Saruk slims for summer '15

Saruk88

Silver Member
Hey happy slimmers,

Welcome to my third and FINAL diary. Enough time has been lost recently to 'my head's just not in it' excuses and cop-outs - I need to lose this blasted weight once and for all.

I joined Slimming World in October/November 2013 (having already lost about 6lb on my own before then) and went from 16st, size 20ish to 12st6 and a size 14ish at some point last year. For the last six months or so though (potentially more), I've pretty much stayed at exactly the same weight with some small fluctuations - never more than about 3 or 4lbs. I now weigh 12st7 and am determined to shift this last few stone. My most important goal at the moment is to get to 10.5 stone when I will start making appointments with a surgeon to have my boobs reduced. I've wanted it for so long and am now suffering with a lot of excess skin - I don't want to lose all this weight and still feel as self conscious about my body as I was at 6/7 stone heavier so it's about time I put all these plans into action.

I always feel much more on track when I'm writing on here so I'm going to use it as another way to focus my mind. I. WILL. LOSE. THIS. WEIGHT. I hate having to start another diary but I'm hoping a fresh start will lead to better things - definitely worth giving it a go at least!

I'm definitely in a much better frame of mind than I have been - I've started going to body balance which I love so it's really nice to get back into an exercise routine. I'm also doing 50 squats a day which I'm planning to up week by week until I'm at about 100 a day. Food is slowly getting there - my downfall is most certainly alcohol and tucking into the endless chocolate and cakes that sit at the end of my desk at work. Once I overcome these temptations (or at least begin to manage them!), I should do much better.

LET'S HAVE IT!

Argh, pancake day! I love pancakes. At work there's pretty much a full blown restaurant and they're doing made-to-order pancakes all day. I've succumbed to one but will leave it at that. And for lent I'm going to give up eating the treats at the end of our bank of desks! Hopefully that'll be one I can keep up for a lifetime. I might give up all chocolate, sweets, cakes etc like I did last year, or maybe I'll give them up on weekdays. Haven't decided yet.

Glorious day in London so I'm going to head out for a walk now for half an hour or so, and then body balance tonight. Sunshine makes me so happy!

Exercise today = pretty good (about 1/1.5 hours fast walking, squats done and an hour body balance destroyed.
Food today = RABBISH. 1x pancake, 2x individual chocolates and 1x M&S lighter choc fudge bar thing means I'm crap at life.

Still, I tend to give something up around lent just to test my willpower and I think this year's will be no snacking in between meals unless it's fruit or veg (please remind me that vegetable crisps don't count as veg) and I'm potentially going to give up chocolate/sweets/cake etc too. I do that every year though and end up substituting it for crisps and the suchlike so not sure if it actually has much in the way of health/weightloss benefits.

On a completely different note, I got told at work today that I'm going to be looking after my manager's job duties while she's at the Singapore office for 3 weeks. Feeling quite chuffed as a) I haven't been there long and b) technically I don't even work for this company, I'm an agency worker that has been contracted out. Nice feeling!

Hello! Right I'm shifting over here...budge up!

I forgot that lent starts today - I'm sort of running out of things to give up - the fags are gone (for over a year now!), I'm sticking to plan pretty well, I am NOT giving up wine...I shall have to give it some thought.

Great news about work - sounds like you're doing well all over!

Today has been a good day!

I have decided to give up any snacking in between meals except for fruit/veg. That should keep me away from the treats at work but will still allow me to incorporate the odd treat so long as I have it at meal time. The thing is I fill up so much at meal times that a piece of chocolate is never on my mind. Hopefully it'll be something I can keep up beyond lent, too.

So far today I've eaten 2x poached egg, a bagel (which was naughty but brown bread and delightfully squishy) and a cheeky hash brown for brekkie (big breakfast as was in training at work for hours). Lunch was a prawn salad followed by magic porridge (meant to have at breakfast but decided I'd be hungry way before lunch) with lots of fruit. And that's it! I avoided all the freshly made cakes and insane biscuits (proper chunky cookies dunked in chocolate and chocolate chip shortbread) and had instead some melon and grapes. Woop for me!

Tonight is going to be quorn mince in a tomato and veg based sauce with runner beans and a carrot/swede mash. Deeeeeelish! Will have some cheese on top for good measure.

Not too achy from body balance either which means my body is definitely getting used to it. Hurrah!

Massive harrumph. Put on 1.5lb. Really felt I deserved a loss this week :(

What a horrible week - Grandad taken into hospital again, been having terrible nightmares and yet another cold. Rubbish. Eaten so much, didn't go to slimming world and I've put on quite a lot :( so annoyed. I feel quite like I've had enough now though and I've totally planned what I'm going to consume tomorrow. Should equate to 7 syns but I'll be nice and full and hopefully feeling much happier. Fingers crossed anyway!

Ive also been thinking about things and there's a lot happening in the next couple of months that I want to get slim for: first up, I'm moving to London at the beginning of May. CANT WAIT. moving out with a mate from uni and I'm so excited. No more setting the alarm for 5:30 and getting in at 19:30. It'll be bliss. It's also my birthday so it'll be nice to feel really good and then I'm going to Paris a few days after. If that isn't incentive enough then I really don't know what is!

Otherwise I've had a lovely weekend but has been full of naughties. Went to London Fashion Weekend, had lots of prosecco and eaten out twice. Yikes!

I'll report in tomorrow how I get on with my first proper planned day in forever. Eeeeek!

