Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sarah's Lose Weight and Get Fit Diary!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xsarahx, 9 April 2010 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi everyone,

So I started a week and a half ago, and I have lost 4lbs. Really happy with that as I only did about 5 days well, the rest was a lot of chocolate eating!

Getting back in to it properly today though!

Will be using this thread as a diary of my food and exercise and hopefully people will comment!

Sarah x

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fat_to_fab

fat_to_fab Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi Sarah!

Welcome aboard!

This time last year i weighed more than you do, and lost nearly 3 stone! I put a stone back on so i was up to 15 and a half stone but been calorie counting again now for 2 weeks & im down to 15 stone! All this rambling is just to say it can be done, & we can do it!

I wish you all the luck in the world!

xx

4. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for your support. I really want to do it this time! I have written out a huge list of all the benefits it will give me, and hopefully this will motivate me!
    How many calories are you having a day? I am thinking of aiming for 1200.

5. fat_to_fab

fat_to_fab Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thats a good calorie intake i think, im aiming for the same! although some days its a little more & some days a little less!

The list of benefits sounds like a good idea, may have to try that myself! :)

xx

6. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Hello there,

As you can see on my signature, I already know the benefits but alas lost sight of them temporarily... :cry:

Back in the saddle now though and looking to go back to good old calorie counting... with a low carb tendency as I really don't do well with them and tend to overeat them!

What kind of exercise are you aiming for? I walk... lots... but that's it. Have tried other things in the past but find them all a bore so prefer sticking to something I like... or at least something I'll do (cos I get up early to walk to work and usually am not awake enough to find myself excuses not to...)

I've a stone to lose... and given that I put it on in a month, wouldn't it be great if it'd go that quickly too? Alas the maths never quite goes that way...

7. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well, at the moment I am planning on doing some workout DVDs. I did one this morning which was 50 minutes and really worked up a sweat! I have also have the Wii Fit but will only do that when no-one else is around! I need to get my bike fixed and will go out on that more!

I live near the beach so also want to start doing more walking.

8. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yesterday was an interesting day food and exercise wise! I only ate 835 calories. I was saving for a nice dinner but I got called in to work, so that messed that up!

I started the day with an exercise DVD and then did 6 hours waitressing, so this burnt 791 calories (as my food tracker tells me!) - so I have basically almost evened out food/exercise which I don't think is very good!

However, Mum bought me a pasty from Cornwall so I am planning on having that for lunch. I got up quite late and did an exercise DVD, so missed breakfast, so think I should be able to have it!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

9. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Urgh yesterday was horrible!

I started the day well, still feeling really confident about the whole CC - did an exercise DVD but had a pasty for lunch - still OK, estimated it to be about 600kcal being over generous!

Then spent the afternoon with my two cousins - one an 18 year old very skinny girl, and one a 5 year old. Five year old says - "She is really skinny but you are really fat"! Proceeds to say it a few times.... kids! I was upset, but what upset me more is that I know she wasn't being mean - shes a 5 year old and they just say what they see without thinking!!

Must have gone way over my calorie limit due to a big night out last night, but combined with the fact that I have had not many calories recently, plus the exercise I have been doing and the hours of dancing last night, I don't think it should be too bad!

Think the issue now is the need for greasy hangover food - I will resist!

10. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Doesn't seem to be many people here...?!

Oh well, I will keep this diary up as a way of motivating myself!

Have been doing OK on the food/exercise front. Had a bit of a blip last night when I had some toast with peanut butter and syrup.... no idea how I came up with that combination! However, I had been working for 5 hours running around on my feet so think I porbably burnt most of it off then!

Weighed myself today and have lost 3lbs - that makes it 7;bs in a week and a half. Very pleased with this, although I know that I often lose a fair amount in my first week. Hopefully I can keep it up. So scared that I will find some excuse to stop the diet, as I usually do, but I think it has come to a point now where I know I need to do something.

Using Food Focus a lot and find this really helps, and am loving seeing my weight loss charted.

So... lost my first half stone, in to the 16 stone bracket and have dropped a couple of BMI points - all is good! :)

Would love to hear from others as I think and hope we can all motivate eachother.

Sarah x

11. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well done on the loss Sarah! x

12. kyliet

kyliet Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(21.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Sarah you are doing great!! xx

13. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks everyone! I am really pleased with myself!

This week has been quite easy as I am on my Easter break so I have been able to have lie-ins... missing breakfast! And I have had lots of time to exercise. I think it will be difficult when I am back at college... just need to try to find the right balance.

Today has been good so far. Missed breakfast, was actually going to have it but forgot had a driving lesson so it was lunchtime by the time I was back. Had a nice filling lunch:

Melba Toast - 75cal
    Salad Cheese (60g) - 72cal
    Pitta bread - 150cal
    Ham - 30cal
    Dip - 70cal

So I am feeling nice and filled up!

I have bought some Diet Coke, partly to get me through an all nighter of coursework tonight, but also because I find it a good substitute when I really fancy something sweet!

Sarah x

14. Loveheart

Loveheart Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Keep up the good work! your doing really well! If you have any tips for me then please let me know! I need some recipie ideas for dinners! :)... xx

15. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    My dinners have so far been very uninspiring!

However, tonights was very yummy and filling and I intend to have it again soon! I had 3 fish fingers, loads of salad with some low fat dressing, and about 4 new potatoes and it came to 274 calories!

16. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    well done sarah your doing great! x

17. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks! I'm really pleased with my half a stone weight loss - can't wait for my next weigh in!

18. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    i'm really exited aswell, seems like i've been putting in 100% this week. i always look forward to weigh in when ive been gd.

19. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I had a sneaky peek last night actually and looked like another 1lb weight loss in a day - very pleased with that! Need to make sure I only weigh myself once a week though otherwise I will disappoint myself!

20. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    well done for that. i tend to step on the scales everytime i go in the bathroom which is a really bad thing for me, but i only record the weight i get on monday mornings, i can't wait until then!

21. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    So today, I have so far had:

Breakfast: none
    Lunch: pitta bread, salad cheese, melba toast, sour cream and chive dip and some ham - 418cal (I think this is quite a lot for a lunch but it keeps me full until dinner and is really tasty)
    Dinner: I plan to have 3 fish fingers, 4 new potatoes and lots of salad with fat free dressing - 274cal

That only adds up to about 700, so I will probably have a snack in the evening.

I have done a 40 minute exercise DVD this morning.

I am very stressed at the moment - I am as far in to my overdraft as I can go which is stressing me out. I am also waiting on exam results and if I fail the exam then I will have to wait another year to go to uni. I have lots of work for college, and we just found out a family member has cancer. Plus I have boy problems... but who doesn't?!

Usually I would probably find myself reaching for some chocolate and definitely some snakcs to get me through the long studying periods I am having, so I am really pleased with myself at the moment for resisting.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.