• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Salou - Molinos Park Hotel

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥

MiniB

Here we go again!
Hi Tanya, haven't been there but some of the reviews I read really warn you off going. Some were good but a lot were bad but like you said you get what you pay for I suppose. A holiday is always what you make it though so if you're determined to have a good time you will.

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Thats what i thought - some of the bad reviews really are people on a winge!!!!!!!!! lol but me and the bf will only want food, drinks and a bed and pool so were really not fussy about location - its only 2km from the centre and a taxi away from the theme park (main reason why were are going) and hotel prices in the centre well pffft!!

Half board for a hotel in the centre £320
All inc hotel 2km away £270 - we'd spend waay more on drink that the extra £50 so seems like an ideal deal for us! lol

I am worried about the all inc bit though! drinks i can be sensible with - food?!! i guess this will really test if what i have taught myself is worthwhile! lol

MiniB

Here we go again!
Sounds like the right deal for you Tanya. Like you say, all inclusive will be a test but I have absolute faith in you that you can take things easy and not overdo it. I'm going self catering so it will be a lot easier for me to pick and chose and not go nuts! Mind you, I know they sell white strawberry cheesecake lollies from when we were last there and they were gorgeous! If I limit to 1 a day that will be good!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
They sound divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D lol

Mind you though, in the heat i just always want cold drinks and im really not that fussed about eating! but i imagine there will be plenty of fish, meat and veg & fruit - but i will be avoiding carbs. I have already told myself that bad carbs will be allowed only once or twice a week in the form of pasta, slice of toast or some boiled potatoes.

I know my body does not handle carbs well at all so atleast i know where im going with that! lol

MiniB

Here we go again!
I'm the same. I will always stear clear of rice, pasta and potatoes cos they don't seem to agree with me and weight loss. Even on SW I had only meat days and no days when a lot of carbs were allowed. The only carb I will have regularly will be healthy brown breads and not a lot!

Can't wait to eat plenty of fresh fish and greek salads on hols, they are divine and taste fantastic!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Ooooh yeah i cant wait for fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with you on the healthy brown bread thing - whites are out browns are in!!!! ;) lol

MiniB

Here we go again!
My mum has just started making her own bread and said she would make me a healthy loaf when I have finished yumyumyum!

Can't wait but afraid I will be tempted to eat the whole loaf instead of just a slice or two! It's all about control I suppose!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
oooh fresh warm bread with butter mmmmmmmmmmmm

no thats nawty! lol but yeah, everything in moderation is ok right :D

GirlyChick

On a mission
Oh so jealous. Wish I had somewhere warm to look forward to xx

Wherever you go there will always be some wingers who moan about everything. I went on an all inclusive hol for my honeymoon and I found it easier to eat healthy. Gorgeous ommlettes for breakfast, freshly cooked meats and fish with lovely salads for lunch and dinner. mmmmm! Ignore the bad reviews and have a great time xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 5
Chit Chat 1
Holidays 5
Holidays 4
Holidays 16