My planned day went quite well - only one hiccup:

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast (4 syns), tsp flora (1 syn), marmite, 2x poached egg, beans + 1.5 tbsp ketchup (1.5)
Lunch - 35g shreddies (hex b) with banana, raspberries, strawberries, grapes and muller light
Pre-dinner, really hungry wobble - hobnob (3.5 syns), half tbsp Nutella (2)
Dinner - mushroom and spinach pancakes with a creamy light Philadelphia sauce (hex a). Had this with some homemade salsa and lots of water. Wasn't a big fan to be honest - not massively keen on creamy sauces - much prefer tomato based! Wonder whether this would work on the pancakes?
2x tea with dash of skimmed milk - (1 syn)
Also had lots of water :)

Total syns: 13 - wanted lower really. At least I kept track though! First time in a while. I also walked a lot - generally walk about 2 miles at least a day but I had to walk from near Moorgate to South Bank and back which is about 2.5 miles according to Google Maps - so hopefully about 4.5 miles walking today with a head cold. Not tooooo bad.

Curled up in bed now with a hot water bottle and Devil Wears Prada - my favourite comfort film :)

Lot's of exciting/worrying things going on so don;t be too hard on yourself. Seems there's a lot of people struggling at the moment so you're in good company.

3.5lb on. So mad at myself and pretty upset. I so don't want to go back to where I was but I'm doing nothing to help myself at the moment. WHY can't I get back on it? Argh.

You CAN get back on it. All you need is a couple of good days and then you'll be back in the swing. If you have plans for this weekend then make a plan for Monday and take it one day at a time. :bighug:

Thanks Sally you lovely lady. This is exactly what I've done. I have had an amazing weekend which consisted of two nights out (exhausted now and curled up in bed already), hair cut and glorious blow dry at my favourite salon, afternoon tea at this beautiful little teashop in a nearby village with some of my gorgeous mates and a lot of planning and chilling today (nursing a slight hangover). It's been wonderful and I'm ready to really give this a good shot. I've had the most wonderful compliments all weekend and it's given me a bit of a buzz - I like this feeling and want to feel like I deserve it. A couple of months of really focused dieting and I could be feeling on top of the world in time for moving to London. Will also be nice to start my 27th year with a bit of confidence boost.

So, my plan for tomorrow is:

Fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. I will stop at Sainsburys on the way to work and pick up a delicious selection. Lunch is tuna pasta with light mayo, sweetcorn and plenty of seasoning and I'll probably pick up some cucumber to go with it and then dinner will be a jacket potato at my friend's house with my hex a of cheese and beans. Just realise I won't have had my hex b so maybe a slice of wholemeal for toast to go with the fruit and yoghurt.

Feeling good!

Today did go quite well thanks Sal!

Hiya Red - and welcome! Thanks for popping in.

So, today was pretty good. Not perfect, but good. I had a slice of WM toast with peanut butter and banana for brekkie, as well as a fat free activia little drink shot thing. Lunch was tuna pasta with sweetcorn and cucumber that I made yesterday - had some light mayo and sweet chilli in it but not loads. Also had two chocolate pieces which was an oversight but hopefully not a catastrophic mistake! I then went for a walk on my lunch break - it was lovely to get out and about so I think I will do that often. And for dinner I had jacket potato with cheese and beans. Snacks in the afternoon was fruit.

Tomorrow my plan is to have another good day - maybe minus the two chocolate pieces. Body balance in the evening and lots of water. Plan plan plan.

Still insanely tired from the weekend - got 9 hours sleep last night but clearly it wasn't enough! Zzzz. So I'm going to hit the sack :)

Thank you Sally you lovely lady.

So my life has been thrown a little upside down these past few days but I'm happy to report I'm still on track. My scales are reporting quite a nice loss but I'm not going to count my chickens until I've stood on the SW scales (probably tonight).

Sadly I've come down with a bad bout of tonsillitis which has now spread to my ears for a double whammy ear infection - always joyous I'm sure you'll agree. On antibiotics though so am hoping they'll kick it all up the arse soon. In more upsetting news (for me, anyway) my work told me on Tuesday that I may be pulled off the client that I love so much and sent off to Coventry... URGH. Just as things were looking so good. It'll mean me living in a hotel for 4/5 days a week, god only knows what that'll do to my weight loss. Just as I was about to move out and head up to London - massive pain. I'm so upset with my so called friend that has totally landed me in it. She was meant to be in Coventry (it's a strategist role that is what she's employed to do - for nearly 25k more than me) but she has yet AGAIN stamped her feet (she's done this before and screwed me over without a second thought) so now we're swapping roles - not for any more money for me though, I might add. Proper pissed off - I'm sure I must have 'mug' tattooed all over my body. It's made me feel so disheartened - they're succumbing to her every whim (and in my opinion she is not worth the trouble) and send me in to go pick up the pieces. Maddening.

Oh well, I'm proud that I've kept on it and ignored the Ben and Jerry's that my dad bought to help my throat. Just missing my 'things are finally picking up' bubble that I was in.

:(

Woohoooooo, boy did I have a successful weigh in today - grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I got...... 7.5lbs off! :eek::eek::happy036::bliss:

Can't believe it - even my first week I only got 5.5lbs. Feel soooo bloomin' chuffed it's unreal. Definitely made up for this rocky week AND I sent an email to my line manager explaining how I was doing well at my current client and that they have given me a lot of responsibility etc but if I were to be sent to Coventry could I stay up there til Thursday so that I could go flat hunting on Fridays etc etc. He replied with a lovely email saying he really appreciated what I had put but is so delighted with the work I'm doing for my client that he'll sort out something else for the role in Coventry. Woohooooooooox2.

It's really given me such an amazing boost. Eeeeeeep!

Also noticed that i've dropped nearly ten whole points on the BMI scale! Would love to see the kind of health benefits that could bring. Feel so happy right now :)

Back