roosnanny...back from beyond...

roosnanny

Gold Member
i would like to start all over a fresh,new journey,as i have had a medical change
and i need help.:eek: if no one minds.
i've been unwell for a while on and off,finally went to my local walk in hospital,
with a temp of 105.3 for a few days,dehydration ,lethargy,pains in my legs,headaches,feel like i'v been punched in the back by a horse...yadda yadda.
first dr sends me home with antibiotics,thinks i have gastro-enteritis.
i react to those,so back i go,next dr does a blood glucose test 17.4
she suggests i make appointment at my own GP,as she suspects i am Diabetic :eek:
so stop the antibiotics,and go book a blood test.
fasting blood test reveals i am type 2 diabetic :sigh:
so i am non medicated at present,to be controlled by diet and exercise.
and the low carb woe is the way to go.
umm so here i am,:eek:

Hi Lainey :wavey:

Welcome back although I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed type2. Must have been a bit scary before they figured it out:eek:

The good news (that you know) is that low carb works and some people are never bothered by their type 2 again - it's even reckoned to repair & reverse some of the metabolic syndrome. So go for it & we'll be here to cheer you on:)

Xx

hi katie.
i'm hoping to feel way better than i do at present,and by the time i get to meet my new
diabetic nurse,my blood glucose will be much lower than it is with low carbing.:)
i've cut out rubbish since thursday(that's when i got my results) and already the mist in my eyes seems
to have gotten better.

Hi Lainey,

it is great to have you back although I a sorry for the reasons, just as well they did those tests to find out. Your doing the right thing by getting A hold on the diet to help because some go home with that news and eat more bad foods with worry and stress about getting those results. I am looking forward to following your diary and hope you are back to stay, seeing a lot of the original posters like yourself and kat1e back inspires me.
take care.

Welcome back Lainey, you (and the froggies) have been missed xxx

Sorry to hear about the diabetes but low carb will help you back to feeling much better :)

morning lovelies..
sorry to say i am almost pet less :cry: all i have is a small tank in my kitchen with a few snails.
i guess i've been that unwell i couldn't cope with anything,even my beloved bert has gone to
a new home,but glad to say her new owner loves her to bits(she laid 12 eggs...so i guess he's a she lol)...so it's all good in a sad, happy kind of way.
i am hopeful that my poor feet will improve,i'm a little worried i must say,i thought i had fallen arches due to wearing
flat shoes out and bare feet indoors,like the physiotherapist said it was(went for something else :rolleyes:) but now wonder
if it's diabetes related.
anyhoo if no one minds i might keep a little note of my stuff on here ? levels and food i've eaten,would anyone mind do you think ?

Hi Lainey, welcome back. sorry to hear about your diabetes, but like Katie said it's good to know what it is your dealing with. Atkins will sort you out!

Lol on Bert being a girl. x

hmmm i have some confusion...
low carbing ketones fat loss :D
but now i'm diabetic ketones are not a good thing.:(
would i need to keep carbs up slightly to avoid ketones now :confused:
mehhhh...i don't know
well todays menue and levels
7.45 am 8.8
8.30 scrambled eggs butter,whole meal toast,coffee with milk and sweetener.
10.30 bg 11.1
1.10 befoe lunch 7.0 salad,turkey slices,mayo
3.10 7.2
8.10 before dinner,6.8
salmon,salad,garlic mushrooms(just shrooms in garlic butter yum)mayo
10.20pm 7.7
night all. x

Oh crikey I have no idea about ketones, etc.

I know Linz, who used to be on here, is type 2 and she likes the Low GI/GL woe - have you looked into that?

afternoonie lovlie,i'm going to see if i can find out,there is i think a diabetic section on here,
although,looks like just moths in there :giggle: no ones posted in an age.
might post on another site,see if i can find out.
xx

hmmpffffff 9.8 this morning before anything :mad: however i appear to have lost around 7lb since thursday i think :eek::)
b.coffee,sweetner,milk(should be a dash of cream but i didn't have any.scrambled eggs with butter.
L.home made veg soup ?
D.chicken,shrooms,and veg ?
last night i had some roasted chicken wings,i don't know if this is the cause of this mornings results. mehhhh
but will go out and walk to shops for school shirts,better than going by car,and i'll be pushing a buggy:D
xx

Hey lainey, if you are already 7lb down that's fab:)

The ketones and ketosis from low carb are not the same as the problem with diabetes. Google "difference ketosis ketoacidosis" to find out all about it!

It's proven that a low carb diet can control and reverse type 2 so really hope you go with it and start getting the benefits very soon:)

Ditto to what kat1e said, they are not the same and people say low carb is a great way to keep diabetes under control. Great news on the loss!

Well done on a great loss x and 9.8 is soooo much better than 17.?? Sorry forgot!! It shows with diet you are able to regain some control. Also don't under estimate how ill you can feel with your blood sugars so so high, rest lots and make sure you eat a little and often. Ask to speak to your diabetic nurse re low carb, they can reassure you and explain why it helps x

aww guys i wish i was 9.8.however that's my blood glucose levels.
still that's very good as they were 17.8ish
today i actually weigh in at 11st 7 3/4:)
7.45am 9.3 B.G
8.45am
B.egg bacon brown bread ,butter,sarnie :eek:
10.45 am 10.8 B.G
3.pm 6.8 B.G
L. 3.pm broc and caulie in a stock cube.
5.pm 7.3 B.G
D. caulie,broc,chicken,chicken stock cube,couple of very small new potatoes chopped up.

Back