Robinsons Peach Fruit & Barley

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by yummy01, 2 April 2014 Social URL.

1. yummy01

yummy01 New Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.59%)
    I have been guzzling down the Robinsons peach barley water like nobodys business feeling great as i was getting loads of water in and thinking it was free....however ive just looked on the syn value online and im horrified! It says 1 syn per 100 ml. I just went into full on panic as the glass i have been having is 500ml so am i have 5 syns?? OR does it mean 1 syn per 100 ml of concentrate?? (There is 1L in the bottle). To make matters even more confusing, when i use the syn calculator it says its FREE?! Does anybody have an answer to this please? xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

If you read the labels on the bottle you will see that there are 11 calories per 100ml of concentrate. Using the 1 syn per 20 calorie rule, I would make that a tiny bit more than 1/2 a syn per 100ml. Maybe SW have rounded it up?

Each bottle is 1 litre, which is 1000ml, which means that each bottle contains 110 calories. Which is five and a half syns for the whoile bottle.

The label says that there are approximately 20 servings in a 1 litre bottle, which makes each serving 50ml. Which is five and a half calories, which is so small that frankly I wouldn't worry about it!

I have always thought of it as free - you would have to knock back gallons of it to make any real impact on weight loss.

Anyone who thinks my calculations aren't right, please say so! I could have got it wrong!

4. yummy01

yummy01 New Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.59%)
    Hi Anna, thanks so much for your reply- i totally forgot about the 20 cal rule! So in actual fact i could drink the whole bottle and only be 5.5 syns down. Whoohoo! i think im addicted to it. Thanks so much xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.