Romantic 3 course meal suggestions, Ladies I need your advice!! Please!!

t11cky

It looks very likely I have a romantic meal to prepare and cook, Possibly next thursday or saturday evening!!!

Ladies I need your help and advice for a special three course meal that doesn't exceed 15 syns but the lower the better!!

This is for a hopefully romantic meal for a lady I know that also goes to Slimmers World, I so want to impress her :cool: Please help with any suggestions that would impress you!!

Oooo I wish I done slimmers world, I'm a chef.....I could do low calorie?! lol - Have a lovely time all the same......least you have something in common to start with eh?! xxx

Why not do melon for starter, a steak with Sw chips and big salad for main and then pudding is always difficult... Maybe an Eton mess with meringue nest (2-3 syns) with strawberries raspberries etc, and a vanilla muller light?

Nearly all syn free xxx

Strawberries for dessert leave stalks on too I love either steak or pasta for main nd maybe a nice salad for starter like a chicken ceaser hope that helps nd have a fab time :)

Why not do melon for starter, a steak with Sw chips and big salad for main and then pudding is always difficult... Maybe an Eton mess with meringue nest (2-3 syns) with strawberries raspberries etc, and a vanilla muller light?

Nearly all syn free xxx

I do like the sound of that, All very easy and nice!! Not a big fan myself of melon but I have too admit I dont know if she is!!

Do you know what kind of food she likes? Maybe we can come up with something simlar.

I like meringue for pudding, with strawbs & quark mixed with a bit of sweetner or 0% greek yogurt.

For starters somthing with prawns - I think they have a nice 'expensive/special' feel to them, but not with salad perhaps spring onions, garlic & chilli & peppers.

Not too sure about main, I'm not really a big meat eater so don't really like steak, I like to eat chicken, my fav meat dish is chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon, the chicken stays lovely & moist, I have it with carrots & swede mashed & SW chips:D

What kind of foods do you like to eat?

Do you know what kind of food she likes? Maybe we can come up with something simlar.

I like meringue for pudding, with strawbs & quark mixed with a bit of sweetner or 0% greek yogurt.

For starters somthing with prawns - I think they have a nice 'expensive/special' feel to them, but not with salad perhaps spring onions, garlic & chilli & peppers.

Not too sure about main, I'm not really a big meat eater so don't really like steak, I like to eat chicken, my fav meat dish is chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon, the chicken stays lovely & moist, I have it with carrots & swede mashed & SW chips:D

What kind of foods do you like to eat?

I do know she likes prawns, but I don't! lol
I have cooked Chicken breasts before with a little slice into the centre of the breast with some garlic put in, then wrapped in Fat free Bacon, served with sw chips, Mushrooms and salad!! mmm, that could be a good one, maybe!!

t11cky said:
I do know she likes prawns, but I don't! lol
I have cooked Chicken breasts before with a little slice into the centre of the breast with some garlic put in, then wrapped in Fat free Bacon, served with sw chips, Mushrooms and salad!! mmm, that could be a good one, maybe!!

Have u tried the sw hunters chicken? There's a recipe for it somewhere and it's absolutely gorgeous and free if using cheese as hea x
How about a soup for starter with ww petit pains (heb)? xx

Starters - Salmon pate (with either a hexb of bread or ryvita etc), Homemade veg soup

Mains - Anything that you are comfortable making, how about a curry (nothing too hot) - that way you could make the same base, adding chicken to yours and prawns to hers (shows that you're listening and are willing to compromise to accomodate her!!!)

Afters - Strawberries half dipped in dark chocolate (this could keep the syns low), 1 1/2 syn (for the whole thing) strawberry or raspberry mousse (makes lots for the syns) served with strawberries or raspberries.
ALTERNATIVE - don't do a tradditional pudding, but make up a bag of low syn treats and share them watching a nice film (cuddling on the couch if the evening goes well ;) )

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Relax and have a nice time in each others company!!!

How about salmon/couscous salad,or soup for starters
Risotto,or Pete’s Louisiana Spicy Chicken & Rice for Dinner
Pete’s Knickerbocker Glory made with bananas! for pudding...

Attachments

• Louisiana Spicy Chicken (Small).JPG
    Louisiana Spicy Chicken (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 426
Starters - Salmon pate (with either a hexb of bread or ryvita etc), Homemade veg soup

Mains - Anything that you are comfortable making, how about a curry (nothing too hot) - that way you could make the same base, adding chicken to yours and prawns to hers (shows that you're listening and are willing to compromise to accomodate her!!!)

