Sainsbury's fresh tortelloni

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by papercrane, 3 April 2011 Social URL.

1. papercrane

papercrane Lost in the harbor

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (serial offender: third time lucky)
    When I've done SW in the past I always assumed those lovely fresh packets of filled pasta would be out of the question - even on Green/EE - as they're so rich and delicious (and our consultant always warned us about fresh pasta being syns, so I assumed it'd be bad). But actually some are pretty low on Green/EE. The packs are 300g - here are the syns for Green/EE (forget it on Original!):

Spinach & Ricotta Tortelloni: half a pack = 3 syns
    Arrabiata Tortelloni: half a pack = 5 syns
    Italian Walnut & Gorgonzola Tortelloni: half a pack = 6 syns

I know some people wouldn't bother to spend the syns when you can have dry pasta and spinach/tomato for free, and HE for cheese... but I think these are pretty good, especially the Spinach & Ricotta (for a proper feast you could eat an entire pack, with a homemade tomato pasta sauce, and grated cheese on top all for only 6 syns + a HE...)

Well, just sharing my excitement! x

PS. This one: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sain...ID=89&ce_cid=006R4H0000001zFi3V0RyusxKE000000

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. papercrane

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Oh, and furthermore (as if you're not convinced already) you can also easily prepare these at work or anywhere that has a kettle. They don't need to be simmered in a pot - if you just submerge in boiling water and then put a plate on top like you would with couscous... leave it five minutes and then drain them - good to go!

4. Nikki<3

Nikki<3 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooo I'm actually rather excited about this as I love love love tortellini and never buy it now! May go ad treat myself to some now though :)

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You see, I would never eat only half the pack as that is not enough to satisfy my appetite. And for the whole pack they are pretty high in syns, particularly if you then have to add on syns for a sauce.

6. papercrane

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Yeah, I'd always have to eat a whole one too..! But I was thinking of trying half a pack alongside a big pile of homemade syn-free ratatouille perhaps...? Though as I said, for me personally I don't actually think 6 syns for a whole pack is too awful, for an occasional treat. I wouldn't do it every day, hehe.

7. Freaky Deaky

Freaky Deaky Full Member

Oh thanks for this!! I had some for dinner last night and just assumed I had completely blown it but now I know I didn't - I love filled pasta and the tip about not needing to simmer it too is fab - thank you I'm sharing your excitement.

FD
    xxxx

8. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Love fresh pasta, might hav to hav it at the wekend as a treat.

Thanks, this made my day (lol I like food too much) :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.