Rorah's herbivorous kitchen adventures

Rorah

Mooooooo
Totally inspired by Ermintrude's enviable photographic food diary, I thought I'd start my own foray into food photos. The idea is to help me remember the SW friendly meals I like and how to make them, and more importantly, give me a reason to wipe down the surfaces afterwards :D

I don't think I'm a particularly good cook - I'm always a bit too adventurous and I experiment far too much with recipes before I've grasped basics, and I do like to just bung stuff in pans and make my own recipes, with about a 20% success rate :eek:

Brekkie was 3 scan brans with lashings of Philly light, fat free yogurt, an apple and some cherries.

Snack was remaining 2 scan brans with LF onion and chive cottage cheese and then some raspberries.

It's a rare treat I get to actually cook lunch as am usually at work, so lunch today was this concoction, I don't have a name for it (suggestions welcome!):

P1010311.jpg

Makes a massive pot full.

1/2 bag Wholegrain triple rice blend
2 vegetable Oxo cubes
2/3 bag green lentils
1 turnip, diced
3 carrots, diced
1/2 red cabbage, chopped

Boil 1.5L water with Oxo cubes, add rice and put the lid on to simmer for 20 mins. Meanwhile, put the carrot and turnip in a roasting pan, spray with frylight and put in a hot oven.
Add the lentils to the rice, bring back to the boil then simmer for another 15 mins. Add the cabbage and simmer for another 5 mins. Take the carrot and turnip out of the oven, drain the rice/lentils/cabbage and then mix it all together. :)

Verdict: Completely delicious with garlic salt ground over the top, and totally free (I think?). Probably could put a lot more veggies in, like double the amount of carrot and turnip as for the sheer amount of lentils and rice it doesn't seem like very much.

Dinner - couldn't be bothered to cook again so ate some more lentil stuff.

Syns - 1 bottle of wine (25.5 syns - oops!)

Last edited:
Brekkie!! Needs no further explanation -

P1010317.jpg

Followed by snackage!!

P1010326.jpg

Lunch - some more of yesterday's lentil stuff with some butterbeans and a load of salad leaves

Snacks - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, then my 5th scan bran with a bit of philly and a Quorn slice

Syns - 175 ml red wine (6), 125 ml red wine (4.5) Quorn sizzling burger (1)

Last edited:
Hahaha I meant to take a picture of dinner but it looked so nice I just dug in without giving it a second thought!

1 Quorn sizzling burger (1 syn)
Butternut squash, asparagus, sugarsnap peas and tenderstem broccoli, steamed in microwave
Sweet potato, potato, carrot and turnip roasted in one cup of Oxo stock with a big teaspoon of marmite stirred in.

Breakfast - 3 scan brans with philly, strawberries, blueberries
Snacks - Pineapple, strawberries, bananas
Lunch - Salad with Salad Light ceasar dressing, 1 chopped up Quorn sizzling burger (1 syn) and some butterbeans

Back