Sarah's calorie counting diary - 51lb gone - 59lb to go - Week 1.......

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
Hi,

Well I have come back to calorie counting after taking a few months out, dabbling in different plans, but I think calorie counting is going to be the only way forward for me. I do love the old fashioned way of calorie counting as it keeps things simple and takes me back to basics. I gained weight by eating too many calories and not exercising enough, so surely if I reverse this I will lose the 56lbs I have left :confused:

I do have the added complication of migraine medication and complex hormone inbalance which makes me gain weight and retain water so I know I will find it difficult but its got to go!! I also have a knee injury that can make exercise difficult but its hugely improved over this last 6 months so Im hopeful I can continue with improving :)

I have just done 2 weeks of the cambridge plan so Im waiting for my weight to stabilize now Im back eating food but I am going to go straight into calorie counting.

My plan is to eat 1500 calories a day and exercise 500 calories a day to hopefully result in a 2lb loss a week. My TDEE says I need 2000 calories to maintain so the 1000 calorie a day deficit is whats required for that 2lb loss.

I have already lost almost half my gain with calorie counting in the past but I hit a long term wall and couldnt lose which was really frustrating :mad: but I feel focused and ready to shift this last 4 stone!!!

Lets do this!! :D

Sarah x

Last edited:
Oh wow, congrats on your loss so far!
& good luck with the next chapter in your weight loss journey!

Hi,

Aw thank you ladies, its great to have the support and kind words!! Yes Donna, im also an Essex chick :) I hope to offer any advice and ideas where I can :) Im quite excited about starting my new chapter, cant say im too excited about my first weigh in though as I did 2 weeks on SS+ with the cambridge plan before this week so im likely to gain this week I think. But i expect that and il keep it as minimal as i can :) I did have a little look on my scale today and im only 1lb up so thats not bad at all!! If i work really hard, I could even get that off before mondays weigh in :) Wouldnt that be fantastic eh lol

I hope your all having a great week :) xx

hi hun - its good you are prepared for the gain - so really next week will be your first official week then, keep your diary up to date, I love being nosey and pinching ideas for meals

have fab weekend xx

Yeah I am prepared for a gain but only a little one lol Iv not been weighed yet as iv been poorly with migraines :( But iv stayed on track, stuck to my 1500 calories as planned but not been able to do the 500 cal exercise a day as planned for obvious reasons. I have made sure im more active where I can to try and help but when im down with migraine its soooo hard!! :( Im going to come back later and have a nosey myself and catch up as not been on here for what feels like ages!!! Thank you for your message, I do really appreciate your support :) x

Hi Sarah-Louise - how;'s it going?

Hiya hunnie,

Well im still counting those calories but not had chance to get weighed still as iv been so poorly with recurrent migraines, like every day!! But i have now got my much needed consultant appointment next month so im hoping they can sort me out :)

Im drawing up an exercise schedule as we speak as i need that structure then i cant talk myself out of it lol 500 cal burn a day is my goal :)

How are you doing Donna? Iv not really been online much at all lately cos of being ill and poor net connection so iv alot to catch up on!! :) x

Sarah's calorie counting diary - 54lb gone - 56lb to go - Week 1.......

Hiya. Looking coward to snooping on your thread lol. Good luck with your last few pounds xxx

Hiya hunnie,

Well im still counting those calories but not had chance to get weighed still as iv been so poorly with recurrent migraines, like every day!! But i have now got my much needed consultant appointment next month so im hoping they can sort me out :)

Im drawing up an exercise schedule as we speak as i need that structure then i cant talk myself out of it lol 500 cal burn a day is my goal :)

How are you doing Donna? Iv not really been online much at all lately cos of being ill and poor net connection so iv alot to catch up on!! :) x
Oh you poor thing - wish you better, migraines are nasty!

500cals a day is a lot! what are you planning on doing? Don't aim too high - set yourself a smaller goal and increase each week xxx

Well I had a bit of a shock, I finally accepted my scales were dead and got new ones - we are all 10lbs heavier than we thought - that's life tho isn't it xxx

Here's to a good week - and get yourself weighed asap - I'm impatient lol xxx

Hiya. Looking coward to snooping on your thread lol. Good luck with your last few pounds xxx

Hiya, Thank you for the peek lol and for your best wishes. This dieting bussiness is sooo hard!! Every year older i get, the harder it is lol It really is now or never for me now!! Wishing you all the best too, pop by any time, I really appreciate the support and will of course offer it back too :) xx

Oh you poor thing - wish you better, migraines are nasty!

500cals a day is a lot! what are you planning on doing? Don't aim too high - set yourself a smaller goal and increase each week xxx

Well I had a bit of a shock, I finally accepted my scales were dead and got new ones - we are all 10lbs heavier than we thought - that's life tho isn't it xxx

Here's to a good week - and get yourself weighed asap - I'm impatient lol xxx

Hey Donna, How are you now?? You off to a good week?

I finally got weighed today.....in 14st 10lb so a slight expected gain of 3 lbs, but I can live with that and hope to have it back off this week. I know a 500 cal burn is alot, but with my size its not to bad to reach it in all honesty, and I enjoy working out so its not as bad as it first sounds. Its been brought to my attention though that 1500 cals may not be enough, so im aiming for 1500-1700 depending on the day iv had as my BMR IS 1765 and my TDEE IS 2000 so somewhere in between is my goal. I aim to do a good mix up of stronglifts 5x5 programme, swimming, running, rowing, cycling, walking and HIIT. This is how i lost the first 4 stone so im hoping with better dedication Il get the next 3-4 stone off!!

Oh new scales are a nightmare for the shock treatment, mine did that to me a few years ago!! But its best to know and at least now you can focus on getting it off rather than not know lol

What you got planned this week, anything on your adgenda?? xx

Quick update.....

As iv recently come off the cambridge diet plan, it was expected id have a little gain now im back on food, so I finally got weighed and im now 14st 10lb which is a 3lb gain. So now I know, Im going to draw a line under that and take now as my new start so im starting on a level playing field so to speak :)

re cap of my plan......Eat 1500-1700 calories a day, exercise 500 calories a day and to combine cardio with some weights but Il only count the cardio calories as its hard to know the exact calories burned with lifting.

Food diary so far.....

Breakfast - 50g fruit and fibre with 1/4 pt skimmed milk
Snack - Small banana
Lunch - simply ham sandwich from boots with a packet of french fries and diet coke. Total so far 700 calories :)

Im out for tea tonight as meeting up with a friend who is to become my new childminder but i will choose wisely and hope to do todays training tonight followed by a nice hot bath and earlyish night!! :) Oh dont you just love it when a plan comes together :)

Have a great day everyone xxx

You know what they say about well laid plans LOL xx Hope you have a good night with your friend xx

Just a quick update....

Its not been going so well for me :( I just find it so hard counting calories when Im short of time so I guess-timate which isnt good :( So.....today I joined weightwatchers as it has a little structure but has the flexibility for me as I can follow the plan that doesnt involve counting much :) Im really excited for my first weigh in next sunday as im sure il do well on this plan....but i guess we will soon find out!!

Wish me luck!! :)

I hope everyone is doing well, im going to go have a little carch up now as iv not been on here for about a week!! xx

Good luck with ww. Remember to keep in touch with us xxx

Good luck with ww. Remember to keep in touch with us xxx

Aw thank you, I will indeed :) I just sent you a friend request too :) xx

Back