Samantha's LT Diary

Morning everyone :)

I'm on day 2 of my LT diet and thought I'd start a diary. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't partly to keep myself occupied (haha) but I also thought that if I put it out there it would act as motivation to keep going.

My start weight is 14st 0.5lbs btw. I went on LT a couple years ago but only lasted 6 days due to getting ill with tonsilitis. Nevertheless I'd lost around 9lbs during that 6 days so I knew that the diet worked and that's what made me choose to go on it again now. The other reason would be that for the last month or so I have been going to the gym 5 days a week and eating super healthy (around 12-1500 calories a day depending on activity level) and I hadn't really lost anything! :(

So yesterday was my first full day of just shakes. I actually replaced my evening meal on Monday with a shake too but I'm not really counting that as I'd been in last supper mode during Monday so I doubt one shake that evening would have had any impact :p I was very positive yesterday despite only having strawberry shakes (which are my least favourite) because the chemist was out of the other flavours. Luckily she let me pay for the week and gave me 7 strawberry to tide me over so I'm hoping she'll have more in stock today so I can have 7 each of the other 2 flavours.

Last night was the toughest part of the day because I had my last shake just before 7pm with the intention of getting an early night. Went to bed to 10:30 to read for a bit and then get some sleep, but despite being *super* tired, I only got to sleep at about 1am so between 10:30 and 1am my stomach was gurgling and I was even feeling a bit dizzy lying down!

Learnt the hard way this morning that the strawberry shake does NOT make a nice mousse... the taste is really strong and slightly bitter and I'd put a bit too much water in it so it was more of a thick soup than a mousse anyway *ick* :p No headache yet today but feeling a bit weak. My OH and I normally go to the gym on Wednesday (he's just eating less and moving more and has lost around a stone in the last month) but I think if I do still go I will take it really easy, perhaps just some slow walking on the treadmill to keep him company coz he doesn't like going on his own.

My first goal is to lose at least 7lbs this week (9 would be great). I was naughty and weighed myself this morning and I was -4lbs compared to yesterday but my scales aren't too reliable so I won't focuss on that and will try to restrain myself until my first proper weigh in next Monday!

Sorry for the really long post - I promise this will probably be the longest seeing as it's the first one! Might do an update a bit later as the first few days are the hardest!

xxx

Hi Manseydoll

So good to read this post I started Lipotrim for the Very First time on Sunday 29 July !
ate every thing i liked teh most on saturday and i am on day 4 of this plan and feeling pretty awful today

I have also had a bit of a nightmare with the mousse thing tried on sunday and monday evening to make a chocolate one
it was some what a disaster so ended up eating the not thick but not thin chocolate sauce out of the bowl - it was pretty awful made a shake last night thou

But I am really really hungry today feeling sick headache comes and goes and so very very cold

I will look forward to your diary ! :D

Good luck to you both....keep fighting and you will reach the stage where it becomes so easy. Melody X

Hi Manseydoll

So good to read this post I started Lipotrim for the Very First time on Sunday 29 July !
ate every thing i liked teh most on saturday and i am on day 4 of this plan and feeling pretty awful today

I have also had a bit of a nightmare with the mousse thing tried on sunday and monday evening to make a chocolate one
it was some what a disaster so ended up eating the not thick but not thin chocolate sauce out of the bowl - it was pretty awful made a shake last night thou

But I am really really hungry today feeling sick headache comes and goes and so very very cold

I will look forward to your diary ! :D

I think I'm gonna steer clear of the so-called mousse option seeing as you didn't get along well with chocolate either :p I'm feeling really hungry today too, but seeing as you are on day 4 you should start to feel better by tomorrow I think :) Well done for getting through these first few days. It takes loads of determination but it's so so worth it!

Quick day 2 update and all I have to say is tired, headache, jaw ache lol. I think the jaw ache is from having not had any food to chew (don't know if anyone else has experienced this?)

Went to the gym this evening :) Before I went my body was screaming NO!!!! but my head won thankfully. I felt a little bit spaced out on the way home but now that I'm back I'm actually feeling loads better than I did earlier so let's hope I continue this way :D Hopefully I'll be able to get a nice early night tonight before I start feeling hungry and then i'll be on day 3!

Morning! Day 3 dun dun duuuunnn!

So I managed to get an earlier night last night and wasn't feeling hungry at all :) But woke up this morning feeling a bit like I'd done a round with Mike Tyson lol. Going to try and leave it as long as possible before I have my first shake so it's not so long in between my first and second one. I tend to get a quick burst of energy after my shakes and then a huge crash within about 30 mins! Coffee is definitely my life saver at the moment I think.

I need to hide the scales from myself too coz I couldn't help but jump on them this morning... currently showing -7lbs compared to Monday so I know I'll be on track to lose my goal of 7lbs this week even if my scales are off :)

Hi ya !

So on to day 5 for me ! :) feeling better than yesterday !

