1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If your a First time customer with SnS sign up and save 10% with "FTC-MINIMINS"
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Rubbish weight loss?

Discussion in 'Slim And Save' started by soon2bslimxx, 9 January 2014 Social URL.

1. soon2bslimxx

soon2bslimxx Well-Known Member

Hi :) I was just curious to see if anyone else had a rubbish weight loss in their first week and struggled to get into ketosis?

This is day 7 for me, and apart from a minor hiccup (a slight amount of grated cheese) I have stuck to plan!

I have lost a measly 5 pounds, if that at all. Due to last week weighing in on the evening and the 5 pounds is going off my morning weight. Last night i was 4 pounds heavier than this morning so that would have meant a 1 pound loss!

Anyway after buying some ketostix I discovered I am NOT in ketosis :-/

I have tweaked my plan to trial for a week, having no bars, no skimmed milk, no coke zero and only 1 meal pack and 3 shakes.

Has anyone else not really lost much?! If anything?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. dropandgimme85

dropandgimme85 @dropandgimme85

What is your starting weight?

4. soon2bslimxx

14 stones 4.... I'm 5ft 6 so want to get down to 9 stone 7. I would understand if I only had a stone to lose :-/

5. Slinkyson

Slinkyson Well-Known Member

In the past I've had a rubbish starting weight but this time not so shabby!

I lost 2lbs in my first week 2 years ago but then lost 13 in my second week so I wouldn't worry! I wasn't in ketosis either! The only thing I could put it down too was I wasn't drinking enough which is always my problem I get sick if peeing all the time ha! I know it's annoying especially when you see others losing loads but stick with it it will happen I bet you do what I did and have a whopping loss next we :) im a similar weight and want to get down to 10.7 Ish for may so will find your diary and try help to keep you going :)

6. dropandgimme85

dropandgimme85 @dropandgimme85

Alrighty, I understand your frustration but hopefully you lose more next week. 5lbs is a good loss though but I understand most lose more than that. Also, be sure to drink your water. Good luck. :)

7. Fay737731

Fay737731 Well-Known Member

I haven't started this diet yet but if it is anything like Cambridge then some of the meals and bars have more carbs in then just the shakes. I try and avoid these types of things for the first 2 weeks as recommended by my Cambridge consultant. Though like I said, I only have Cambridge experience at the moment.

8. emilyj

emilyj Well-Known Member

I lost 7.5lbs this week (my first week) and I feel the same as you, just feel a bit pants, I am wondering if I shout up my water? will just have to see what week two gets rid of.x

9. sliminside

sliminside Focused on the Goal

UUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM HELLOOOOOOO 5LBS!!!!!! in 1 WEEK!!!!!!! that is bloody fantastic if you ask me, what diet do you know where you can lose 5lb in one week?? do not see it as a bad thing, every pound you lose adds up...keep going and don't be discourage....try and up your water and stick with it x

10. soon2bslimxx

Yeh see what you mean... But my start weight was an evening weight and the 5 pounds was going off a morning weight and I usually weigh 4 pounds heavier on an evening which would be a 1 pound loss... I'm Going to stick with it, next week will be MY WEEK :) x x