Salt & Pepper?

emily4amanda

Hey everyone!!

Just wondering if its ok to add salt and pepper to the chicken soup? Had it today and was not impressed, not as vile as the flapjacks but still not nice, might be ok with salt and pepper but not sure if that's allowed?

Thanks,

Emily xx

I don't think it is but can't remember why. It is on this forum somewhere, I will have a look and let you know ;)
I thought the chicken soup was nice.... tasted like prawn crackers from the chinese to me lol

Strictly speaking you're not meant to have pepper as it comes from a berry... But I always had a bit and it didn't make any difference to my weightloss OR to how hideious the soup is. :D

I used my packets to make crisps.

My friend used to add either pepper or paprika to her soups and she lost over 4 stone quite quickly, but then again the same person also drank tonic water quite regularly.

I guess it's all down to how lucky you feel and how your body reacts to it.

I've been 100% which has meant no salt or pepper and I'm happy that I've stuck to it like that. The 100% has given me more of a boost than changing the soup taste ever would but then again, the soup is my fave.

Mr. C you get everywhere ;) It just shows how different peoples tastes can be, I really wish I liked the soup.

Thank you jasmi for that link, I won't have the pepper now, il be good i promice lol xx

Strictly speaking you're not meant to have pepper as it comes from a berry... But I always had a bit and it didn't make any difference to my weightloss OR to how hideious the soup is. :D

I used my packets to make crisps.

oooo, how do you make the crisps??

Yo Emily ;-) I say stick it out with it as it is - in a couple more weeks your taste buds will change dulled by no food and you may find you like it as it is. I think people forgot this is a total food replacement plan and we are discouraged to add things to shakes etc.

I wouldn't risk it people react to things in different ways what is fine for one person might kick another out of ketosis - you don't want to be back to square one again do you?

Without sounding preachy too if you can't resist the temptation of lil add ins like pepper you might start thinking it's ok to add this and that and the other. I try really hard not to alter the shakes at all - I don't even use the recipes to change the consistency ie to mousse.

I think the answer to success on this plan - especially surviving the re feed - is to follow it to the letter.

I'm sorry I forgot to link you to the crisp recipe it's on a thread with a ton of other ideas. I think someone will link you soon hopefully as it would be hard to find on my phone!!! If you like the crisps let me know I have 6 sachets of soup you can have for free Emily.

Much love and you're doing great!!!!! Tee hee first time I had soup I thought it was nice and would be lovely with some garlic croutons!!! Oh well ;-) xxxxxx linz x

Hello sweetie!!! O.K I won't cheat I promise. I do love the shakes but I might just have to try a coffee vanilla latte tomorrow morning. I doubt I'l try the crisps but im just beweldered how you make crisps out of soup mix??? lol. You need to update your tracker btw, you've lost loads more, your my inspiration :) xxx

Back