Rugby

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by RugbyGirl, 8 April 2009 Social URL.

1. RugbyGirl

RugbyGirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    I'm an avid rugby player, I train twice a week and play on a sunday. I am currently on the Cambridge diet (Day6), I tried to train and nearly passed out! I don't want to have to sacrifice the ruggers for the sake of a diet. Will this always be the case or will my body get used to the lack of calories?

Carmen

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I did a VLCD and reckon that by about day 8, I was feeling absolutely fine energy wise but didn't do very much exercise at all.

I would reckon that the lack of carbs with that kind of intense exercise might be what's doing it...not sure though - maybe ask your GP?

4. Weightless

Weightless Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.78%)
    Is it possible that you were training too hard? It may also take a while for your body to adapt to a new diet. If it really becomes a problem for you then try a new diet as your overall health and enjoyment should be more important that following one particular diet when there are many more available.

5. chipstick87

chipstick87 Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you on three packs or four? I would say go up to four packs if on three as you'll need the extra munch because of all the exercise. Obviously check it out with your CDC though. I was doing training last year when on CD and had to up my packet intake and still lost weight so I know what you're going through!

As *above* though it may be because you're at the beginning of SS. Wait a couple of days an your should get the energy boost once you're in ketosis properly :)

hope this helps xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.