rogers chunk drop diary

roger

h all im 45 yo and been over weight for over ten years but the last four years its got little out of controle. started at sw 18 monhs ago and my start weight was a pound short of 20 stone...i did well for 7 months losing 3 stone and felt better for it but we went on hols and never got back in to the groove so to speak. this january finaly got back on the scales and yes 19 stone.me and my wife started doig sw at home and and i lost 1.5 stone but stoped loosing and felt like giving up so hear we are on atkins and loving it . im on week 3 of induction due ro the amount of weight i need to move. please let me know if you see somthing wrong i need this to work lol.

breakfast
2 scrambled eggs with a splash of cream and 3 slices of streaky bacon and black coffee.

lunch
2 slices of tinned roe fryed in olive oil and a green leaf salad and mayo and black coffee

dinner

i only had a pan fryed cod filett and a glass o diet coke

snacks
abag of scratchings and a atkins bar.

that was yester days menue looking at it dont think im drinking enough need to start writing it down just made some fax bread it smells a bit strange but will let you know lol

Hi Roger and welcome :)

Your menu looks pretty good, the leafy greens are the way forward, and lots of oil - plus water, water and more water :)

Also maybe try to keep away from the Atkins bars - someone else posted lots of stuff here recently about the bars and how they're full of really bad stuff and actually cause lots of insulin spikes!

The flax bread takes a little getting used to - the best recipe I've found is this one, courtesy of Katie - http://www.minimins.com/atkins-reci...ion-1-5c-per-serving-depending-flax-used.html

hi and thanks had some flax this morning toaster with scrambled egg and bacon and was verry strange the recipe i used had half a cup of oil witch made the bread oily so will try kates one next i only have one atkins bar left and when its gone i will leave it off for a while thanks for the tip.
roast chicken and colli mash for lunch jost ate an atkins bar while the lap top was bootin up should have read first lol.
lost 11 lb in 3 weeks now at 16st 5 lb feelig a bit rough though.

Wow that's a great loss, Roger, well done.

What do you mean by feeling rough? Some people experience flu like symptoms (Atkins flu), which is your body detoxing from carbs - but that usually happens in the first week.

Got a headach but not to bad and feel quite weak and bitter taste for the ladt 3 days .its ok just not normal for me.

The bitter taste is definitely a good sign, means you're in ketosis :) Keep drinking lots of water and help flush the carbs out.

Maybe it is delayed Atkins flu - try some chicken stock in hot water, I found that really helped me.

popping by to say Hi and well done on the loss so far
are you drinking enough water ?

Hi and thanks probably not making a bit more of an efort to drink moor back to the gym tomoz tend to drink more thhere lol

hi all
yesterday didnt go so well had a baking day made some atkins muffins and some more flax bread from katies recipe missed dinner but had a muffin and a peice of bread and a bag of scrathings. ye iknow bad habits and all that.

so to day no bad stuff had scrambled egg and bacon for breakfast and a pint of water. cheese omlet for lunch already on my therd pint of water just rad the carbs in kve scratchens 4.8 thats bad thats the last of them aswell then.

Sounds like a good day so far Roger.

I know the flax bread, etc, can seem great - but they can stall some people so while you're starting out it's best to keep it really simple :)

I don't know what scratchings you're eating but those sound like they might be brushed with flour or something to have carb levels that high. Supermarkets do bags with much lower carbs - though they're salty so it's still not ideal to overeat them.

Susie is totally right about keeping away from the baking if you can for the first couple of weeks - I was about 6 weeks in before I started experimenting, so I'll be able to tell if something new I try stalls me.

There are also much better, healthier things to bake with than the Atkins mix. I'm wary of all Atkins products personally.

Just finished my day and only 16.4 carbs all in not to bad drank around 4.5 pints of water and two coffee black of course still feel a little rough .need to work in more greens i think and of the baking till ferther notice lol xx

Hi Roger and welcome:)
All good advice to avoid the sweeteners and Sugar free goodies - they will stall you! Flax is good for fibre but as long as you eat plenty of veg then you dont need and it's good to break old habits! Feel free to eat plenty of green leafy veg from the induction list - that becomes your new filler and things to have sauce on! Plus it's yummy and i'm yet to find anyone who stalls on green veggies:D

Good luck and keep posting!

morning all feel better today chicken sausage bacon and egg for b fastand coffee. i did a favor for an indian guy at work the other day and this morning he came in with a chicken curry from his wife is it best not to go there or will it be ok smells nice i asked him what it was but his english is worse than my spelling lol [dyslexi] i think

Hi,
it will probably be homemade, so I would of thought it would b o.k? I suppose you have to say to your self is it worth eating the curry and possibly stalling for a few days/week?
j x

just pick out the meat perhaps,and have it with lots of veg ?

It's probably not okay. Unless you've made it yourself it's likely to have sugar and flour for thickening in the sauce?

Up to you if you want to risk it ;)

Back