Sammii's losing the fat - this time for good!

Sammii

Hi guys,

I started calorie counting just over four years ago and managed to lose almost two stone in about three months the first time around.

Then I went to uni and managed to pile every single last pound back on to my body without really even noticing.

I've been back on CC for two weeks now and have dropped 7.5lbs already. I'm finally feeling motivated enough to actually sort my weight problem out once and for all - and I think keeping a diary will help me to genuinely evaluate what I'm doing. I'm the queen of lying to myself about portion sizes, calories, exercise, haha! :rolleyes:

I'll update this post as the day goes on, and update my stats weekly. Hopefully, actually writing down the change will keep me on track!

Sammii :)

Current Stats - Start of Week 3
(07/07/14):
Weight: 161.5lbs (11st7.5lbs) (-7.5lbs from start)
Height: 5'3"
Chest: 39" (-1" from start)
Waist: 31" (-2" from start)
Stomach: 40.5" (-3" from start)
Hips/bum: 44" (-0.5" from start)
Arms: 13.5" (L); 13.5" (R) (-0.5" each from start)
Thighs: 26" (L); 27" (R) (no change)

Food Diary

Breakfast
Bran flakes and skimmed milk (200kcals)
Apple (60kcals)
Lunch
Beef Broth Soup (180kcals)
1 Slice Wholemeal Bread (110kcals)
Dinner
Ocean Pie (350kcals)​
Water
2.5 litres
6 cups of tea with skimmed milk (90kcals)

Exercise Diary
30 Day Shred Level One (Day 9) (130kcals)
Jogging - 20 mins (100kcals)

Total Daily Net Calories:
760kcals

Generally would eat more than this, especially after exercising, but I've felt a little bit nauseous all day - I think my IBS is playing up again! At least I've got a little bit of a calorie buffer for later in the week now though! :p

Last edited:
Welcome to Calorie Counting Forum. :wavey: Well done on the weigh loss already. I find it easier if I write everything down - if I don't I eat more than I think I have..

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I'm exactly the same - if I don't write it down as soon as I've eaten it, it's like my brain blocks it out! I swear that's one of the biggest reasons why I've gained weight - I could eat a chocolate bar and completely forget about it within an hour!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You're doing amazingly! We're the same height and we've got very similar start weights - definitely going to check your diary out for tips now! :D

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I'm exactly the same - if I don't write it down as soon as I've eaten it, it's like my brain blocks it out! I swear that's one of the biggest reasons why I've gained weight - I could eat a chocolate bar and completely forget about it within an hour!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You're doing amazingly! We're the same height and we've got very similar start weights - definitely going to check your diary out for tips now! :D

I noticed that this morning and I am also doing Calorie Counting for the second time - I had an accident and put some back on so decided it had to go now things are sorted.. Well done on the weight loss today.

Hi i am subscribing x

Thanks for subbing :)

I noticed that this morning and I am also doing Calorie Counting for the second time - I had an accident and put some back on so decided it had to go now things are sorted.. Well done on the weight loss today.

You're going to be my inspiration then! I'll be keeping a close eye on what you do :D

Food Diary
Breakfast
Lunch
3 x Ryvita, cream cheese, ham and tomatoes (250kcals)
Raspberries, blueberries and natural yoghurt (200kcals)
Dinner
Steak, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots (650kcals)
Water
2 litres

Exercise Diary
30 Day Shred Level 1 (Day 10) (130kcals)

1170kcals

Last edited:
Good looking day all round.:)

My weigh day today and stayed the same as last week but hey ho tomorrow is another day - no big deal.

Good looking day all round.:)

My weigh day today and stayed the same as last week but hey ho tomorrow is another day - no big deal.

I think that's the right attitude to take. Most of us will have sts weeks through no fault of our own because bodies sometimes just do their own things. Just have to keep it in mind that staying on plan will make the scales go down eventually!

Food Diary
Breakfast
Banana (90kcals)
Lunch
Egg white omelette, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and wholemeal toast (250kcals)
Dinner
Fish, new potatoes and salad (450kcals)
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and natural yoghurt (130kcals)
Water
2.5 litres

Exercise Diary
30 Day Shred (Level 2) (Day 11) (150kcals)
Jogging - 20 mins (100kcals)

870kcals

Last edited:
Hello & welcome!!

Your steak dinner last night sounds yummy. I haven't had steak in aaaages!!

Best of luck for your next weigh in :)

Hello & welcome!!

Your steak dinner last night sounds yummy. I haven't had steak in aaaages!!

Best of luck for your next weigh in :)

Thanks!!

The steak was amazing! They're half price in tesco at the moment so I've saved up calories to have a bit of a treat! So worth the days of bland food, haha!

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you're doing so well! :D

How was your omelet? I love omelettes :)

It was delicious, thanks! I love them too - especially cheese and spinach ones! What did you have for lunch?

I love vegetable and cheese ones :)

I had a ham and egg salad from waitrose, it was really tasty x

It looks lovely! Does the salad have peas in it though? I'm really allergic to them, which I know is a completely random allergy, haha! :p

I am afraid it does, I have had peas twice today, a life of no peas *cries for you* lol x

It's mainly inconvenient - it's not a common allergy so I have to really read ingredients! You'd be amazed how many things have pea starch or vegetable oil in them! I'm very jealous of your food though - it looks delicious, even if it would kill me, haha!

How bad is your allergy? X

It's really bad! I carry an epi pen, and if I eat anything a pea has touched my throat starts to close up.

Back