Running with Scissors - one day at a time.

Hi if anyone is reading. Thought I'd better make myself some sort of diary to track my progress and see where (if) I go wrong! Any suggestions, advice would be appreciated!

I joined Slimming world on 16th May 2012 and started the plan on Thursday (already had stuff in for tea on weds! :eek: )

So, week one.

Wednesday 16th May weight 16st 04lb
Doesn't matter as I hadn't started, but for documentations sake, tea was smoked mackerel, peas, mushroom, brown rice and egg all mixed together.

Thursday 17th May

Breakfast

2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB)
2 eggs (scrambled) with too many herbs, lid came off and about a heaped tablespoon landed in my eggs!)

Lunch
Half a large jacket potato
One Linda M vegetarian sausage (2 syns)
One quorn sausage (1 syn) (was taste testing!)
Half a tin of baked beans

Dinner
Tagliatelle pasta with tuna and sauce (made from tinned tomatoes, passata, kidney beans, blackeye beans, garlic, onion and mushrooms)
Apple, strawberries, banana and a mullerlight yogurt.

Snacks
350mls skimmed milk (HEA)
Celery
cherry tomatoes
cucumber
baby spinach
Tatziki dip (1 syn)
olive oil spray (0.5 syn)
extra strong mint (0.5 syn) !!
Alpen bar (6 syns)

Syns = 11

Friday 18th May

Breakfast
35g All bran (HEB)
Mullerlight yogurt
banana

Lunch
Jacket potato
Turkey
salad
kraft french salad dressing

Dinner
Wholewheat pasta with tuna and sauce (same as Thursday)

Snacks
Curly wurly (6 syns)
350mls skimmed milk (HEA)

Syns = 6

Saturday 19th May

Breakfast
35g All bran (HEB)
milk from HEA

Lunch
Jacket potato, turkey, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and bisto gravy (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Tuna and sauce (all gone now) same as thursday
Apple, banana and strawberries with muller light yogurt

snacks
baby spinach
carrots
celery
tomato
beetroot
tzatziki dip (1.5 syns)
Small milky way bar (6 syns)
peppermint (0.5 syns)

syns = 9

I'll do todays later on tonight, cos I haven't finished for the day yet! :drool:

Sunday 20th May 2012

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast
mushrooms
extra light philadelphia (2 syns)

Lunch
jacket potato
steamed pollack
mixed veg (frozen)

Dinner
tagliatelle
topping made of passata, bacon, onions, mushrooms and haricot beans
muller light yogurt
apple
banana

syns = 2

I've just realised that I need to plan my meals better. It was 8pm after a put my daughter to bed and I was starving, but didn't have anything quick so I forced myself to make dinner, from scratch, rather than go for something like marmite and toast which I might have done in the past.
:rolleyes:

Hello! Well done for today :happy096: It would have been easy to make something quick and unhealthy and you persevered. Thanks for your reply on my profile. I'll follow your thread (if you don't mind?) and see some successes :clap: x

Yay Kate, thanks! I was proud of myself too because I really couldn't be arsed to make something but I did. I propped my iPad on the windowsill and rewatched an episode of Lost on netflix! (they've just discovered Desmond in the hatch) Anything to make working in the kitchen for half an hour more bearable. ;) (I don't think I've ever winked at someone in real life!)

I'll subscribe to yours too, at least there can be someone checking up between weigh-ins!

I've just seen that I can edit posts so I will bung my breakie on here and come back later to update the rest.

I've also had a bit of a think, I was reading someones diary about how they were kinda scared to lose weight because of all the attention, particularly from males. I think some part of me is scared to lose weight in case I die in an accident or something. "oh she lost all that weight and then died, poor thing'... crazy, right? I suppose I'm a bit of a believer in sods law. I can't really explain my thoughts about this, it's more of a feeling. I might have jinxed myself just by writing it down. "oh, she said she was scared of dying early and she did, she must have known"

I'm not mental, really. Just trying to be true to myself.

Anyway, day 5.

Breakfast

Thought I'd finally do a SW fry up! I've been avoiding it for 4 days but I was ravenous this morning.

Bacon medallions
1 quorn sausage (1 syn)
baked beans
2 pulpy mess eggs
mushrooms <3

Please please please can someone tell me how they fry eggs in fry light? I used non stick pan etc but they just turned into some kind of eggy roadkill. :confused:

Laura x

Update:

Well, that breakfast kept me going until 5pm when I snacked (LOL) on crudités and extra light philly dip. Loads of super free and 1.5 syn for the philly.