How ever I have noticed I have bursts of energy too feel fine then suddenly within 10 minutes I wilt so quickly

also coffee is my saviour when I start to feel a bit sick or just low I go and make a cup of coffee and a large glass of water it seems to keep me going for about 30 minutes or so

You did well going to the gym WELL DONE YOU :) :)

I decided not to try this week as I have been feeling so exhausted I have been getting home from work last night I walked the dogs and on the way back my legs were like lead weights :(

Got in had a shake and watched olympics all night ! that really has been my saviour this week taking my mind off food however my hardest time is in the day at work i've never been a night time eater more a day time grazer !

Also had my shake an hour later this morning and i also think this may have helped had it a 8 instead of 7

only about 45 minutes to go til i can have my next one !!! got strawberry at lunch time (not so keen on this one) vanilla is my fave i think

7lb woo hoo well done you keep it up

wonder what I will manage tomorrow (fingers tightly crossed)

Well done for sticking it out! I honestly don't know how I'd cope if I had to go out to work (luckily I work from home!) and I have the utmost respect for people who manage to go out to work at the same time. The only reason I still managed to go to the gym was because I work at a computer all day so apart from all my trips to the loo it's pretty much all of my activity. I took it super easy though coz it did make me feel a bit spaced out. I normally do 3.6 miles walking on a decent incline but I only did 3.2 miles on a slight incline last night :p I'm sweating much more quickly at the moment too!

Yesterday I had serious jaw and all over head ache. For some reason I didn't think to take tablets until later on in the day and they really do help. Today my head still feels a little bit like you feel when you have a sinus infection (aching cheeks, bit of pressure around my eyes) but aside from when I'd just woken up this morning I'm feeling quite a bit better today than yesterday. Fingers crossed things can only get easier now!

Good luck for the rest of your day 5! :D

I started Lipotrim on July 31st - so day 3 now. I feel a bit sick and have a slight headache, think I will take a pain killer. I am waiting for things to settle down and the feel good factor to kick in. It would be easy to give up almost before I started. I did get on the scales today and have lost 3 lbs. I will be weighed at the pharmacy on Monday so hope I have lost 7 lbs but may be a bit optimistic. x

My first weigh in is on Monday too. I'm sure we'll both hit our target of 7lbs :) Good luck! (PS I know it sounds strange but I've found sniffing strong smelling condiments like mustard and vinegar has helped with the nausea lol)

I just had my second shake as a 'chocolate muffin'... the first half went down really well (it was nice to be able to chew something) and the first bite even tasted like a real but not very chocolatey muffin! Although it wasn't salty or bitter, the first bite of the second half went round and round and round my mouth about 20 times before I could swallow it, and the last quarter went in the bin :(

Not feeling quite as weak this morning as the last 2 mornings, which is great :) Starting to feel a bit more like my normal self apart from a slight bit of nausea when I got up.

However (and I don't know if anyone else has had this) I have major jaw ache again this morning on the side of my face that I lie on when I'm sleeping. It feels to me like I've been clenching my teeth or maybe even grinding my teeth :( It hurts all the way up to above my eye. Has anyone else had this? I hope I'm not the only one!

keep going !

not had any propblem with my jaw thou

I am on day 6 head aches have passed and the sick feeling :)

weight in tonight at 5.30 on way home from work - ekk scared !!!! :confused::confused::confused:

7.5 lb off :)

Happy with that roll on next Friday now for next weigh in

Got a bag full of new shakes and put coffee in my vanilla one this evening Was ok !!

Yay! Well done, that's a great start! :)

OK so I've been having a read this evening about various diets / ways of healthy eating etc (because I wanted to see what my post-Lipotrim plan would be) and I'm a little bit concerned about something I read about diets that put you into ketosis in that if you stay on the 100% for too long that it reduces your previous 'default' amount of carbs you will be able to eat after coming off it before gaining weight. I love all things carby - potato, steamed rice, pasta, bread - and carbs are important to provide energy if you're going to the gym as much as I do. The last thing I want is to not be able to go to the gym because my body has been conditioned to not be able to eat carbs at all! So I'm considering completing this week of LT (fingers crossed I seem to be on track to lose around 10-14lbs) and then going onto the refeed for a few weeks (during which time I'm pretty sure I'll keep losing weight) so that I have more energy for the gym as toning up is one of my goals.

Today has been a good day. Aside from feeling a bit off this morning (which quickly wore off) I've pretty much felt like my normal self. Split my shakes up so I wasn't keeping a constant eye on the clock all day, and that worked well.

By doing loads of research about why Lipotrim is so successful and the role carbs, sugars, fat and salt play in weight gain and water retention I feel pretty confident that going forward I could stick to a plan that would work for me. Kind of like a combination between watching the carbs, fat and calories. Because I normally go to the gym 5 days a week, on my 2 days off I would make sure to eat very little in the way of carbs and keep my protein up to help my muscles recouperate from resistance training.

What does everyone think of this plan?

I think that sounds like a good idea if you are worried hat sort of work out are you doing at the gym as I go to the gym as well had this week off thou a such low energy

So day 7 for me today and I am most gave up !!

I've had a cry I feel sick and cold and generally very crappy

Not helped by the fact me and hubby went into city centre and there was food everywhere and the smell of food was always up my nose

Not a happy bunny today at all

But I am 100% on TFR

I just hope I can last

Need to start feeling better :(

Back