Cruise PP Runnerbean's flab to fab!

RunnerBean

Hey guys,

I was on this diet for around a month last year, lost loads of weight then had a lot of things going on in my personal life so completely fell off the wagon. (No excuse I know!) But I am back, and ready to go the long haul this time.
Today is day 5 of a 5 day attack (Dr D reckons I should do 6 days but I think that's a little overkill). So far I've lost 2.7kgs, although won't be able to weigh myself tomorrow to get a final attack weigh in, but not to worry, I've still exceeded the website's timeline so far!

I've been trying to give myself a little reward when I'm finding it tough, for example a magazine to go and sit in the sun with. Today was to sit in the sun with a pepsi max and the dukan book to read through again. Weather is glorious in London at the minute :D

I nearly ate a rhubarb and custard sweet earlier, but managed to avoid (although rhubarb's allowed right? :p) Very nearly crossed my lips!

Staying at my parents this weekend, and that house is my ultimate danger zone, but I'm going to arm myself with lots of snacks and hopefully I'll be ok! Wish me luck! :)

Last edited:
Welcome Runnerbean!

I'm in London too - the weather really is gorgeous today isn't it - you talking of a pepsi is really making me want to have a cold diet coke outside a nice pub!

good luck for the weekend. This plan obviously works really well for you given your loss already, and your attempt last year, so let that encourage you to stick to it! And of course you'll be allowed veggies now, which makes it a whole lot easier :)

x

Hi Runnerbean and welcome! I'm another Londoner - reckon I got some colour on my arms this afternoon in the park with my youngest and her friend!

I love your thread title, and your ticker too! My children (4 of them) all play the violin and i originally chose the stave and a quaver note but when I pasted it onto my signature it converted to a hot air balloon?! So I settled for the runner - didn't think of putting her on the stave though!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

I wrote a lovely long post repling to you both, and then accidently closed the tab! So it's taken me a few days to stop being angry at my computer to reply again! Flicka, London is lovely at the moment isn't it! I'm enjoying going for a walk on my lunchbreaks along the river. I usually go to the gym at lunchtimes but haven't really shaken the lightheadedness just yet (I think it's more related to the fact I'm not sleeping at all at the minute as I'm eating loads, a lot more than I did first time round) so I'm making the most of the weather by getting outside instead of beating myself up for not gymming it! :) Sarafvrm, that's lovely that your kids all play! I'm one of 5 girls, and growing up we all played a different instrument. I'm a flute/saxophone/clarinet player although I'm having to work a day job at the minute and picking up gigs where I can. I'm hoping to put my app in again to be an army musician once my confidence increases again. :) (I love running, but also like eating and drinking.... although have lost the motivation for it at the minute, but with a half marathon looming, I hope it reappears soon!)

So I got through the weekend and was a rewarded a 1.2kg loss over those 3 days (which was last day of attack then one of each cruise day.) I'd forgotten what feeders my family are, fruit pastilles and lemon meringue pie were the main temptations, but I managed to hold off and was rewarded. :)

I haven't lost since I got back though, but I'm fine with that as I know I'm doing the diet correctly and it's probably my body just catching up with attack. Usually my motivation would completely wane at this point, but I seem to be ok with it for now. I think it's because I really have lost most of my appetite, I have to force myself to have my oatbran after dinner now, I have it like a dessert (either sweet pancake or with jelly and yogurt) but I really feel like I don't need it. It's only because the oatbran is compulsory that I have it! This has never happened before, I've always had a massive appetite, so I'm quite excited to now be able to recognise whether it's hunger or not. I'm also learning to recognise whether I am actually wanting to eat something, or whether it's because someone has shoved it in my face, usually it's the latter so I'm learning to say no to food.

Today's menu is:
scrambled egg (1 full egg, 2 egg whites) and smoked salmon for breakfast. I find smoked salmon really leaves me satisfied for ages as it's such a strong flavour, so I haven't need my snack that I brought in.
Lunch- tinned sardines in tom sauce, tomato and cucumber salad.
Snack later- 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 celery sticks
Dinner- burgers made with mince and onion. Then I put them in a big lettuce leaf with tomato and gherkin slices and wrap them up. This is one of those recipes that I'll eat even when I'm not dieting! I make a garlic mayo for them with some quark and pureed garlic/smashed and chopped garlic.
Afters will be, lemon and sweetener galette, and maybe jelly if I feel like a pig. :D

Hi Runnerbean! I've been useless the last few days to, but I'm also back now. What a lovely post. I can't tell you how much the sun lifts my mood. I play the clarinet too, you know! It's a great instrument :) (I also LOVE lemon meringue pie...sounds like we have a bit in common!!)

Well done for that loss over 3 days - and you're totally right not to be disheartened with the initial stall now - that's exactly what happened to me, for about a week and a half after attack, then it all came off and I'm hoping it's picked up now! If you're doing the diet correctly, it'll work :) Definitely going to try burgers like that soon - I love that kind of thing!!

xx

Yeah we do Flicka! I feel so unfit not going to the gym on my lunchbreaks but you've got to make the most of the sun while it's here! I haven't had the energy anyway to be honest, and still don't. I really hope it comes back by tomorow as I have a personal training session (which I cancelled from last week) and don't want to cancel again! (It's a free one from the personal trainer harrassing me at the gym, I feel obliged to go even though I have no intention of signing up for more, but they might leave me to complete my workout in peace if I do one!)

