1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Salt and Pepper Tofu

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by LoChan1984, 26 September 2011 Social URL.

1. LoChan1984

LoChan1984 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Salt & Pepper Tofu
    This is for one serving, oh so much garlic lol:

(roughly) 150g extra firm tofu
    1 tsp olive oil (2 syns)
    4 cloves garlic

1 medium onion
    green or red pepper (up to you the amount)
    2 cloves garlic crushed
    2 red/green chillies - chopped (up to you about the seeds, adds heat)
    1 tsp splenda (you can use sugar if you prefer)
    salt & pepper

1. Drain tofu. Wrap securely, like a parcel, in several layers of kitchen paper and place on a board. Press gently to extract as much liquid as possible without crumbling the tofu. Repeat this process until there is only a little moisture coming through the paper. Carefully cut tofu into small cubes. Place in a bowl.

2. Drizzle the tsp of oil over the cubes, and crush 4 cloves of garlic over them - mix carefully to coat all over. Cover tightly and marinate in fridge for between 1 and 12 hours (did mine for about 3-4hours)

3. Preheat oven to 180C/350/F/Gas 4. Line baking tray with baking parchment/non-stick baking paper.

4. Place tofu on lined baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Take out of oven and set aside (in a bowl for convenience).

5. Chop up the onion and red/green pepper and stir fry in frylight until beginning to soften. Add the two crushed garlic cloves and the chopped chillies, stirfry for a further 1-2mins.

6. Add in the tofu, the tsp of splenda and salt and pepper to taste - stir everything around until well mixed.

7. And serve!

**hmn I'm a little unsure if I did use 2 or 4 garlic cloves in with the onions/pepper bit. *shrugs* see what works, if you like a lot use more!

Salt & pepper tofu.jpg
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.