Saggy tummy

fat2fit

I know its a long way off, but i am really worried about having a really saggy tummy once iv lost all my weight. After having a c-section with my first son my tummy became very saggy, and has no muscle tone any more it just hangs there. Once i lose my excess weight will excersise help to lift it or will i end up having to have a tummy tuck A.K.A Abdominoplasty. If yes. Is it something i could get done on the NHS??

Thanks

Doing a tummy tuck on the NHS , i think really if its depressing you your doctor might refer you , but i think thats a last resort and you will only know at the end of lossing weight , but i guess getting anything done on the NHS you just dont know . Think warm up first like jogging or bikes then tonning will help. Dont they call that the Apron , think we all have it , and i think without working out , you may be left with it hanging

It is virtually impossible to get a tummy tuck done on the NHS so I wouldn't pin your hopes on that. I too suffer with the same problem and fear being left thin except for this large belly.

I have an 'apron' too - I hate it really badly, I feel sick looking at it when I'm in the bath :sigh::cry::sigh: I hate the fact that I have to tuck it into my knickers to look reasonable in the mirror.
I can live with it though(just :rolleyes:), it's my badge of motherhood - like the stretch marks,grey hair and the desire to change my name from 'muuuuum' to Nicola again haha!

Abit batty ...
Yes the Apron , when i lost weight before i did tone up and it did go , but i really think its a case of tonning or by machines , did you work out ?

I once before lost 4 stone, it was through calorie control and exercise, and I absolutely believe there is no better way to control saggy bits than to exercise. Pilates really helps, as it trains you to use your abdomen to hold your weight in, balance and control the movement of every single limb and its low impact. It'd be very difficult at first, but as you carry on it will increase your flexibility and tone you up gradually. Even though I've put on weight (back to uni, married life, etc.) I haven't got as big as I was the first time, and I've never suffered with lose skin -just loads of stretchmarks though!-, even though I was fat since I was a little girl. hth

I don't do any exercise hardly at all, a couple of walk with the kids a couple of times a week is as much as I manage to do :eek: I remember the midwife telling me that my 'apron' as it's so lovingly called :rolleyes: would never go so I've never made much of an effort to even try and get rid of it :eek: it's like an overhang of skin- none of my pals have got one and I thought just women who had had a cesarean had them because of what that midwife said :eek:

I might look into pilates - I've only just moved to Leeds and don't know anywhere to go etc

Exercise keeps your body burning fat not just during your workout, but for hours afterward. This is known as "after-burn." Exercising the muscles will also increase their 'tone'. Muscle tone is the firmness of a muscle when it is at rest, or its ability to hold its shape and not sag with gravity. Isolation exercises will give your muscles this firmness and shape. The more muscles you exercise, the firmer and more definite they'll become.
Also Activities like swimming cycling and walking will help

Hmmm you two are both very convincing aren't you...:p I feel lazy and slovenly now - so much so that I am going to do something about it!! I was only saying the other day that theres no point doing this diet if I wasn't going to do some exercise along with it. I have bingo wings aswell as an apron to get rid of!
The kids have gone back to school so I've no excuse really :eek:

Thanks girls!

Thanks Mapcr77 I will look in boots , i like a bargain . As they say let Exercise become a habit !

Yes, we have to save money :) That's ok Abit batty , Just get some ideas and warm up first is the key , that can be bikes a brisk walk before you tone , get the heart pumping

I found Calanetics excellent and do work...if you dont want to go to the gym....you can search ebay and get the disc for a few pounds....need to motivation to put it on at home hense the reason I need to go to the gym...however it does work!!!

Ooh whats Calanetics? Sound interesting..... I must google it!

Callanetics (missplelt the last time LOL)...... it was devised by a woman called Callan Pinckney must be about 15 years ago...its a series of deep muscle exercise that deep tone all the key areas....I got my copy of ebay (DVD) and do it the days I cant get to the gym....it does work but my motivation to home exercise DVD is always low but you can really feel the difference....she says 19 hours (2 x 1 hour session per week) and your body will look 10 years yonger!!!

Oooh that might be a good plan. I havent done any toning stuff at all since I started, reckon I ought to start now. Is the Callanteics knackering? I dont fancy being over-strenuous LOL

Last edited:
Back