Sainsbury's Strawberry & Kiwi now has Citric acid

Want2BeSlim

Gold Member
I went into my local Sainsbury's earlier to pick up some of the sparkling Strawberry & Kiwi flavoured water to find they have redesigned the bottle, I had a funny feeling that wasn't all that had changed so I checked the ingredients and saw that it now has citric acid in! :( I was rather gutted as I really liked that drink, made a change when drinking plain water.

I also buy the 1.5L still flavoured water from Sainsbury's in Peach and Apple and Blackberry but also discovered they no longer stock these! How annoying. Unless its just the Sainsbury's in my town that have stopped selling them.

Looks like I'll have to find another shop to buy flavoured water from that doesn't have citric acid in.

I know, I'm not giving it up tho! It tastes the same and when I spoke to rob at s&s about citric acid he didn't think it was a problem anyway. I've drank this and diet coke throughout the last 7 weeks and have still lost 25lb.

I know, I'm not giving it up tho! It tastes the same and when I spoke to rob at s&s about citric acid he didn't think it was a problem anyway. I've drank this and diet coke throughout the last 7 weeks and have still lost 25lb.

Oh that is great babs11 well done! you're doing great. Yeah I did atkins and would have tomatoes and a few other things that contain citric acid... my losses were still slower than most, but they are on this diet too... I guess I'm just one of those people.

Hi, went to sainsburys today and noticed there blacurrant and cherry or something in the same range only has malic acid in so we can have that one instead! They still had the old ones we like so got 14 of them for now!

babs11 said:
Hi, went to sainsburys today and noticed there blacurrant and cherry or something in the same range only has malic acid in so we can have that one instead! They still had the old ones we like so got 14 of them for now!

Hi babs11,

Thanks for posting this! I'll call into Sainsburys in the next few days and get some of the black current and cherry :D

Back