so far)

yhs4260

Well I've been told by several people that it's a good idea to have a little journal of my progress. So here goes!

I want to lose weight as I have basically been a fat sweaty mess for the past 10 years. The motivation to do so has been encouraged by my lack of self respect for my image and my desire to become physically fit.

I initially tried a lot of running/swimming/cycling, however I have found that my increased weight is making performing these activities very difficult and often humiliating. When I could not achieve a reasonable amount of exercise without becoming frustrated by my own personal level of fitness I decided I needed to lose some weight first, and then getting fit will be much easier.

My goals are:
To be 10st 2lb
To have a BMI of 22.5 or thereabouts
To be able to comfortably run 5km
To look physically attractive (Or at least in some way better!)
To feel better

WEEK 1

PLAN: Sole Source + (810 cals)
WEIGHT: 13st 9lb
BMI: 30 (Obesity :cry:)

Did I cheat? - Yes, on day two I just could not take it anymore and bought a chicken kebab! Although I only had half the chicken and all the lettuce, binned the rest. This was actually a great kick up the backside and was the real motivation I needed not to cheat again. I also had several cans of Diet Coke throughout the week. Although I was told I could have diet coke in limited amounts if I absolutely need to.

Notes - I did not actually start the diet until Monday morning, this was planned. So the first week is really just 3 1/2 days (My week starts on a Thursday as its weighing day!).

END OF WEEK RESULTS:
WEIGHT LOSS: 9lbs!!!
NEW WEIGHT: 13st 0lbs

WEEK 2

START OF WEEK:
PLAN: Sole Source + (810 cals) then Sole Source (550 cals) after 4 days.
WEIGHT: 13st 0lb
BMI: 28.7 (Overweight :))

Did I cheat? Yes'ish - Whilst no food I continued to drink about a can of Diet coke per day.

Notes - I switched to just Sole Source on Monday. I was finding cooking and eating too tempting. And I also am more commited than ever to this weight loss, so I have decided to go HARDCORE! Very happy with my weight loss. Physically feel a bit better.

END OF WEEK RESULTS:
WEIGHT LOSS: 5 lbs :cool:
WEIGHT:12st 9lbs

WEEK 3

START OF WEEK:
PLAN: Sole Source (550 cals)
WEIGHT: 12st 9lb
BMI: 27.8 (Overweight :))

Did I cheat? No! Not once! One day I even forgot a shake, well I fell asleep. This was an accident and I realise that by missing shakes I could actually have a more negative effect. I stopped the diet coke about 10 days ago, not sure if thats helping but I dont feel the need for it anymore.

Notes - Everything is going very well. Although I didn't have as much weight loss as I would have hoped for, I drank quite a lot of water in the hours running up to being weighed. I'm not bothered by it, I know its coming off :)

END OF WEEK RESULTS:
WEIGHT LOSS: 3 lbs :cool:
NEW WEIGHT:12st 6lbs

WEEK 4 -

START OF WEEK:
WEIGHT: 12st 6lb
BMI: 27.4 (Overweight :)) Halfway to Normal BMI :D

Did I cheat? Nope, not a single bit!

Notes - Everything going really really well. Never hungry, easy to stick to the plan. Not tempted to fall off. Even sat and watched my friend eat a Burger King! And was not bothered!

END OF WEEK RESULTS:
WEIGHT LOSS: 6 lbs :cool:
NEW WEIGHT:12st 0lbs
NEW BMI: 26.4 - OMG !!!!!!

I am now starting the next week...

I will post updates every week. Thanks for reading! Any motivation welcome :) - I won't upload any photo's...yet.

I forgot to add that I estimate to have reached my goal in the first week of October providing the rate of weight loss does not reduce :)

Wow what a great job you've done, congratulations. What have you been eating?

Wow what a great job you've done, congratulations. What have you been eating?

Nothing! Well nothing for around 3 weeks, just sticking to Sole Source and eating absolutely nothing, not even diet coke etc!

And 30 minutes on the XBOX Kinect every night. I bought Zumba but I can't dance lol.

Shake, Soup, Shake, Bar = My daily routine!

I know its silly but I weighed this morning and it was 11" 12!

Very excited about actually shifting it and can't believe how much easier it is this time now that I am no longer eating.

yhs4260 said:
Nothing! Well nothing for around 3 weeks, just sticking to Sole Source and eating absolutely nothing, not even diet coke etc!

And 30 minutes on the XBOX Kinect every night. I bought Zumba but I can't dance lol.

Shake, Soup, Shake, Bar = My daily routine!

I know its silly but I weighed this morning and it was 11" 12!

Very excited about actually shifting it and can't believe how much easier it is this time now that I am no longer eating.

