Roll call and goals :)

Hules

Silver Member
With my renewed enthusiasm I thought it might be a nice idea to see who we've actually got on the Vintage board at the mo and do a new role call. So who is here? I'll kick us off :)

I'm Hules and I live in Notts. I'm a chronic yo-yo dieter whose biggest problem is snacking on junk with no nutritional value. I'm also an over eater. I'm really trying to stop this now, I'm 40 now and enough's enough!

I'm not aiming for any specific event but I'd like to get to a comfortable size, not slim as I actually look a bit odd but a nice size 12. I'm not totally sure what weight this will put me at but I think I need to lose at least 2 1/2st. I then want to try to sort my poor overeating habits to maintain a healthy weight. I need to up the exercise too. I like running (shuffling :)) but I need to get of my butt and back into properly.

Off topic I am very faddy and hobbies tend to be short lived. I'm arty and most things I'm are creative. Some things that I currently love are making cupcakes and decorated biscuits (not good whilst ww!), breaking bad (we're watching them all on dvd) and playing my ukuleles.

How about everyone else? X

Just me then :p

Sorry, Hules!

Well. I am Lorny and live in Bedford. I am also a chronic yo-yo dieter, however, the last two years have seen me pile on 6st in weight. I have lost about 2st since I started dieting properly in September or so, though I took a few weeks off and ended up putting on half a stone that I'd lost, making my journey longer. I am a typical binge eater. I will be fine fine fine fine BLAM stuff my face. It's usually after work on a Thursday that I undo my hard work for the week but, xmas and new year aside, I did quite well in kicking that to the kerb.

I am a student. I wanted to be a vet nurse but it turns out I am too old for government funding, and now want to be a teacher in my chosen industry. I too like creative things, but lack the funds to keep said creativity going.

I lost 5st before on WW vintage, but I didn't keep it up and ended up here. I'd like to lose my weight for my holiday this time in six months, and the graduation ball at the end of June. I initially wanted to be under 11st, but that is never going to happen before July now, so I'd be happy with 50lbs.

So, that's me!

Hi ladies,

Im back to vintage points as of tomorrow.

My dieting history contains a lot of yoyoing and shouty sweariness!

Thing is if I dont do something soon ill end up overweight the rest of my life and I just cant abide that. Will take some getting used to a diet again, especially considering xmas was a food free for all. Thing is I suffer with sugar dips whilst dieting so was wondering what youd recommend to combat this. Happens mainly at night so would have to be something i can shove in my bedside tsble just in case.

I dont have any particular time goals, just want the weight gone.

Hi guys, I'm Jackie and am struggling big time. I lost 6 stone on discover 2 years ago and was doing great at maintaining.... Then it all went pear shaped!!!! So I'm back after messing round with pro points and decided it was not for me! So I have 2 & half stone to loose, will be staring again on Saturday!!

Hi again! Forgot to mention I'm from wales!! My biggest hurdle is I'm an all or nothing kinda gal!! Really really good or really really bad! One slip up and I'm done for! Really need to try and get straight back on track... Mmmm if only it was that easy eh!!

I'm the same, Jackie. If I allow a treat for myself I go nuts, but could go weeks without letting chocolate touch my lips.

Loser, how about a mini chocolate bar? Like a little 1.5pt job. If you don't always use it it's no biggy, but I'd always put health before points in that situation, as a couple of points is easily made up for later in the day/week.

Hi there,
I'm Niki and I live in Huddersfield, West yorks.
I've been lurking for a while, mainly before Christmas, as like a few people have said Xmas was a free for all!! I'm also a serial yo yo dieter, I had done really well, up to beginning of 2013 had lost 4 stone, with my own diet roughly based on weight watchers vintage points, but got a bit complacent, tried every diet going, and binged in between and have put a stone on since Jan last year, I also moved in with my new bloke, got comfy, he too has put a stone and a half on. So a mixture of everything really. So back on it as of Monday, Im doing this and my partner is doing the herbalife shakes, can't quite cope with those!! So, good look everyone.xx

Good luck, missniki! I did that too, got a boyfriend who is able to eat what he wants, and comes from a big family, so when they fed me I ate loads and it wasn't healthy! I can't blame them, but I am pants at resisting stuff put in front of me and always finished what's on my plate as well as picking leftovers til I burst.

