• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Salt Content

I was in the kitchen making myself a cup of tea (Not usual) and I noticed a slimmers meal defrosting on the counter top, I was idly reading it, it's a chicken arriabata or something, but any way, it was 448 Calories, which i thought was quite high, but here we go, it was low sugar, 22% of your recommended daily intake, Low fat, 20% and low salt, a whopping 33%. All that in one little slimmers meal. I'm shocked. That's why I don't do processed food.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Once in a supermarket I was looking at the WW range of 'fresh' ready meals. They had a use by date of a months time! What the hell do they put in a 'fresh' meal to make it last that long!!?? Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!!

and they are absolutely tasteless!

when i first started doing the long shifts, i tried them for convenience, ugh, gave up after first one, never again!

they are terrible arent they Jim. Why isnt colleen having what you are? Its so much easier to bung some pasta in yourself and make some ragu with a little tinned tomatos basil and garlic!

Has anyone ever had a ready meal where it has cooked everything in the same time? Usually the potatoes are still hard or veg/rice are cooked until they no longer resemble what they are supposed to be!

They are grim things regardless or the crap thats in them , would rather a few nuts etc if i wasnt up to cooking . When i cook meals at home like curry /cheeseburger pie etc i do extra and freeze them in foil trays for lazy days :)

Has anyone ever had a ready meal where it has cooked everything in the same time? Usually the potatoes are still hard or veg/rice are cooked until they no longer resemble what they are supposed to be!
oh you get one piece of chicken and 55 potatoes :) yak yak yak. the only thing i eat like that is the tesco cheese stuffed chicken breasts with bacon if they in the reduced bit. only 0.4 carbs each so usually eat em both.

they are terrible arent they Jim. Why isnt colleen having what you are? Its so much easier to bung some pasta in yourself and make some ragu with a little tinned tomatos basil and garlic!
This is at work Vicky. :)

That's a lot. It's a problem with "low fat" though isn't it, they take the fat out and chuck a load of other stuff in that isn't good for you like sugar and salt. Yuk!

oh yes yuk. low fat mayo is like sugar syrup wrong wrong wrong no wonder you always crave cr*p on low fat diets like ww etc. then they make those lovely sugary cakes etc to make more money!

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
I used to live on ready meals. It was only when I became an Atkins label detective that i realised how bad they are for you :eek: