Salty snacks ideas

PregnantSW

Hi everyone,

I'm pregnant and suffering from low BP for the last few days. I've upped my water but mum keeps on trying to feed me Bombay mix lol (because it's really salty) and I don't want to have it.

Can anyone suggest something I can snack on that's salty and low syn?

Could cut up some carrots and sprinkle salt on them. That's the only thing I can think of.

Any ideas are appreciated x

Yeah someone suggested that.. Is a tweak, and I'm worried I'll abuse it haha. But I think I will try them to have this time..

I'm gonna make SW chips now and put loads of salt and vinegar now.

I agree haha that's very true.. ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1427144233.589392.jpg

Made these

Yeah someone suggested that.. Is a tweak, and I'm worried I'll abuse it haha. But I think I will try them to have this time..

I'm gonna make SW chips now and put loads of salt and vinegar now.

I got told that the SW chips are also a tweak and should be synned as real chips unless you eat them as part of a meal with the 1/3 superfree.

I'm getting really really tired of being told that all the nice things are tweaks, I have almost no choices left now for snacky foods.

I got told that the SW chips are also a tweak and should be synned as real chips unless you eat them as part of a meal with the 1/3 superfree.

I'm getting really really tired of being told that all the nice things are tweaks, I have almost no choices left now for snacky foods.

That's pants and I wholeheartedly disagree with that consultant's viewpoint!

If you really want to be by the book, make crudités (celery, cucumber, carrots etc.) and serve with a dip. If you aren't going to make SW houmous, look at making something cheesy and maybe adding a tiny bit of salt to it? Grab some quark and stick your A-Choice in it, then you can finish the entire pot off. If you aren't going to finish the cheese off, you will need to Syn the cheese but it will be nice nonetheless! :D

I've never been by the book and lost just under 6 stones so who cares whether this is a tweak or not!

I don't see this as a tweak at all. I'm eating potatoes for what they are naturally made for- chips.

If you really want to be by the book, make crudités (celery, cucumber, carrots etc.) and serve with a dip. If you aren't going to make SW houmous, look at making something cheesy and maybe adding a tiny bit of salt to it? Grab some quark and stick your A-Choice in it, then you can finish the entire pot off. If you aren't going to finish the cheese off, you will need to Syn the cheese but it will be nice nonetheless! :D

Oh, quark with cheese? Never thought of that. I'll try that next time I get some cheese in. Thank you.

I've never been by the book and lost just under 6 stones so who cares whether this is a tweak or not!

I don't see this as a tweak at all. I'm eating potatoes for what they are naturally made for- chips.

I couldn't agree more - I don't understand why so many things are classified as tweaks either. I hope you enjoyed the chips!

Thanks for the idea, I'm very wary of blending chickpeas now because apparently I'm not allowed to make cake by doing that, so I'm not having houmous anymore either since I can't see any difference to speak of between the two (apart from savoury/sweet of course). I might try the cheese/quark thing though, sounds good.

Back