Hi and welcome back Loser85, I love that you have bouts of shouty sweariness :p. I also get sugar dips, but have found that if I have something like a biscuit it does pick me up, but not for long - I get on a kind of sugar rollercoaster. I do better with some fruit like a banana (had one of these by my bed at night all through my pregnancies) and I've heard that snack bars with protein in rather than sugar can help too.

Hi Jackie, I reckon I've got 2.5st to lose too (minimum), this would take me down to just over 11 which feels just about right for me. I reckon it's definitely doable especially with the really nice little 'Vintage' group we now seem to have (really hope everyone sticks around!). I'm also all or nothing, I'm on it, or I'm not! The way I'm currently thinking is that we could really focus for the next 6 months then it could all be off and we'd be maintaining for summer.

Welcome back Missniki! 4st is fantastic, though I can totally understand how it creeps back on. You feel great and what you eat stops being your main focus (as it should be), but then you start to make poor food choices again. Actually that's me in a nutshell! Good luck for Monday hun!

Ha ha, Lorny I wish it was 3 stone in 2 months :) x

I am liking this new little group! x

Oh, I meant two stone in three months :-D I'm liking that we've got a little group going too :)

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all :)

I'm Lisa from Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire border. I did vintage points back in 2005 and lost 2st. I gained 2.5st after getting married in 2007 and then when I had my daughter in 2010 I gained a further 2st. Making me 4.5st heavier than I was :(

Since 2010 I've messed around doing propoints losing and gaining and just not getting very far and decided it just doesn't work for me. Seeing as my daughter is now 3.5 I can't call this baby weight any more so I'm back to the ww I know and love.

Lisa x x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Small world, I'm on the border too :)

Hi everyone, well day 1 off to a good start have stayed within my points!!! Yay me!!! Just need to keep it going! I'm glad I stopped lurking and joined you guys it's nice to know i'm not on my own and others have the same issues and that you all seem really supportive!

Well I have rediscovered quorn!! My hero the last time I was on discover very cheap (points wise!!) I am trying to use my points better this time round as I had a habit of eating very low point meals and keeping lots of points for treats!!

How's everyone else doing today??

I haven't been too bad! Got enough points for a white hot chocolate and ww jaffa cake bar if I'm home from my shift early enough :) Whittard's brand of white hot chocolate is absolutely amazing, nothing like the Options poop! And the best part is that it's only 2pts for a cup if you've already pointed your milk. I don't use as much as half a pint of milk a day so I'll point my coffee and hot choccy with 1pt. :)

I've gone over by 5 points today but I know I can pull it back in. I've got a child's birthday party tomorrow so I'm having food before I go not giving in whilst there. Hopefully get on to the exercise Monday once my girlies back at nursery :)

Lisa x x x

Hot chocolate sounds lovely lorny will have to get some. I've just had a packet if Special K cereal bites only 1.5 pts per bag and there's lots in there so lasts a bit longer.good thinking Lisaf85 for eating before you go that will help keep you on track. Have also bought fruit polos to keep in my handbag a whole tube is 2pts and will last me a few days. The sugar free are only 1pt a tube but the fruit are tastier!! Have found them to be great for stopping me picking! Xx

I put together my exercise bike today, so I'm going to give that a go tomorrow. It's got a 100kg weight limit on it, and I'm about 94, so I won't go mad!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Crikey lorny you really are motivated!! Well done! I did buy a treadmill last year but it turned into a shoe rack and clothes horse!! Not my best purchase!! Your making me feel guilty now so I will definitely try to find some sort of excersise I enjoy and doesn't feel like a chore! Any suggestions anyone? Xx

Back