Sarah will be a yummy mummy at 30!

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi everyone,

Well my little story, after messing around with slimming world on and off, joining a class in 2006 and doing it myself after that, in 2010 I managed to lose 2 stone on slimming world, getting me down to just over 14 stone and a size 16.
Then in January 2011 I became pregnant, with intentions there to be healthy, these went out the window feeling nauseous, going off a lot of things, and a generally rough pregnancy with pelvis and hip problems, swollen everything, carpal tunnel syndrome and high blood pressure. I basically used all these as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and all the weight I'd lost came back!

So 5 months after giving birth to my princess Isabella, the fact that none of my clothes fit is really starting to get to me! I'm all flabby and had to buy my first pair of size 20 jeans now my hips and bum have spread so much.
So my plan is to follow slimming world principles roughly, but not too tightly as I often don't have time to cook. I'll also be carrying on with my new years resolution... Cooking all the recipes out of Delia's complete cookery collection and blogging about it (like the film Julie and Julia). Except originally my target was to do it in a year, but I'm increasing this to 2 years so I can try and eat healthily too (all of Delia's butter, cream, oil doesn't really help with this!).

I also want to start exercising. I already do a lot of walking with the pram, probably 3 miles a day, but my body seems immune to this. However it's tricky finding the time as Bella only naps for 20mins a time so can't do a lot at home. I plan to join a buggy fit class in my local park, and also take up jogging hopefully (this will only be if Bella starts sleeping better as my energy levels usually dip in the evening). I plan to follow a couch25k programme to do it gradually.

So targets wise, I turn 30 next March and we're going to be booking a nice holiday, not sure what type yet though. I really fancy an all inclusive in the sun though and would love to be a size 14 by then. I don't really know what weight that would be though, I think I'd need to drop under 13 stone. If this is the case I've got just under a year to lose 3 stone, hmmm seems tough but I'll give it a go!

I'm not sure what I'll be using this diary for, certainly to track my losses, but perhaps also to post a food diary. I think I'll just see how it goes...

Hello Sarah :)

Just popping in to say Hi and good luck, I'll be following your diary to see how you're getting on :)

Hi Sarah, Ive started my diary today too... it is so hard to work things like excercise around children, you run out of hours in the day or youre just too tired to do it!!! I hated turning 30 just over a year ago I felt more like 40! So good luck with your losses and look forward to that holiday.
Den x

Thanks girls :)
Well it's been a bit of an odd start, as I've had a bad tummy bug yesterday and this morning, thanks to my darling daughter!
So didn't eat barely anything yesterday, and today all I've had is a small bag of hula hoops, a mugshot and dinner was a breaded chicken escalope, new pots and peas... None very diet friendly but all I could stomach.

Hopefully it'll be out of my system by tomorrow so I can eat properly and get out too!

Hi Sarah,

I have the same sort of goal as you (though slightly shorter time frame at first) and the same amount to loseish.

Good luck with it - I agree it's about eating better, moving more, must be very difficult with such a gorgeous little baby though!

I've started doing c25k and if you do have 30 mins spare then it's definitely worth it. My hope is aftera few weeks I love it, exercise all the time and then be a skinny minny in 10minutes - that would be lovely!

Just popping in to say Hi and good luck

Back