Sainsburys paella

christmasfairy1

Silver Member
I've just bought a sainsburys paella which as it's main bas was chicken rice and prawns I didn't think would be too high in sins however, when I looked online it said 7 sins
Is this raking into consideration the chick rice. And prawns??

Yes it already takes into account any free food allowance.

If it's the one I'm looking at here are the ingredients

Steamed Rice; Paella Sauce; Cooked Chicken (17%); Chargrilled Red Pepper (8%); Prawns (8%); Peas (5%).Steamed Rice contains: Water, Arborio Rice, Turmeric Extract.Paella Sauce contains: Tomato, Water, Onion, Passata, White Wine, Signature™ Chicken Stock (7%) (Natural Chicken Juices, Water, Onion, Carrot), Chorizo Sausage (6%) (Pork Shoulder, Pork Belly, Salt, Paprika, Dextrin, Lactose (from Cows' Milk), Milk Proteins (from Cows' Milk), Sugar, Garlic, Dextrose, Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate; Rosemary Extract, Preservatives: Sodium Nitrite, Potassium Nitrate), Tomato Purée, Rapeseed Oil, Sherry Vinegar, Cornflour, Paprika Powder, Garlic Purée, Salt, Saffron, Cracked Black Pepper.Cooked Chicken contains: Chicken, Rapeseed Oil.Chargrilled Red Pepper contains: Red Pepper, Rapeseed Oil.Prawns contains: Prawn, Water, Salt.

The syns will come from the wine, chorizo, tomato puree, oil, cornflour, more oil in the chicken(!), and yet more oil on the chargrilled peppers. They could easily add up to that.

Thanks circes , boo hoo I'm now thinking I'm really bad at making food choices.
May save it til my weigh day and have it as my sins that day x

I'm sure that you will find a recipe for paella in the recipe section. They are really easy to make, you would know exactly what went into it and it wouild be very low in syns if not syn free.

It's dead easy to make a yummy syn-free risotto, which I assume is a similar process to paella? You can pretty much follow any recipe you find online for risotto - just swap any dash of white wine for water or stock, and any butter for frylight. And you don't need cream or anything. The rice is so sticky and rich you won't know the difference. Especially if you use some fresh parmesan as a HE at the end.... Mmmmm. My favourite is sweet potato with spinach.

Back