Rubbish 1st loss, feeling upset and annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5lbs is a lot!! well done, is a take away worth undoing that?? xxx

OMG 2.5 is a great loss. You should be applauding yourself not thinking of undoing all your good work by sulking with a takeaway :/

That's a great weightloss pls don't get disheartened. I'd be delighted if I lost that in a week let alone a week when you are just getting used to the plan. Step a away from the takeaway (unless it's within your syns lol :) ) You are doing great.

2.5lbs is great, don't be disheartened. Just think how that will soon add up! Don't have he take away, keep on plan and preserve - it will pay off.

Good luck!

Only lost 2.5lbs this week. Thought I'd have lost a lot more in the first week. Feel really upset and feel like attacking a takeaway! :(

Here's a well-meaning reality check. I GAINED 2.5lb this week, even though I stuck to the plan. I gained, because I had hurt my back and spent the week sitting on the sofa, with no body magic.

Some weeks you'll do great, other weeks.... blah. But you'll get there, all the same.

Best of luck, and I hope you didn't take offence with my reply, but just wanted to show you things could be worse. Besides, 2.5lb loss is brilliant! :D

Go on ahead and eat your take-away....see how you feel then!! You lost 2 1/2 lbs I don't see what there is to get upset about!! I lost 3 in my first week and was over the moon, are you saying i'm to be disheartened by my loss too :confused:

holiday-dieter said:
Only lost 2.5lbs this week. Thought I'd have lost a lot more in the first week. Feel really upset and feel like attacking a takeaway! :(

Seriously - are you on crack or something? What exactly did you expect from the plan? It's not a magic wand.

I'm considering that you may be on a wind up, and apologise if I am wrong.

Thanks for all the replies! Stuck with my spaghetti bolognase (SW version lol) and feel a lot better. Had a rubbish day at work and didn't really think properly before I typed lol!! :)

(Not on crack by the way!!)

Last edited:
I think people can expect a lot from the first week and the impression is often given that losses will be huge and its not always the case. 2.5lbs is pretty good though and hopefully next week wilbe another good one!
holiday-diete r;4675643 said:
Thanks for all the replies! Stuck with my spaghetti bolognase (SW version lol) and feel a lot better. Had a rubbish day at work and didn't really think properly before I typed lol!! :)
Well Done on sticking on track thats what will get you good losses and to target not huge figures on the scales the first week x

I only lost 1lb this week after losing 4lb then 4.5lb and i was gutted..... until i saw a picture of what 1lb of fat looks like and i soon felt alot better! I've also chosen a dress i love BUT can only buy it once i've reached target - its a great incentive and it will come off - better than doing a fad diet and losing 1 stone and putting on 2 xx

Best thing is to set yourself a pound a week, weight loss isn't a short term thing, if not it will come and bite u on the bum!

Takeaways are fine..... In moderation.

I'll promise to not pie out when I feel poo if you don't to :) ! In no it ain't easy! Xxx

Well done in losing 2.5lbs. it is excellent achievement. It is your first week and your body needs to adjust to the plan and it would take a couple of weeks to start working and burning up.

One thing I can say is the more you eat of superfree food and drinking a lot of fluid (preferably water) will make your body work harder and flush out toxins.

Please do not give up, stick with it and you can see it coming off. As they say Rome was not built in a day - same goes with losing weight, small losses make big stones.

Good luck and take care.

2.5 is a good loss hun and well done on making a healthy choice last nite instead of opting for the takeaway... i think we have all done diets where we have dropped half a stome in the first week and then we expect that loss every time we restart a diet when in reality a lot of the changes we made the first time are still present into our day to day lives , like lowfat milk low fat spreads ect .

Dont feel bad for feeling a bit dissipointed with that loss either sometimes it can feel dissapointing but try and look at it logically what you have lost this time is fat when we have those big 7lb losses its mainly water .

well done and give your self a pat on the back

2.5lbs is a huge amount if you think about it. In a single month you would have lost 10lbs if you continued the trend, that's 2/3 of a stone right there - a potential of a 60lb loss over a 6 month period - just imagine how great you will look come the Autumn :)

Let's all try to get rid of the saying..'I only lost xxx' :nono: Whether it's a half pound or a half stone, every loss is good isn't it? :confused:

Isn't that the reason we're all here and going to or following weight loss programmes...to lose? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back