Running buddy

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Stephielou87, 23 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

I'm looking for a running buddy to go running about 4-6 times a week. I live in kent if anyone is interested. I have to go running either 5:30am or after 6pm due to my fiancé working and my baby. Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. RunnerBean

RunnerBean Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hey, I'm not in the area but I do wish you luck in finding someone. The women's running magazine forum also has a running buddy section

My question for you is do you currently run? If not, going straight into running 6 times a week is a sure way to fast track you to an injury. I would recommend 3x per week to start with. If you add an extra session during a week then don't increase the mileage that week. I'd recommend getting some running shoes fitted too. If you are new to running, them make sure you check out a programme called 'couch to 5k'. It's brilliant for building up your running technique.
  4. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

Thank you for that. I have running shoes fitted I am currently doing zumba daily and cycling 10 minutes a day. I want to up my exercise alot maybe I'll try 3 times a week first. I heard running is the best way to lose the jelly belly!! Plus I want to run a 5k next June x

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.