Salad dressing ideas please

kittykat6279

Mad Take Thatter!
Hi guys, just wondering what dressings you put on your salads as I'm getting a bit sick of mayo, also if anyone has a recipe for low carb coleslaw that would be great thanks :)

Olive oil I'd yummy on salads, the extra virgin type :)

Is not I'd! Sorry using my phone :)

I bought a small cheap bottle of olive oil and put some chilli flakes, sliced garlic and some herbs in. Its yummy! Otherwise I make a vinagrette with a bit of mustard, oil, tiny bit vinegar salt and sweetener. Or flavour mayo with some spices to make coronation chicken, you need to thin it with a bit of water though. Lovely with a few flaked almonds on top and salad/spinach. Thats what I had last night! :)

I make low carb coleslaw with cabbage and a small amount of spring onion. It's good.

Dressings: you need white wine vinegar, or cider vinegar, oil, mustard and fresh herbs. mix 1/3 vinegar to 2/3 oils and and salt, herbs and mustard to taste

dijion will give you a softer taste - english will be a bit more aggresive taste wise, but I think still nice

Hi I don't tend to use dressings but just wanted to say about the herb salad that you get in Asda for £1 a bag, it is so lovely that I've never felt the need to add any dressing. Sainsbury's also do the same mix at a shocking 50p more expensive. But I'd reccommend the herb salad for a change x

Back