Same flavour bar, different taste??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lostris, 1 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    This is something I talked about with my CDC today. She recently got a new order in with the Peanut bars and I've noticed they taste differently..

Sometimes the wrapper is coloured differently or the bar is thicker/thinner...

Might be silly but; why is that? :s

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peppa

peppa Pwincess

sorry didn't like to read and run, wonder if they have revamped them slightly? i've only had one so can't compare

4. Lostris

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi,

Yes I thought they might.. I'm not from the UK but figure it can be the same out there so just wondered why there were different Peanut crunch bars hehe.

xx

5. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    me either - I don't buy them cos I think they're like cardboard but hope you get an answer!!

6. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    hi there i love the peanut bars not noticed a change to them but will keep my taste buds alert x

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I noticed the same with the orange bars. I really used to like them but I noticed the chocolate surround was a lot thinner and the centre flavour was not so orangy.

8. Nibbles

Nibbles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have even noticed a big difference between different batches of soups, especially the tomato.
    My current order of Oriental Chilli has loads more bits in it, compared with the last batch.

9. Chunka_Malunka

Chunka_Malunka Fat busting crime fighter

Diet:
    CD
    i cant wait to go on to the bars next week - im not kidding... im ready to kill for them. Im hoping the toffee one is delish

10. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    YEs the toffee one is lovely, so is the choc one and the caramel - they have the texture and slight flavour of a very large cadbury's fudge finger!!! mmm

11. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Can't say I've noticed a difference in taste recently - although the packaging is lighter coloured.

I too have noticed differences in batches regarding the choc coating and the texture of the middle.

Maybe if CD Counsellor looks at this thread she might be able to enlighten us?

12. Lostris

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi,

Yes it would be nice if CD Counselor could look at it.. Maybe it has something to do with different production places or........ something? I can't really think of anything else to be honest haha.

I like the peanut bars a lot less now.. they've got a strange after taste :(

13. ZoBo

ZoBo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Is it not just because they are different batches. I don't have the soups so can't comment. I bloody love those peanut bars though. I'm only allowed one a week after weigh in as I'm sensitive to them.

14. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2

Not noticed this. Important question: Is it is nice difference or a not so nice difference???

15. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

yes they did change them, they did smth to the packaging, but can't for the life of me remember why that was. i think it's more hermetically sealed or smth. the taste changed a bit with the cranberry ones, they're not as tasty as they were before, and the orange ones, even though still my favourite, are a bit more... hmm... floury??

16. Lostris

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    For me; not nice.. But I guess it's different for everyone. I liked the peanut bar I had friday more than the one I had yesterday.. :x It's not that it's terrible but there's something very distinctly different in the taste and I don't really like that lol.. maybe more saltish?? Don't know can't explain that well really...

xxx

17. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

The packaging recently changed on the bars to keep them fresher longer.

This was also circulated to CDC's recently in an elert:
    Change of suppliers​
    Our Technical Department are constantly reviewing the quality of the raw ingredients we buy from suppliers
    and occasionally we have to change a supplier for commercial reasons. This in turn may lead to slight changes
    in the flavours and colours of a limited number of products. However, if you or one of your customers have​
    any queries about the taste or appearance of a product, you are always welcome to get in touch with us.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Lostris

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi,

Okido, thanks. :)

Though my counselor is not from the UK (as I don't live there) I'm not sure she received this ''note''. I am however, sure, we get our products from the UK so this could very well be the explanation I needed :)

Thanks !

20. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

eeew the peanut bar has a very awful aftertaste - gross. I only order a couple of choc bars now and have one cranberry to try out. I can't have one a day as they play havoc with my insides! so for me now its hot choc shakes and choc bars only! theres no porrige around so i hope i don't start hating the choc flavours.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.