Salad dressings?

lillaura

Hi there every1, this is my first thread so wish me luck! Any ideas on salad dressings, either shop bought ones or any good recipies? low syn value preferably!

Thanks

I will be interested to follow this because I am not very imaginative! I tend to stick to balsamic vinegar or lighter than light mayo.

will have to check that out jezzi999, thanks. i do enjoy my salads but it would be nice to add something different.

Kraft light French and Italian dressings are syn free.... All the other kraft light dressings are 1 syn per tbsp. Helmanns light vinegarette and light balsamic dressing are 1/2 syn per tbsp.
The salad light spray dressings are free. The Caesar one is gorgeous.

ooh i looked at the kraft ones the other day in morrisons but i put it back! thanks claire

where can you find the salad spraylight dressings, haven't seen them in years and loved them?

I found the Cesar one in Tescos earlier today!

Good luck! It was hidden in ours, right at the back of the shelf!

haha sometimes i feel i'm destined to be chunky! what with all the hiding of the low fat! thanks luce!

...I have taken notes lol got a bit bored with using the Hellmans fat free vinaigrette...even though it is lovely.

I can also recommend the Balsamic Salad Light...that really is nice. I have a bottle of both the Balsamic and Caesar dressings in my fridge so I can choose which one I fancy on that day and the beauty is they're both free so I can have as much as I want and have long use by dates too. I find the spray really good as it's easier to control how much you have. I got my balsamic from Asda and stocked up on it as of the 7 supermarkets near me Asda was the only place selling it (as you can guess from going to all of those stores I really do like that one the most! :))

hello girls,

u no them kraft salad sauces? i love the thousand island fat free new one. is that syn free coz its fat free? says 16 cal on the bottle for 30ml or something x

Just to let you all know my local sainsburys is selling Salad Light in both Balsamic and caesar varieties for 50p each as they're trying to clear stock as they're no longer going to sell that range in store. I havent been able to find Salad light in 3 of my 4 local sainburys (We have a lot near by!) so I think they're going to stop selling this product in their stores

hello girls,

u no them kraft salad sauces? i love the thousand island fat free new one. is that syn free coz its fat free? says 16 cal on the bottle for 30ml or something x

Hi,

From what I can see Kraft Light Thousand Island Dressing is 1 syn per 1 level tbsp.

Hope this helps.

I too have struggled to find the caesar light spray. I'll keep looking though, sounds delicious

Back