Not sure why I allowed myself to weigh this morning, my official weigh in is Friday and I had a PV day yesterday to add to it, but today I'm still the same weight. So 3 days of the same weight, the start of those 3 days was a 0.4kg gain. Hoping that one of these days soon, something will suddenly
fall off! Still, I'm still lighter than this time a week ago, so will definitely show a loss for the week (the weekend's loss) which I really can't complain about!

Menu today:

B- 2 boiled eggs and cup of tea.
I've already had another cup of tea at work!
L- pack of sliced chicken (I would have made a proper lunch but realised that I have a pack and a half at work (bought for snacks) to use up so thought I'd devour a pack for lunch.
S- 2 chicken drumsticks
D- Baked Salmon and a (dry) fried egg. Galette and jelly.

(Some may note that I don't put my water intake on here, I drink around 3/4 litres a day constantly. I think because of my (usual) exercise it's ingrained in me to always drink so I don't really see the benefit of putting it on here when I know that I'm over already!)

Good luck today to everyone that might be reading this. :)

Golly Runnerbean, you don't sound unfit to me! Very active....even if you're just walking everywhere, remember it all adds up. I hope you're energy levels come back soon though. I felt a bit drained for the first week or so, but then I got a sort of second wind -even a buzz maybe?- and I'm generally much less tired now than I was before ( and I had been getting tired all the time recently, before I started this - falling asleep in the afternoons, which I've never done before in my life, and then disrupting my nighttime sleep....) But this seems to be better now too.

I hope they stop hassling you at the gym! I know they can be persistent - I used to get calls almost every day from a gym trying to get me to have a free session in my work lunchtime - it was actually infuriating!!! :)

x

I'm usually fairly fit, but I love my food and alcohol too so was never a skinny minnie! Even walking up the stairs at the minute is effort, but I'm persevering, making sure I get those walks in. It's just since a got the flu at Christmas that just completely knocked me out that I've kinda let up a bit on it, I think knowing that I'll be put back to square one has made me not want to start! But I've got some races in the summer, and a half marathon in October so I need to get back on it as soon as possible! It might even be that the fact that I'm not exercising is putting me in a catch 22 cycle, exercise gives me energy but I have no energy to exercise, so it might actually break that cycle and make me feel more myself again! I'm actually thinking of quitting this gym because of the hounding! I'm getting sick of not being able to complete my workout because a personal trainer won't stop talking to me and trying to convince me to take on their sessions, so I've booked a session with 2 of the more persistant ones and hopefully they'll realise that they'll get no more business out of me and leave me alone!

I've just signed up to a beginners rowing course at the local rowing club (I live near the Thames) which I'm really excited about as I've always wanted to get into it but wasn't sure how, if they allow me to join the club fully afterwards then it'll improve my upper body/cardio fitness no end! I do a lot of running/gym on my own so it'll be nice to be part of a team and have the social side, and most importantly to improve my confidence! I can swim, but the thought of ending up in the thames is still pretty terrifying!

Nearly had a wobbly last night, don't know why but was feeling a little sorry for myself and was in a massively snacky mood. Had an extra portion of yogurt with sweetener, then an early night so I didn't eat any more! Was rewarded with a loss on the scales, only teeny, like half a lb, but it was enough to restore my faith again! :) (Also gives me a 1.5kg loss for the week which is nearly solely down to last weekend.)

Afternoon! Yes, I actually used to row a bit - I found it great fun, and a nice team atmosphere within the boat (it wasn't too competitive - just for fun really). Something about being on the water early in the mornings was just lovely. And it is such good exercise - the set pieces were all right but the races were just KNACKERING!!! I'm crap at running though - I never really go by myself. I love exercise, but I'm more of a team sports person - I like playing a game and having a point, and the exercise sort of being a bi-product, though I do tend to really go for it, but generally I get a lot less exercise now than I did at school and university because I need other people for teams!! I really like netball, so I need to find a team to play with in London. I also need to get cycling around, because I do like that.

Well done for resisting the temptations last night! It's always worth it :) I have a night out tomorrow which I have to go to....I'm nervous about not drinking as this will be my biggest temptation so far. It's that sort of night! But fingers crossed!! x

I'm the same to be honest Flicka, give me a ball to chase and I'll be happy! I used to love basketball, but am useless at it now! So thought I'd try my hand at something new, I'm really competitive so it'll suit my nature to the T if I eventually get to that level!

Having looked at my stats, I've basically lost and gained the same pound for about a week now. I know that it's just my body catching up and it should get moving again soon, but still, mega frustrating!

Am exceptionally clumsy this morning, have spilt the same cup of coffee about 5 times. This bodes well for the second of the PT sesisons I've been coerced into later on!

Going to Devon at the weekend, can't wait, it's almost the only thing keeping me on the diet at the minute with all these stalls!

Going to admit to a little cheat here, even though it's a PP day I just had a salad for lunch. PP days are HARD when you're not losing! I think it's done the trick though, very flavourful and was enough to bring my motivation back. I'm going to think of it less as a cheat and more of a switching my PP days around! :)

Back