Step 1 Sole Source Run the inches off!!

xamybopx

Hi everybody,

I am doing SS and have recently started running.. it is all pretty new to me and wondered if anybody else also ran so we can spur each other on?

I have a number of friends who run but don't like to compare myself to them because a) they have been running for years and b) they swear by eating lots of carbs before a run!!

Be great to share any tips xx

Me, I started SS 3 months ago, started running, I managed 45 seconds with a sore back and seriously sore knees... Today, I decided to run my first 10k, and did it, without walking, without stopping and in under 55 minutes! Do it, its the best thing ive done!

Bayboy said:
Me, I started SS 3 months ago, started running, I managed 45 seconds with a sore back and seriously sore knees... Today, I decided to run my first 10k, and did it, without walking, without stopping and in under 55 minutes! Do it, its the best thing ive done!

Wow that's amazing! I have been managing run 90sec, walk 60sec alternates for 2.5miles but plan to up the distance and time next week.

I'm really hoping to do a half marathon for charity, it is in September of next year, do you think that's do-able?

Wow that's amazing! I have been managing run 90sec, walk 60sec alternates for 2.5miles but plan to up the distance and time next week.

I'm really hoping to do a half marathon for charity, it is in September of next year, do you think that's do-able?

Well done on the running. I started by doing exactly that, and the more weight that i lost the faster and longer i could run. If you had asked me about the half marathon before i started cambridge, i would have said no, but now i say YES totally achievable.

Just keep loosing, keep running and you will get there.

Top tip: Run off road, cross country, in the woods, across fields you get muddy, wet but its SO SO SO SO much better for you! (and i much prefer it to be honest) It builds better muscles in the legs, just take it easy on the super rough bits and dont slip up

Hi guys,

Back in my lighter (younger days) I used to run doe miles - I really miss it so have been thinking of starting up again on Monday. I've downloaded the Couch to 5k podcast so going to start with that. How do you all feel after a run? Do the low calories make you feel worse/light headed after your run or are you ok?

I love running, it's like therapy I think ! Keep it up xx

Hello thisisme..

Sorry I have been offline Dec and Jan..

I always felt fine after a run, although my only advice would be to wait a few weeks into the diet before you begin or you are more likely to feel light headed and sick..

I used Couch to 5k and I am now at the 5k stage, although taking 2 weeks off running whilst I get used to Cambridge again.

Good Luck :)
Amy xx

Hi Kimboowee,

I found it an amazing training tool.. If you have a MP3 player or iPod/iPhone you can download podcasts with the timings on or an app for the iPod or phone .. Let me know how you get on

Amy xx

Thanks for the tip. Downloading the podcasts now

Back