Saggy Skin

Dukan2013

My biggest fear about loosing weight is being left with too much skin. Iv just done my measurements in front of a mirror and have noticed that my skin seems a little loose! How have you guys got on with this??? Although I can see the advantages of being able to tuck my nipples in to my trousers to keep them warm I would like to do everything possible to prevent it so any tips would be great fully received!

Ultimately if you're losing a lot of weight, you're going to have the extra skin. You can help this by using coco butter body creams/oils and toning your body at the gym with weights.

Exactly what Alcofrollic said! Free weights are amazing for toning and firming up your body and I found Bio-Oil to be helpful as well. Stimulating blood flow in problem areas by deeply massaging and kneading them for several minutes is great too. That's pretty much what all firming creams have in common; is that the instructions will tell you to massage the cream/oil into the area, either in circular motions or long upwards strokes. I used a combo of all of these and I haven't had any problems with my skin yet :)

I think it'll depend on your age, and amount of weight loss, but yes do everything you can to massage yourself etc (without necessarily investing in pricey creams). Yes I do have saggy skin - a reminder perhaps of where I came from!

Can't recommend the gym combined with diet as the best way to combat loose skin - for me though even with toning and exercise the amount of loose skin I had was huge and I finally had enough money to have it removed and I can't say how happy I am - I still don't have a flat tummy but I don't have a huge apron of skin anymore!!! At your start weight I would have thought with toning and bio oil etc it would be kept to a minimum..... As for the boobs - hmmm not found a solution for that one other than a good bra!!! LOL!

Thanks trudy I'm hoping it will ping back in to place but I def think you have the right idea, I may start saving up as a contingency! Congratulations on your loss by the way you look fantastic! It's reading the stories of the people that have succeeded and look so fab that keeps me going! X

I lost a lot of weight and I have been really lucky my skin has adjusted fine - I think it must depend on the individual and I've just been lucky - although I would say when I first lost all the weight I was quite worried as I had a lot of saggy skin but you must lose weight faster than your skin can adjust as its now sorted itself out and looks fine xxx

and, Scooter, that's why when I first lost my weight back in 2003, when I saw a plastic surgeon, they said they wouldn't touch me until I'd stabilised my loss for twelve to eighteen months. (I didn't have surgery.)

I read the other day in the Dukan book that as this is a high protein diet the skin will loose less of it's elasticity and so the saggy skin thing should be less of an issue. I'm only my second week in and have got a long way to go so can't comment from personal experience. I hope what the book says is true though. x

Mine's been ok, with a four stone + loss but I am early-mid twenties which may account for some of it. X

Mine's been ok, with a four stone + loss but I am early-mid twenties which may account for some of it. X

Mine too and over time have lost same as Eilidh. My skin is far from firm but havent got flaps in places i dont want them! Spaniels ears on the other hand ...

Hmmm I hoping that at 27 I't will at least firm up a bit! I have been considering bathing in bio oil tho lol! I guess time will tell but I feel a bit better now tho thanks guys! I think I am just gona have to invest in some good bra's I have always been busty and gravity is not my friend! X

how long do you massage the oil into the skin, presume you can use anything so long as it helps rub.

I have lost 5st, am 45yrs old, I've been fat for twenty years, so my tummy was def flabby. If I bend forward you can see where the skin pukkers, rather like a balloon thats been let down. But its not massive, I have horrid bingo wings and am doing toning exercises for them. Nothing else has really sagged though I guess my boobs did a bit, but toning should lift the muscle a bit.

I read in Dr D book, one of them not sure which. It takes 6 months for skin to regain shape, so I am not expecting it to spring back suddenly, just eventually LOL

Dukan2013 said:
Hmmm I hoping that at 27 I't will at least firm up a bit! I have been considering bathing in bio oil tho lol! I guess time will tell but I feel a bit better now tho thanks guys! I think I am just gona have to invest in some good bra's I have always been busty and gravity is not my friend! X

My ladies have deserted!

Back