Sarah's Quest to be a Yummy Mummy

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi everyone,

Well my little story, after messing around with slimming world on and off, joining a class in 2006 and doing it myself after that, in 2010 I managed to lose 2 stone on slimming world, getting me down to just over 14 stone and a size 16.
Then in January 2011 I became pregnant, with intentions there to be healthy, these went out the window feeling nauseous, going off a lot of things, and a generally rough pregnancy with pelvis and hip problems, swollen everything, carpal tunnel syndrome and high blood pressure. I basically used all these as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and all the weight I'd lost came back!

So almost 6 months after giving birth to my princess Isabella, the fact that none of my clothes fit is really starting to get to me! I'm all flabby and had to buy my first pair of size 20 jeans now my hips and bum have spread so much.
So my plan is to start following slimming world again. Although I'm pretty flexible and wnt slimming world to fit into my life so won't get too down if I slip off the rails occasionally.

I also want to start exercising. I already do a lot of walking with the pram, probably 3 miles a day, but my body seems immune to this. However it's tricky finding the time as Bella only naps for 20mins a time so can't do a lot at home. I plan to join a buggy fit class in my local park, and also take up jogging hopefully (this will only be if Bella starts sleeping better as my energy levels usually dip in the evening). I plan to follow a couch25k programme to do it gradually.

So targets wise, I turn 30 next March and we're going to be booking a nice holiday, not sure what type yet though. I really fancy an all inclusive in the sun though and would love to be a size 14 by then. I don't really know what weight that would be though, I think I'd need to drop under 13 stone. If this is the case I've got just under a year to lose just over 3 stone, hmmm seems tough but I'll give it a go!

I would also love to be able to fit into all my 18's again by the time we go on our first family holiday on 30th April and would love to have lost a stone. But in four weeks? I'll give it a go!

I'm not sure what I'll be using this diary for, certainly to track my losses, but perhaps also to post a food diary. I think I'll just see how it goes...

Forgot to ay probably not the best week to be starting as I have a few hurdles...

Thursday my MIL is having the baby so we are going on a very rare date night - McDonald's and cinema. So I'll have to see what the reasonable options are at McDonald's.
Then Friday we're having lunch and drinks at our local with my SIL and niece.
And Saturday we've got a birthday party/ Easter egg hunt.

Anyway I'll try my best and not let these turn into whole weekend blow outs!

Today's food diary (I will post a food diary whenever I have chance, helps me keep track!

Monday 2nd April - Mix2Max

Breakfast (neutral):
3 egg omelette with tomato and 28g red Leicester (HEXA)

Lunch (green):
SF mixed bean chilli with brown rice and FF natural yoghurt

Dinner (red):
Chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and herbs
198g new pots (HEXB)
Mixed Salad with pickles
HEXB of olive oil - half used in balsamic dressing, half with new potatoes

strawberries, splenda and ice cream - 5.5 syns

Snacks / syns:
2 coffees with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Pear, strawberry activia snackpot

Total syns: 5.5

Last edited:
Really pleased with my day yesterday. Only syns were in ice cream for pud.

Right, day 2 and I'm feeling miserable, I've just started *week, only my second since having Bella, hoping its not as bad as last month - I was in as much pain as labour! Plus I've woken up with a streaming cold, yuck.

Tuesday 3rd April - green

Breakfast - WM roll (HEXB) with 'fried' egg, ketchup and spread - 1 syn

Lunch - syn free veg curry and brown rice and fat free yoghurt

Dinner - mixed veg egg fried rice. 1.5syn on sesame oil.
Followed by SF jelly - 0.5

Snacks/syns - milk in coffees (HEXA)
Banana
Peach activia snackpot

Total syns - 3
Oops - missing my second HEXB

Realised I'm a bit rice and egg heavy first couple of days!!

Last edited:
Another successful day yesterday!
Doing something very cheeky this morning... I'm joining slimming world just to pick up some up to date books. Mine are from 2006 so a bit out of date!

Can't commit to going to class though as it clashes with Bella's fave music and dance baby group. But we're not going today as my cold means I have zero energy and aching all over... So definitely not in the mood to dance the hokey cokey!

Well I joined, walking over 2 miles in the process.

To be honest I found them quite clicky and not very welcoming, but it was a big group.
Anyway I picked up the latest mag, the free branded food directory and 100 extra easy days.

And surprisingly I weighed the same on their scales as I did at home on Monday, I thought there'd be some fluctuation.

Anyhoo on with today...

Weds 4th April - mix to max (which the consultant told me we can't do anymore, but I'll continue if it works)

Breakfast - neutral
WM roll (HEXB)
28g cheese (HEXA)
Spread - 2syns

Lunch - green
Leftover egg fried rice - 0.5 syn

Dinner - red
Beef curry
Potato wedges (HEXB)
Strawberries with FF vanilla yoghurt

Snacks/syns:
Milk for coffees (HEXA)

Total syns: 2.5

Last edited:
Hi honey, lovely to hear from you, how are you doing?
And how's your sister and the baby?xx

I'm really good thanks, just moved house and I'm starting SW again at a new class tomorrow so feeling motivated.
My sister is doing amazingly well and Oliver is thriving, he's a lovely little boy, as are all my nephews, but he's super special :)
How is the beautiful Belle? Xx

So glad they're doing well, must be such a relief for your family. How's your little man doing?