You are in the zone aren't you! I am starting week three, trying to avoid all situations where I'm faced with eating out. I'm not telling people so it makes it tough. You are doing awesome. I hope I can lose 21 in 24 days.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your comments :)

Yes I could not be any more in the zone if I tried! But it's a great feeling being here, as I am very far from temptation and weak moments. Don't get me wrong, there are times I see something tasty and think 'Ooh that looks niiiiice', but for once, and this is a lifetime first, my mind is actually looking at whatever it is objectively and thinking about the damage it will do to me. I've never had this sort of thought process before, and it's refreshing that along with the weightloss I am retuning my brain to evaluate what I am considering. Before the diet, I would not even have a second thought about finding myself in the McDonalds drive through, it was impulsive.... Almost as if... I am hungry.... Find nearest food.... Eat. There was no thought process going on about how what I am eating could make me feel bad, look bad or have a bad mood.

I have got to the stage now where I can go out with friends, and despite them eating, it really does not bother me. Infact I often feel a bit euphoric at the thought that I am no longer bothered by it, its a great feeling! I sit to myself quietly thinking 'That's going straight to your belly and hips mate!'.

Well done on your 6lbs loss. I see we have a similar amount of weight to lose, as long as you don't cheat the diet is easier and you will achieve your goals. I hope you can achieve the weight loss you want this month.

Not telling people is something I would have done had I known the amount of people trying to tempt me away from the Diet, unfortunately some people just cannot fathom the idea of not eating, and some even make an effort to make me eat without realising why I am not eating, my mother being one example! But I guess that's just my mum trying to look after me awwww!

really annoying I wrote a big long post but it never appeared, apparently I was not allowed to post until a moderator approved something.

this forum really has some of the worst rules ever! mini hitler has control of things it seems.

thanks for your comments. im sure you will do well, keep it up!

WEEK 5 -

START OF WEEK:
WEIGHT: 12st 0lb
BMI: 26.4 (Overweight :))

Did I cheat? Nope :D

Notes - Still going well, although I am starting to get hungry now and then? Bit odd as i've not had that feeling for a long time. Hope its not going to get harder!
I have estimated that I will have a normal BMI in just under 3 weeks time :eek:

END OF WEEK RESULTS:
WEIGHT LOSS: 4 lbs :cool:
NEW WEIGHT:11st 10lbs
NEW BMI: 26.2

yhs4260 said:
Just noticed, thats 2 stone as of today, wooooohoooo!

Big congratulations! You are awesome. Did you mention how tall yuo are? Just curious, stats don't show on the ipad app. I can't tell you how motivating your progress is!

Hi Maggie,

I am 5ft 6 (168cm)

I am really over the moon that I can motivate anyone in any way. So thank you :)

I'm so proud of myself, it's even motivating me to do other positive things in my life.

I am starting to feel really good now. Even silly stuff like how close I can sit to the computer desk or how I feel sat in the chair in my car, everything is just feeling more comfortable and new!

The only downside is I look like i cannot afford appropriately sized clothing! Even one of the belts I used to own does not have enough notches for my new waist!

So over the moon.

At the end of this I am going to be doing the NHS Couch to 5K jogging plan. A lot of people I know that have done it absolutely swear by it. I just wish I could fast forward to that point as I am really pumped about starting my whole fitness regime. Couch to 5K - Live Well - NHS Choices - They are podcasts and tell you basically what to do! Run... Stop etc. I believe they are free for anyone.

I see from your signature you have lost 13lbs in 3 weeks, that is absolutely amazing! Well done you.

Robin

Hi Robin, How are things going? Thank you for the information on Couch to 5K. More pounds to drop and then I may start it. I have always wanted to be able to run. So this week I have lost another 3 pounds! Love to here how your week has been.

Hello!

I had a bit of a major blip the other week, I was struck down with a nasty virus. I tried to continue the diet for 5 days whilst on Antibiotics, however I was feeling worse and worse every day. Eventually my doctor told me I must stop the diet, eat sensibly and continue the medication. So at this point my biggest fear was to balloon all the weight back on.

After a few days of eating simple foods I started to get better. I am convinced that being on the diet prolonged the illness. Next time I am moderately ill I will consider suspending the diet, but hopefully as long as that does not happen in the next few weeks I will be fine.

So. What happened with my weight loss?

Well I am absolutely delighted to say, that after the illness, I had not put on a single pound!

WEEK 6 (Restart from illness) -

START OF WEEK:
WEIGHT: 11st 10lb
BMI: 26 (Overweight :))

Did I cheat? No I did not! I was quite ill, and had to eat. I am better now, and I have not cheated once!

Notes - Was quite concerned about coming back on the diet as I know this is where most people fail. Despite this I have really just fell back into where I was before my illness, day 3 was a bit difficult in the evening. But day 3 back on the diet always is, I expected this and managed it accordingly. I just had an extra bar that evening and ever since I have never been hungry.

MID WEEK UPDATE:
WEIGHT LOSS: 4 lbs :cool:
NEW WEIGHT:11st 6lbs
NEW BMI: 25.42 (Not far til a healthy BMI!!!)

I will continue my update every weigh-in day, which is Thursday evening.

I have refocussed my goals a little. I am seriously thinking about getting to a BMI of 21.5, which would be 9st 11lb. I am calling it my 911 target, as I deem my weight loss to be a 911 emergency situation!

Back