Original Rude

slimming lizard

Have had a good day , but have come up against something I never experienced before . My husband being very rude to me and shouting at me that I need to lose weight .
He was very cruel and compared me to a neighbor who is at least 7 stone heavier than me .
Feel so sad and teary and want to ring my sister but also I think he is right I need to lose weight . But I am.
Just feel so , sad :(

OMG - the one person you would really want / expect to support you as well. . You haven't published your stats so it's hard to comment on whether or not you do need to lose anything / much but basically it's your choice, not his. . I'm guessing he must be an adonis then - he'd certainly be a t*atted adonis if he was mine!

I need to lose 3 stone, he just said it out the blue and then walked out the house . Just so cruel. Will feel stronger tomoro , it has just stung me :( thanks for replying

He made a few comments in the past but nothing that hurt me .
Tonight he just said it like a stranger .
Don't know how I feel now . I know I have weight to lose and I eat very sensibly , weight is coming off a 1lb a week , and I was , until tonight, happy with my progress .
Actually now I feel angry , but glad I can post a message here and get some kindness back x

It's easy for us to be judgmental about your husband, and although it was horrible for him to say what he did- talk to him and ask him why he said what he did.. He will need to do some major making upto u.

Hi Slimming Lizard. I can't imagine how that would feel, but don't let him get you down. You are losing weight and you are doing it for you - for your health and happiness. Stay focused on that and think about all the good things that are about to happen to you.

I have just lost 3 stone and I have a new wardrobe to fit my new body, a new haircut and I'm fit and healthy. I love eating healthy food now and I love to exercise. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and hopefully it won't take long for your husband to realise what a mistake he made saying those things.

Perhaps he has had a bad day and for some reason took it out on you. I'm sure you will be able to talk about it rationally with him when you have both calmed down, but in the meantime don't turn to food for comfort. If you can a walk or other exercise may make you feel better - it certainly helps to clear my head and calm me down.

Good luck, stay strong and keep going :)

1lb a week is a fab loss. Well done. A far as your OH is concerned have you spoken to him about your loss?
I've had real heart to hearts with my OH in the past about losing weight and how I feel being overweight and it means that if I have a bad food day or tell him I can't be bothered he 'helps' by pointing out that I need to lose weight and haven't exactly shed the pounds recently. This almost always causes an argument with me telling him he's an a hole and him asking what he could possibly have said wrong.

I think men were born with far less tact than us ladies and think that the way to inspire someone is to point out the negative.

i thought when two people were in a loving relationship support and understanding were all part of it. my partner has been fantastic but had he not he knows where the door is and id b sure it did whack him round the head on his way out!! sounds t me like maybe he sees your weight as something which easily upsets u. maybe there's more going on there. maybe sit down n have a talk about it. its not nice when people say cruel things especially when its from those who are ment t love and protect us. rise above it loose the weight at your own pace n if he carries on being horrible to u maybe he wants u t fail which should make u more determined t prove him wrong. good luck!!

slimming lizard said:
He made a few comments in the past but nothing that hurt me .
Tonight he just said it like a stranger .
Don't know how I feel now . I know I have weight to lose and I eat very sensibly , weight is coming off a 1lb a week , and I was , until tonight, happy with my progress .
Actually now I feel angry , but glad I can post a message here and get some kindness back x

Keep hold of the fact that you ARE losing, a lb a week is fine, even if it isn't up to his standards. Does he know you are losing weight and these comments just aren't going to do anything to help you?

As a man may i please offer you an apology sometimes we are so stupid and tactless. Also be assured as everyone has allready stated your weight loss is going great. I hope you start getting his support and understanding real soon keep your chin up.

I do hope you manage to talk things through with him, he needs to understand how he made you feel by his unjust comments. Losing 1lb a week is excellent progress. I only lose 1lb a week , the most I've lost in a week was only 2lb (once) and yet I am now 2 1/2 st lighter! Don't give up , you can and will do it and then he will have to eat his wordsa good luck. X

Get a bit of that myself from my OH as he is slim, always has been, and thinks that it's very simple to lose weight and does not understand my situation at all. I just know now we can't talk about it as he'll never understand. Keep your chin up, just realise you can rise above it and the reward in getting to goal will be yours and yours alone. You're doing great don't let him scupper your brill efforts.

You can (and are) doing something about your weight. He can never do anything to change his rude, spiteful attitude!

You are doing really well, and have a good right to be happy with your progress, well done! Don't let his idiocy knock you down - you can do this!

I cant really say anything different to everyone else! But you really are doing great :) Speak to your fella, maybe he had a bad day? Its still no excuse and he owes you an apology and some making up! Dont let it get you down and dont let it put you off track!

Being angry is good - better than being upset. Focus on that. Because whether he is right or wrong it what he was saying, it is NEVER acceptable to shout at someone, NEVER acceptable to be rude, NEVER acceptable to upset someone. So you tell him that, calmly and quietly, and make it clear you expect not only an apology, but a promise that it won't happen again.

hi S.L,
im really sorry to read this,i know nothing stings me more than an adverse comment about the thing that bothers me most about myself.i hate to say it but men generally are a lot more blunt .Im sure it makes you think whats the point,stuff it.please dont,you are doing so well.
best wishes daisy

Back