Sat in tears

In only a number of months, I have gained 2 stone which I lost previously. I know the reason behind it, I have gone back to my old eating habits of eating pure junk....cakes, chocolate, biscuits, cereals, etc. My family were very proud of me for my loss and kept telling me i'd done amazing and how great I looked.

Obviously now I don't look so great - infact I look dreadful. None of my clothes fit and all I want to do is wear baggy clothes and eat.

My mum has a 70th Birthday Party next weekend and I have been trying to lose the weight for then as lots of family/friends are going to be there (who haven't seen me SINCE the weight went on, the last time they saw me I'd lost the 2st and looked/felt great!) I have obviously failed to lose the weight, a few weeks ago, I started Cambridge diet - I would do a couple of days then be so hungry I would buy junk food.

I now can not sleep I am that worried about this party, I can not go. My head is telling me I can not go. I wont look good, I wont feel good, I will feel embarrassed that all the weight has gone on. I can not let them all see me. I am even googling 'how to lose a stone in a week' in desperation - I know it is not possible.

I don't have anyone to talk to about this, I just needed to vent and let it out. Thanks for listening x

Hey Whoa there :nono: Stop being so tough on yourself for starters :eek: I know it is all about how you feel about yourself, but at your height you are not massively overweight and on my chart are still just within a healthy weight. At 2 stone lighter you could be heading to underweight, but again, I totally appreciate it is how you feel yourself.

Now I do not imagine for 1 second that family and friends will look at you and judge you in the way you seem to think they will. Treat yourself (and your Mum :)) to something nice. Even if it is just a nice new lipstick or nail varnish for yourself. Wear something you feel good in and go to that party with your head held high. Then come back here for advice and support when you need it. I don't mean to be a smart ar*e but, reading your post I can see a few classics, one being - "I would be so hungry I would buy junk food" If you are following the right healthy longterm eating plan for you (note I avoid the Diet word .... :rolleyes:) you should not feel hungry, deprived or bored. You will get loads of motivational tips and support on here from a good bunch of people who understand and share the same struggles as you. Use this week to start planning a happier you. Write food lists, plan to set small achievable goals so you don't beat yourself up at the smallest wobble. One of my favourite sayings is "A goal without a plan, is just a wish". so get planning girl :) You can do this, but please don't let your thoughts spoil your weekend and your Mum's special day. Be good. chips xx

Here! Here! to what has been said.
Just to add one small note.. if you have a week of eating as less carbs as possible you will find that a lot of it will be fluid and it will go in no time.
If you are still feeling a mite uncomfortable on the day try to put all your thoughts and efforts into remembering it's your mum's 70th that's the most important and I am sure you will have a great time just helping to make her happy.

Hi, I know how you feel but please remember YOU are more than your weight, and to those who know and love you are not going to judge you or think youre a failure or anything like that.
And just go forth thinking well, the next time they see you after this you will be slimmer than now - don't make yourself ill or upset, at the end of the day really it's you who cares the most and you who judges you the most not other people. I've only recently realised that no one else really gives a toss about my weight, only me and it's my weight to worry about for myself.
I was 12 stone when I got married and the next time I saw my aunty I was over 19! And this was after all the oohing and awwing that I had lost 5 stone previously. x

Where are you JD? Come back and tell us you you're doing. chips xx

Back