Sample menu - Could this work?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by PinkToaster, 17 September 2008 Social URL.

1. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    I have been yoyoing on and off slimming world since my first weigh in when I didn't lose any weight, and as a result, I've gained about 2 lbs. Obviously this is bad and I know I have to get with it.
    I know that temptation takes the better of me during lunch at college. I've tried different varieties of lunch to no avail. So I was wondering if the following would work:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with 100ml semi skim OR two Alpen light bars - Hex A + B

Lunch: A BOUGHT egg mayonnaise sandwich on wholemeal. Carrot sticks, apple, raspberries.

Evening meal - Something completely free, such as a curry recipe from the magazine, or free bolognase/cottage pie/egg and beans, and so on.

No syns apart from the sandwich. I would only have to do this 4 out of 7 days, as the weekends are fine and I come home before lunch on wednesdays.

I just need to know the amount of syns in an average egg mayo sandwich on wholemeal, and if I can deduct syns for the wholemeal if I count it as a HexB.

Please help me, because I'm getting so down about my weight. I can't describe the disappointment I felt when I didn't lose any weight my first week. My boyfriend's friend's mum got slimmer of the week this week, and it just felt like salt in a wound.

I know nobody can do this for me, I am the one who has to resist temptation and stick to it. I just need a little help figuring out how.

SpaceAngel likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi hun, where do you plan on buying the sandwich?

4. PinkToaster

Diet:
    A local bakery. The nearest supermarket doesn't do sandwiches on wholemeal. I know that makes it more difficult.

5. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thats a nuisance because you will have no idea of how many syns you are using, your idea would work, but I think you would soon be in a rut again, as one of the secrets to a good result on this plan is variety, could'nt you have yoghurt and fruit at breakfast, and take an Asda GFY tuna & pasta salad 2.5 syns on green (IE) for lunch and then have lots of scope when you get home? do you have a food directory?

6. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    what is your nearest supermarket?

7. PinkToaster

Diet:
    No I don't, and I'm a vegetarian which limits the sandwich options. Plus I'm a picky vegetarian which limits them even more, I don't like cheese or onion. :s

8. PinkToaster

Diet:
    Somerfield. Last time I checked their sandwiches were on white.

9. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Do you eat fish? I know some peeps who call themselves veggie, when it is only meat they don't eat!

10. PinkToaster

Diet:
    No, I don't eat fish. :)

11. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    cant you make an egg mayo sand to take to work? that way u can use the bread as hex and lite mayo ect.

12. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    also if you have access to a kettle u could have a mugshot which some are free and meat free and swap it between sandwich and that.

maybe make some pasta with a tomato sauce for tea and hav left overs at work?

13. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Just checked my directory and Somerfield egg sarnies are very high in syns!!!!

14. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Agreeing with Sm1ler noodle mugshots are free, and nice.

15. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    what about the quorn slices on a a sarnie, they have the chicken, ham and turkey style ones.

16. wayneonadiet

wayneonadiet Full Member

I wonder if eating more would help? I had a couple of green days last week and ate loads and still lost. I always try and have both healthy A's and B's to get the calcium and fibre, both of which are suppposed to make the weight go quicker.

Don't to be too despondant, the weight will come off eventually, you've got a forum full of people to help you along!

Nanny Jax likes this.
  17. PinkToaster

Diet:
    I have been eating the quorn ham in hovis/nimble wholemeal for lunch and it just doesn't fill me up. I've taken carrots, quorn picnic eggs, home made crisps, rasperries, strawberries, alpen light bars, all kinds of things to eat with it but it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's my body adjusting, I don't know, but I always always feel deprived and end up buying something I shouldn't.
    I don't have access to a kettle or any hot water, I checked. I should make a suggestion to the college...

I feel like I'm just making excuses but I'm honestly not. It's difficult to stick to a plan when you're left to your own devices at lunch. I started slimming world the week before college, and during that week I managed to stick to Food Optimising 100% with the exception of Pizza Hut which was unavoidable. I think that's why I didn't lose any weight. It was terrible timing.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    if your own sandwiches dont fill you up, why would a brought one??

20. PinkToaster

Diet:
    I don't know. More filling in them perhaps? More appetising? Sandwiches tend to wilt when they've been in your bag for 5 hours.

21. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    dont feel like ur making excuses coz we all know its hard at different places/times.
    you menu looks great APART from the brought sandwich.
    you cant really deduct the bread because its normally more then a 400g loaf of bread ect.
    we are all here for advice and support hun, this is a supportive and friendly group. :D

22. sm1ler

sm1ler Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    maybe get a cool bad, u can get em from the £ shop, put a yog and a home made sand in it and u dont need a fridge then

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.