Sara Phoenix's SW diary

saraphoenix

Hi all,

Thought I would join in with making a diary to keep me focused!!
I rejoined Slimming World on 8.1.15, and weighed in at 13 stone 6.5lbs. Having put on 3 stone in a year due to medication for bipolar!
My first weigh in was last week, and I lost a cracking 3.5lbs, so now weigh 13 stone 3.
Tomorrow will be my second weigh in, and I'm kinda dreading it. Been time of the month this week, so feel really bloated and yuk! I've stuck to plan though and not gone over syns, so fingers crossed. Even if I maintain I'll take that! I just don't want a gain!!
So fingers crossed for me tomorrow lovely people, and I'll be back to update after group!! :)

Sara xox

Lost another 1lb this week :) so total weight lost so far is 4.5lbs, and left to lose is 30lbs. So determined!

Thanks ladies, fingers crossed! It's going in the right direction so far! :)

Weigh in #3; -1.5lbs

Total weight lost so far: 6lbs

I am a little disappointed, as I really wanted my 1/2 stone award and to get into the next stone bracket by the end of this month. But, a loss is a loss and considering I've quit smoking this week and eaten more than usual, I'll take it. Here's to another loss next week, and hopefully that award will be mine!!

Well done on your weght loss so far.... fingers crossed you get your 1/2 stone award this week

I see you quit smoking last week... how are you finding that is effecting your diet so far? x

Well done on your weght loss so far.... fingers crossed you get your 1/2 stone award this week

I see you quit smoking last week... how are you finding that is effecting your diet so far? x

First week it didn't seem to affect much, as I'd kept within my syns every day. Still lost 1.5lbs. So am hoping I'm doing something right this week too!

4th weigh in - +1/2lb.

Am totally gutted; have worked so hard this week, been bang on plan and yet still gained. It's really gotten me down. I've stuffed my face with junk tonight, and am drawing the line and starting again tomorrow. I do believe * week is imminent next week, so am hoping it's just because of that. I hate being a woman sometimes!!

Hey folks,

So, I'm really struggling with Slimming World this time around; I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into like I did last time, and feel I need something else.
With that said, I've decided to stop going to SW group, as it feels like I'm just wasting a fiver every week just to get weighed. I never stay to the group session afterwards, as I just don't feel I want to this time. I guess my head isn't really in the game as they say.

My new plan is this - to follow SW at home, but also incorporate the 5:2 diet in there as well. I've done it once before, and it kick-started my weight loss journey before I joined SW. I'm hoping I'll get better results, and get to the weight that I want to be.

As well as doing this, I'm going to be less fixated on the number on the scales, and more focused on the way my body changes. I'm going to be working out every day, so I'll probably find that my weight won't go down so fast, as I'll be building muscle instead; but that's okay. If you've ever heard of a workout called Insanity, that's what I'll be doing. It's a very intense workout programme, done over 60 days. The results I've seen from it have been amazing. People have reported weight losses of 60lbs or more. Admittedly I don't want nor need to lose that much, but if it helps me shift the 29lbs that I need to lose then I'll be happy.

I hope you'll still follow me on my journey, even though I'm going it alone now. The more support I can get the better though!

Thanks for reading :)

Good luck with your new journey :)
1/2 on is a teeny gain so don't be too disheartened.
I've heard great things about combining SW with 5:2.
X

I've kind of taken a couple of days out to re-energise myself. I guess I did take it too hard with my gain, but after working so hard I'd hoped to lose. Ah well, will see how the next few weeks go! Thanks for sticking with me ladies :)

I know how you feel as I maintained last week and I've been 100% on plan and working out for an hour a day. My consultant has been so supportive and without her I'm sure I would have binged.
If you ever want to go back to group but fancy a change of location, the one I go to is amazing ;)

I know how you feel as I maintained last week and I've been 100% on plan and working out for an hour a day. My consultant has been so supportive and without her I'm sure I would have binged.
If you ever want to go back to group but fancy a change of location, the one I go to is amazing ;)

Which one do you go to hun?

Getting so frustrated with my consultant!! Have text her twice now to ask her for a holiday this week as I can't afford to go to group. But she still hasn't replied. I don't feel supported at all and haven't since the beginning. After my holiday I'm definitely changing groups, can't be doing with it any more.

Finding a group with a supportive consultant can sometimes be the key that spurs you on to success. Definitely find a new group if you don't feel supported.

My consultant is an absolute gem! Youi really feel like she is sharing your journey with you.... she txt when you are absent and takes a real interest in what is going on in your life too. I sometime weigh in at a different group near my work for ease and the consultant there is a lot like yours sounds and there is no way i would choose to go there and call it my official group x

Back