Dinner/tea

2 slices wholewheat toast (HEB)
MORE mushrooms
extra light philly (HEA)
MORE eggs (slightly more successful this time, not great though, less 'roadkill' and more egg shaped than before)

Can I do that? I've counted one (not measured) around 30g scoop of philly as part of my HEA and milk in my coffee as HEA also (seeing as the book says 2 x 35 philly count as HEA grab and go) Are we allowed to do half and half milk and cheese.

Pudding will probably be.... *drumroll*.... a mullerlight and fruit but I don't want it yet as I'm stuffed.

Have I eaten enough? Have I eaten too much? Bring on the weigh in so I can see if I'm doing this right! :eek:

Last edited:
Lol eggy roadkill :D I'm not an expert but I was told to never cook fried eggs on too high a heat, spray the pan loads with Fry Light and put the egg in and leave it until it starts cooking and is pretty much done. Then I flip mine because I get scared the other side won't cook but then this runs the risk of breaking the yolk......

Well done for the brekkie, have a good day x

Morning Kate and thank you so much. I put the eggs in the frying pan right after the mushrooms so it was probably damn near red hot!

I'll try again tomorrow! (maybe not the full fry up though, no point in going silly)

Have a good day too! :cross:

Adios muffin top. Even with my jeans belt done up (admittedly on the first notch) I can see smoother lines.

First weigh day tomorrow, eek! Have been weighing myself every day (I know, I know!) and had been losing but put on a pound today.

Here's hoping for an almighty poo in the morning. (sorry)

Breakfast
35g all bran (HEB)
skimmed milk (HEA)(oops forgot the superfree)

Lunch
Brown rice
grilled chicken
mixed veg
Gravy (3 syns)

Snacks
Müllerlight yogurt (shocker!)
Cadburys chocolate brunch bar :bliss: (8 syns)
Apple
1 extra strong mint (0.5 syns) !!

Dinner/tea depending on where you're from!
Jacket potato (although my daughter begged a third of it, hers was with butter and cheese, I resisted!)
Steamed pollack
Steamed frozen vegetables

Syns = 11.5

Last edited:
Yay, I lost 4 lbs! :clap:

Missed breakfast because of WI so had a treat brunch of:

2 slices wholemeal toast
half a tin of beans
2 rashers weightwatchers bacon
2 fried eggs (I still can't do these properly! How many squirts of fry light do people use??)

I'm going to try and make the super speed soup for the rest of the week, at least part of it, anyway. Cost me lots of cash to buy the ingredients so I'm gonna have to eat it all up regardless of how it turns out!

I spray about 4 times, heat the frying pan up and spray again with another couple, if it hisses when it hits the pan then i dump the eggs in.

And well done with the loss :D

Thanks for replying Ally, I'm doing it so wrong then cos I spray many many more times than that! I think I'd be better off using olive oil and just synning it!

Thats what I do and it works for me, just keep practising :)

Well done!!! :woohoo: x

Wow that's a great loss congrats! You're obviously doing it right anyway, i'm trying hard to stay off the scales til monday but not sure i can resist!

Thanks Ria, I'm trying to keep off the scales but failing miserably! Maybe when I'm used to the 'life style change', but right now...

Well, I made the super speed soup this afternoon. I couldn't face adding a tin of baked beans, just sounded wrong, so I replaced them with Haricot beans. Essentially the same bean but without the tomato sauce.

super speed soup.jpg

And it was nice! Not the best, granted, but it was certainly edible and I have loads to freeze too. :D

Thursday 24th May

Breakfast:
Half a cantaloupe melon with müllerlight yogurt. (This was great coz the melon served as a bowl, less washing up!)

Snack
McVities Medley caramel cereal bar thing. <3

Lunch
Superspeed soup with George Forman'd chicken on top.

Early evening
2 wholewheat toast (HEB)
Mushrooms
35g extra light philadelphia (I adore the mushrooms with some philly mixed in the frying pan!)

Late evening
More soup with George Forman'd chicken
Melon slices

Syns: 10.5 (Including an extra strong mint and one Haribo Maoam stripe that I found in my bag) :eek:

I'm glad I'm writing this down as I can now see that I've not had enough of my HEA, just a couple of splashes in my coffees. Gonna rectify that with a small glass of skimmed milk in a minute, before bed. (wooo go me)

xx

The soup looks good! I need to eat up my pea soup, I think I'll have it tomorrow lunchtime. x

Back