Sarah's Lose Weight and Get Fit Diary!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xsarahx, 9 April 2010 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi everyone,

So I started a week and a half ago, and I have lost 4lbs. Really happy with that as I only did about 5 days well, the rest was a lot of chocolate eating!

Getting back in to it properly today though!

Will be using this thread as a diary of my food and exercise and hopefully people will comment!

Sarah x

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fat_to_fab

fat_to_fab Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi Sarah!

Welcome aboard!

This time last year i weighed more than you do, and lost nearly 3 stone! I put a stone back on so i was up to 15 and a half stone but been calorie counting again now for 2 weeks & im down to 15 stone! All this rambling is just to say it can be done, & we can do it!

I wish you all the luck in the world!

xx

4. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for your support. I really want to do it this time! I have written out a huge list of all the benefits it will give me, and hopefully this will motivate me!
    How many calories are you having a day? I am thinking of aiming for 1200.

5. fat_to_fab

fat_to_fab Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thats a good calorie intake i think, im aiming for the same! although some days its a little more & some days a little less!

The list of benefits sounds like a good idea, may have to try that myself! :)

xx

6. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Hello there,

As you can see on my signature, I already know the benefits but alas lost sight of them temporarily... :cry:

Back in the saddle now though and looking to go back to good old calorie counting... with a low carb tendency as I really don't do well with them and tend to overeat them!

What kind of exercise are you aiming for? I walk... lots... but that's it. Have tried other things in the past but find them all a bore so prefer sticking to something I like... or at least something I'll do (cos I get up early to walk to work and usually am not awake enough to find myself excuses not to...)

I've a stone to lose... and given that I put it on in a month, wouldn't it be great if it'd go that quickly too? Alas the maths never quite goes that way...

7. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well, at the moment I am planning on doing some workout DVDs. I did one this morning which was 50 minutes and really worked up a sweat! I have also have the Wii Fit but will only do that when no-one else is around! I need to get my bike fixed and will go out on that more!

I live near the beach so also want to start doing more walking.

8. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yesterday was an interesting day food and exercise wise! I only ate 835 calories. I was saving for a nice dinner but I got called in to work, so that messed that up!

I started the day with an exercise DVD and then did 6 hours waitressing, so this burnt 791 calories (as my food tracker tells me!) - so I have basically almost evened out food/exercise which I don't think is very good!

However, Mum bought me a pasty from Cornwall so I am planning on having that for lunch. I got up quite late and did an exercise DVD, so missed breakfast, so think I should be able to have it!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

9. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Urgh yesterday was horrible!

I started the day well, still feeling really confident about the whole CC - did an exercise DVD but had a pasty for lunch - still OK, estimated it to be about 600kcal being over generous!

Then spent the afternoon with my two cousins - one an 18 year old very skinny girl, and one a 5 year old. Five year old says - "She is really skinny but you are really fat"! Proceeds to say it a few times.... kids! I was upset, but what upset me more is that I know she wasn't being mean - shes a 5 year old and they just say what they see without thinking!!

Must have gone way over my calorie limit due to a big night out last night, but combined with the fact that I have had not many calories recently, plus the exercise I have been doing and the hours of dancing last night, I don't think it should be too bad!

Think the issue now is the need for greasy hangover food - I will resist!

10. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Doesn't seem to be many people here...?!

Oh well, I will keep this diary up as a way of motivating myself!

Have been doing OK on the food/exercise front. Had a bit of a blip last night when I had some toast with peanut butter and syrup.... no idea how I came up with that combination! However, I had been working for 5 hours running around on my feet so think I porbably burnt most of it off then!

Weighed myself today and have lost 3lbs - that makes it 7;bs in a week and a half. Very pleased with this, although I know that I often lose a fair amount in my first week. Hopefully I can keep it up. So scared that I will find some excuse to stop the diet, as I usually do, but I think it has come to a point now where I know I need to do something.

Using Food Focus a lot and find this really helps, and am loving seeing my weight loss charted.

So... lost my first half stone, in to the 16 stone bracket and have dropped a couple of BMI points - all is good! :)

Would love to hear from others as I think and hope we can all motivate eachother.

Sarah x

11. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well done on the loss Sarah! x

12. kyliet

kyliet Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(21.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Sarah you are doing great!! xx

13. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks everyone! I am really pleased with myself!

This week has been quite easy as I am on my Easter break so I have been able to have lie-ins... missing breakfast! And I have had lots of time to exercise. I think it will be difficult when I am back at college... just need to try to find the right balance.

Today has been good so far. Missed breakfast, was actually going to have it but forgot had a driving lesson so it was lunchtime by the time I was back. Had a nice filling lunch:

Melba Toast - 75cal
    Salad Cheese (60g) - 72cal
    Pitta bread - 150cal
    Ham - 30cal
    Dip - 70cal

So I am feeling nice and filled up!

I have bought some Diet Coke, partly to get me through an all nighter of coursework tonight, but also because I find it a good substitute when I really fancy something sweet!

Sarah x

14. Loveheart

Loveheart Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Keep up the good work! your doing really well! If you have any tips for me then please let me know! I need some recipie ideas for dinners! :)... xx

15. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    My dinners have so far been very uninspiring!

However, tonights was very yummy and filling and I intend to have it again soon! I had 3 fish fingers, loads of salad with some low fat dressing, and about 4 new potatoes and it came to 274 calories!

16. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    well done sarah your doing great! x

17. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks! I'm really pleased with my half a stone weight loss - can't wait for my next weigh in!

18. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    i'm really exited aswell, seems like i've been putting in 100% this week. i always look forward to weigh in when ive been gd.

19. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I had a sneaky peek last night actually and looked like another 1lb weight loss in a day - very pleased with that! Need to make sure I only weigh myself once a week though otherwise I will disappoint myself!

20. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    well done for that. i tend to step on the scales everytime i go in the bathroom which is a really bad thing for me, but i only record the weight i get on monday mornings, i can't wait until then!

21. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    So today, I have so far had:

Breakfast: none
    Lunch: pitta bread, salad cheese, melba toast, sour cream and chive dip and some ham - 418cal (I think this is quite a lot for a lunch but it keeps me full until dinner and is really tasty)
    Dinner: I plan to have 3 fish fingers, 4 new potatoes and lots of salad with fat free dressing - 274cal

That only adds up to about 700, so I will probably have a snack in the evening.

I have done a 40 minute exercise DVD this morning.

I am very stressed at the moment - I am as far in to my overdraft as I can go which is stressing me out. I am also waiting on exam results and if I fail the exam then I will have to wait another year to go to uni. I have lots of work for college, and we just found out a family member has cancer. Plus I have boy problems... but who doesn't?!

Usually I would probably find myself reaching for some chocolate and definitely some snakcs to get me through the long studying periods I am having, so I am really pleased with myself at the moment for resisting.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.