Sad Day at Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
I've just had to do the most upsetting thing I've ever had to do.

My daughter went on holiday last Wednesday, on Thursday morning our cat, Mike, was run over. Mike was so loveable, cheeky, happy, he'd come when called, sit on your knee for a stroke, give paw when he was offered a treat, such a wonderful member of our family.

I was so upset last Thursday I just kept crying at work, in fact it's taken this long for me to be able to tell you all.

Last night I couldn't stop crying know I had to tell Lydia the sad news.

Anyway our daughter returned from holiday tonight & I've just had to give her the news. Needless to say she is heartbroken, we both feel like we have a hole in our hearts, a part of our family is gone. I think I can see & hear him.

When we don't hurt as much we're going to get a nice photo of him put up in the stairwell so we can see him every morning when we get up.

Sending you all big hugs. Pets become such a huge part of our families. I have lost 3 cats on the road and 2 of natural causes and it is heartbreaking each time. Each one had his/her own little personality and brought so much to our lives, as I'm sure Mike did for you.

The pain will ease with time but you will never forget him and you won't want to either. You'll always remember his little ways and mannerisms and one day you'll remember them with a smile rather than tears.
xx

ooh, so sorry to hear that, we lost one of ours, Dobby a few years ago when we were on holiday.

A photo sounds like a nice idea, and I hope that you and your daughter can come to terms with his loss in time.

hugs

My heart goes out to you. I've got a little cat that I adore and would be devastated to lose her. They really are an extra member of the family. Take comfort in the good memories you have of Mike and the knowledge that he was so well loved and cared for. (((Big hugs))) x

I am so sorry about that. I have tears in my eyes. I know only to well what the loss of an animal means.

It must have been dreadful for you telling your daughter.

We have to grieve for our animals in the same way we would a person Often they are more important in our lives than some people. I know mine are.

big hugs xxxxx

So sorry HH, it is so hard to lose them, and then to have to go through it all again with your daughter. The photo idea sounds lovely.

Pets really are the family members we get to choose xxx

Thank you all for your lovely messages, it means so much to us both knowing there are others who know how we feel.

Lydia works with a group of Mormons, & today a guy said to her, they believe if you have been good in an earlier life God takes you to be with him sooner rather than later, that is why Mike went so soon, he was good in an earlier life. This made Lydia feel a lot better knowing Mike is now with God & why he was taken from us at such a young age.

Back