salt!!

Emmamc1

Hi, I need a bit of advice please, I drink 4litres or more of water a day and I've been told because of this I need to be having a lot of salt, I don't like salt is there any other options please, thanks x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

If you have been doing this for sometime and don't have any problems then i wouldn't worry about it! If you are doing a lot of physical activity / are sweating a lot (in a heatwave for instance), you'll soon notice if your electrolytes are a bit imbalanced - you will start feeling dizzy / lightheaded / have low blood pressure/ get dizzy when standing up quickly. Depending on what you are eating you could already be eating enough salt anyway, i like butter on everything i have with Atkins and use salted butter for instance... just listen to your body, it'll soon tell you if something isn't right - if you feel unwell then you need to do things differently and as far as salt goes this definitely applies.

Hi thanks losing it, great advice, I'll definetly take what you've said on board, Hi diembroadhurst no I don't eat salty meat or anything like that, I really don't like salt, I get quite shakey sometimes and often feel dizzy in the mornings, so I thinks I will get some supplements as I'm not taking vits either, thanks both of you xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back