Afters - Strawberries half dipped in dark chocolate (this could keep the syns low), 1 1/2 syn (for the whole thing) strawberry or raspberry mousse (makes lots for the syns) served with strawberries or raspberries.
ALTERNATIVE - don't do a tradditional pudding, but make up a bag of low syn treats and share them watching a nice film (cuddling on the couch if the evening goes well ;) )

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Relax and have a nice time in each others company!!!

I love what you say about prawn and chicken, Will surely impress her that, As long as she likes a curry!!
I will find that out this evening!! :)

I think Homemade soup is a great bit, easy to make. I once had a dinner party and made a tomato soup but forgot to heat it up before I served it, so pretended it was supposed to be gizpacho (SP) haha:cool:

I was told a lovely recipe last week that I made for my boyfriend last friday and we both absolutely devoured it, it was gorgeous

soften some leeks and asparagus in some fry light
when they're cooked through add some philadelphia extra light (i used 100g for 2 people)
add 1 tbsp tomato puree per person
Add a dash of milk to thin the sauce down depending how you like it
stir through some smoked salmon
season with black pepper
serve over pasta

Like I said I made that last weekend, I also added some mushrooms at the beginning as I had some in the fridge that needed using (and it adds to the superfree!) and it was gorgeous and really filling!

For dessert what about the no freeze ice cream recipe in the EE summer book? whizz up 300g frozen summer berries(still frozen), with 300g muller light (raspberry or vanilla flavour), 2-3tbsp sweetener according to taste, 1tsp vanilla extract. Blend for 30-40 seconds until it gets to the consistency of soft scoop ice cream. If it's a date i'd make 1 bowl and serve with 2 spoons ;)

Starter just a nice soup, the main just do a simple roast chicken with veg & for dessert tiaramisiu if you search on you tube there is a lady on there that makes one for 2 syns but it would depend if she likes coffee.

Or there is also a guy on you tube that does dairylea chicken or fanta chicken & rice....yum yum...

I have a berry cheesecake recipe that I have created, makes 4 at 3.5syns each. It actually tastes like a cheesecake and they are ramekin size. - if you want the recipe let me know - they are pretty easy to do. Starter you could do something like tandori chicken and a side salad. Mains what about a slow cooked morrocain tajine served with cous cous? You can make with lamb or chicken.

Hi i did a meal for my mum a few weeks ago and we had 2 pottabello mushrooms stuffed with laughing cow(1) per mushroom and topped with cheese then baked for about half an hour served with salad, for main we had mushroom risotto and for pudding we had sugar free jelly with shape zero yogurt poured over the top but i served it in a wine glass to make it look a bit fancy. hope this helps and enjoy your night :)

Thankyou everyone!!
My favouite combo so far has to be:-

Starter,
Stuffed pottabello mushrooms (would add some garlic) or tomato soup

Main
Fillet steak, SW chips, Mushrooms and salad

Desert
Meringues

Please keep adding more ideas, Really gratefull!!

I would do melon to start, hunters chicken with new potatoes and veg for main, and a chocolate mousse to finish - you mix together quark and fromage frais and add a highlights to it - pop some strawberries on the top and you're away!

Desert wise I am addicted to slimming world trifle. Love then as don't feel diety.

It makes 4 individual ones and uses banana & custard mullerlight instead of custard.

Use either 4 nice glass tumblers or wine glasses. Put 2 sponge fingers per glass (need to be snapped in half).
Add frozen raspberries to each glass (i cover the sponge fingers)
Make up Harleys sugar free raspberry jelly but add 2 leaves of geletine (soak for 5 mins first) at the boiling water stage so the dissolve before topping up with cold.
Leave to set in fridge for a few hours. U could do this day before.
Then just before serving add 1/2 banana & custard mullerlight for the 2 trifles (dont do the other 2 if its just for u 2)
Add some squirty uht light cream. Anchor do one as do Aldi and Morrisons.
Syn wise - sponge fingers - 2, jelly (for 1 pot) - 0.5 and squirty cream - 1.
Total - 3.5

You could miss sponge fingers out or cream to save syns tho.
They are gorgeous, look impressive too. We had one last night and got the spare ones for today as well.

Back