Attack Sams Dukan Diary

zakcat

OK so here I am, post weekend away, eaten soo much food and raring to go with my start on Dukan tomorrow. Have to say am glad I only have to get through 5 days with just PP.

Feeling really motiviated and hope it stays that way. Have been reading up and asking questions, everybody seems to be really successful on the diet and I really like the fact you're not eating like this for life but learning a way of eating well and managing your weight for life.

In his book Dr Dukan tells us that dieting is really bad for your health, particularly your heart so this is going to be the last diet I will do EVER :rolleyes:.

good luck :D

Right then, first day over with successfully. Feeling a little nauseous but was expecting that. Menu was as follows:

Two poached eggs and some leftover bacon medallions, really cannot work out if the bacon is allowed because I know pork isn't but they were devoid of fat and had to be finished off.

Beef strips with mustard
Fat free plain yogurt

Oat bran porridge (yummy)

Big gym visit, lots of water and green tea.

Managed to wangle another day off so only two Attack days will be work ones.

Yes the porridge is very morish, good start....I'm not an expert and have had bacon but I think the Dukeners are concerned about the salt content of bacon aswell as fat on the bacon. If I'm wrong someone will say they are excellent motivators on this site x good luck x

Zakcat - welcome! Indeed, as Sididd says, bacon is very salty, but you've now finished your leftovers up so no worries.

I don't know the quantities of meat you've eaten but, to me, it doesn't look as if you're eating enough protein for your current weight. If you're not hungry, don't force, but the best way to eat more protein is to compose little starters, mains and desserts, as he does in the book. A bit of a faff for midweek though, I grant you ;)

I trust you only had 1.5 tablespoons of oatbran in your porridge. A very small quantity of food for "dinner", I thought.

Good luck!

Yes the porridge is very morish, good start....I'm not an expert and have had bacon but I think the Dukeners are concerned about the salt content of bacon aswell as fat on the bacon. If I'm wrong someone will say they are excellent motivators on this site x good luck x

Thanks Sididd,

The bacon was a one off, it needed using up and was medallions without any fat so I'm not stressing too much. Lost 0.6kg :D, good start. Boiled eggs for breakfast, not the same without buttered toast :jelous:

Its suprising how fast you stop missing bread or it was in my case x good luck x

Zakcat - welcome! Indeed, as Sididd says, bacon is very salty, but you've now finished your leftovers up so no worries.

I don't know the quantities of meat you've eaten but, to me, it doesn't look as if you're eating enough protein for your current weight. If you're not hungry, don't force, but the best way to eat more protein is to compose little starters, mains and desserts, as he does in the book. A bit of a faff for midweek though, I grant you ;)

I trust you only had 1.5 tablespoons of oatbran in your porridge. A very small quantity of food for "dinner", I thought.

Good luck!

Thanks Maintainer ( read lots of your posts -you're very insipirational :))

Yes only 1.5 tblsps, I did follow it up with a packet of ham as I was still peckish.

Today:

B: 2 x boiled eggs

L: Lemon and pepper smoked salmon and a Vanilla yogurt

D: Steak with fajita seasoning, plain yogurt and will have my porridge later.

Have been destroying my attic bedroom with the builder today, really hard work so pretty much full day of exercise :cool:

Hi Zakcat !

Welcome to the board :)

Boiled eggs for breakfast, not the same without buttered toast :jelous:

Once you're onto cruise and can have 2 tablespoons of oatbran you could make the Dukan Bread :) it's in the recipe section and could possibly toast for your boiled egg :) - worth a go!

Have been destroying my attic bedroom with the builder today, really hard work so pretty much full day of exercise :cool:

This is my favourite kind of exercise, the productive kind!

Keep up the good work hun - menu's are looking great :) x

take it easy hun, try to eat little and often it's important to stay in keto and not end up ravenous and go for something you shouldn't

Remember to keep hydrated :) xx

try and eat small amount and keep drinking plenty fluids... once you come out the other side you will be buzzing ;)

Well I survived Day 3 and lost another 0.6kg yesterday. Tried the little and often and have eaten ok, not huge amounts but tried to keep it little and often. I did make the beef flan however and its to die for, I ate half of it whilst waiting for my chicken to cook :p, good job because the chicken was dry and flavourless.

Builder only in for two more days then I can put a bit more effort in on the recipe front.

Yeah flan and building dust not a good combo x

lol... i survived on building dust with my oatbran at the start... infact i had it with every meal LOL

Must have been a busy day in Diaries I'm halfway down the page :D

Another Dukan flu day, hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow (my last day of Attack :D). I love the fact my Attack is only five days, it feels like a good thing emotionally to move onto Stage Two and really spurs me on.

Still craving red pepper and have one sitting in my kitchen looking all bright and crisp :p.

Not eaten enough again today although I did make up for it at dinner time with the other half of the Meat flan, yum yum. I don't really like the name though its not very appetizing so I'm going to christen in Italian meat loaf.

Going to attempt gallettes for breakfast, sweet ones.

Posting this separately as I'm desperately trying to get my post count to 50.

I am the Dukan Diet queen today (self named if you don't mind :D).

I went into my neighbour earlier to drop something off. She was eating this kind of cheesecake type mousse desert, it looked amazing with a choc biscuit base and pretty cream swirls piped around the edge, a real work of art.

She told me it was amazing and that I should grab a plate and have some. I said NO. In my head I was thinking I could just have a tsp of it to taste but I knew if I did that I wouldn't stop, I left very quickly feeling very proud of myself.

Well done Zakcat keeping away from the evil temptations lol what you going to do with that pepper tomorrow ?

Welcome to cruise phase Sam :)...well done for exercising your resistance muscle yesterday....enjoy your red pepper! xx

Back