Bella's doing fab - cant believe she's 6 months next week, where does the time go?! She's starting to sit up on her own now and really getting into her food too.

Glad you're joining, we can support each other!

Thursday 5th April - extra easy

Breakfast:
Banana, apple, FF vanilla yoghurt

Lunch:
tomato & herb pasta & sauce with extra veggies

Dinner:
Bad, bad, bad
Ended up picking up a French stick, some continental meats and cheeses and enjoying them with a couple of glasses of wine. Oh but I did have some grapes :)

Snacks/syns:
WM roll (HEXB) with cheese (HEXA), onion, spread - 2 syns
Coffee x 1 (0.5 syns)

Total: way too many syns!

Probably not going to the cinema now though as I'm still feeling really ill... Thinking now this cold is actually mild flu due to the amounts I'm aching

Last edited:
Oops naughty day yesterday. To be fair though I'd rather lose slowly with naughty days here and there, as it was very yummy!

Friday 6th April- red/extra easy

Breakfast - kinda (at 11.20!)
WM roll (HEXB) with spread, ham and syn free chutney, yum yum - 1 syn

Lunch:
Mozzarella, tomato and pesto panini, salad

Tea:
Pork stir fry
Either noodles or mixed pepper stir fry to go with depending on what day I have

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 2 - HEXA
Cadburys cream egg, galaxy egg, wine

Total syns: bad girl bad girl

Last edited:
Epic fail again today, started off well but then we went to wetherspoons for lunch and I had a panini with salad and some of hubby's chips, and a glass of wine.
Then my chocolate free weekend failed with our neighbour giving us some eggs for feeding the cats.
On the plus side stuck to plan for dinner.
Line drawn, better day tomorrow. We're visiting Margam Park tomorrow, a huge prk with lots of walks, animals etc. I've already prepared a syn free picnic. We may have an ice cream when we're there but I'll make a good selection!

Saturday 7th April - extra easy

Breakfast:
Banana

Lunch (picnic):
Spanish omelette
Chicken marinated in garlic and lemon
Hard boiled egg
Apple

Dinner:
Pasta with bacon, marinated chicken, mushrooms, creme fraiche & Parmesan sauce. Half HEXA for cheese, 4 syns

Snacks/syns:
Coffees (half HEXA)
Calippo shots - 1.5 syns
Wine - 10 syns

Total syns:15.5

Last edited:
Hi Sarah, good to see you back in the swing of it - I've not been on minimins for ages, just popped on for a browse and to try and get motivated. I've put on lots of lbs again and jsut can't haul myself back into self-discipline mode. Glad to read that Bella is doing well, even if she'll only kip for 20mins at a time!
Hope you enjoyed the picnic in the park :)

Hey honey glad to see you back! Missed you xx

Thanks juicylucy!

Been a bit lax on here to be honest, but even with some naughty days last week I'm pleased to report a probably undeserved 4.5lb loss on Monday for my first week!
Need to update my signature...

So this week Monday wasn't great, yesterday I stuck to plan (just) after having a piece of homemade cake thinking it'd be about 5 syncs a piece, when I worked it out it was actually 12.5!! Luckily I did make it for hubby not for myself so I'll be staying away now. Whole cake was 222 syncs can you believe that!!! There wasn't even any icing on it or anything.

So beware homemade cakes...

Wednesday 11th April - extra easy

Breakfast - none

Lunch -
Cottage pie (1 syn & 2/3 HEXA)

Dinner:
Mushroom stroganoff (1.5 syns for RF creme fraiche), rice & salad

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 1 (1/3 HEXA)
WM bread (HEXB) with scrambled egg and onion chutney
Total 0% with options and banana - 2 syns

Total syns: 4.5

Last edited:
Thursday 12th April - mix2max

Breakfast (green):
Tinned spaghetti with RF cheddar (HEXA)

Lunch (red):
Salmon and cucumber roll (HEXB)

Dinner (red):
Trying diet coke chicken made with mushrooms and peppers
Served with hasselback potatoes (HEXB)

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 1 (HEXA)
Large glass of wine - 8 syns
Red wine 13 syns

Total syns: 21 syns

Last edited:
Oopsie the wine fairy visited last night...
Never mind I'd saved up enough syns weds to cover it.

Friday 13th April - mix2max

Breakfast: (neutral)
FF yoghurt
Muesli (HEXB)
Banana

Lunch (green):
Co-op spring roasting veg. Not sure what to count as its not on syns online, it does have some oil but less than 1%. I'm going to count 1 syn just in case

Dinner (red):
Turkey gyros with tzaziki, salad and WM pitta (HEXB) and cheese (HEXA2)

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 2 (from HEXA1)
Milkshake using NAS crusha HEXA1 & 0.5 syns
Kitkat 5.5syns

Total syns: 7

Last edited:
Back