Saturday Hour x Hour x Hour x Hour :D

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORING MINIMINS!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi :)

Just had some coffee - can you tell? :D

Well. I had a great evening last night.

I went to the gym, got my replacement membership card. I then went to the pool and swam laps for 30 minutes.

What really bears mentioning, is that I went out, in public, in daylight, in SHORTS! :eek: And ya know what? No one passed out, fell over, got sick, chased me out of town with pitchforks - and I did not have one moment of feeling embaressed or self conscious! :D

Then at the pool, I walked out to the pool in my swimsuit, not a robe or wrapped in a towel, and, not with my head down! I walked the entire length of the pool to the far end to get in rather then jumping in at the very first opportunity! It felt amazing! Absolutely amazing!! I just didn't care what wnyone thuoght if they even thought anything. I just felt confidant, and normal.

I felt so good when I got in the car, that i cried. I just can't believe, that after struggling with weight since 1985, that I am behaving in the way I was always envious of others - and never ever thought would be me.

Granted, I have a lot of toning to do before its a gorgeous bod - but the important peice of this, is that I am not bothered, as I am now. I feel so good about myself, that a few wobbly bits exposed to the public does not even cause my the slightest downward shameful glance.

It's all sinking in. I. AM. NORMAL.

<shakes head in wonderment>

I can feel, there are going to be a lot of emotions shed in the coming weeks as this reality continues to bed in. All those painful years - the shame, the self-hate, the feelings of failure- that good life was only for the slim, all those horrible feelings - they are gone.

I feel like I have just got word that I have been cured, of some lifelong disease.

Its wonderful.

:)

Well - wow! Theres an hour x hour starter, ay???? :eek::D

Have a great day peeps!!!!! We are ALL getting better and better everyday and soon will be the best we have ever ever been!!!

xx

So proud that you actually took the plunge (no pun intended) with the exercise.
And it does feel great doesn't it.

I am off to have my hair done this morning looking forward to it and think I am going to have it cut really short just because I can.

Hope you all have a great day.

That's fantastic BL! It's times like that that makes it all so worthwhile. Sometimes the acheivements stand out so much and give you a range of emotions, sometimes it's only afterwards you think, "I'd never have done that before"!! I don't know about you, but my perceptions have change so much. I'm thinking that my perceptions of how I see others have changed so much...the people that previously I thought were REALLY skinny, aren't that skinny now I'm a bit skinnier ;)

So proud that you actually took the plunge (no pun intended) with the exercise.
And it does feel great doesn't it.

I am off to have my hair done this morning looking forward to it and think I am going to have it cut really short just because I can.

Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks Tange - its a start!!

I did find however, last night when I got home, twice I nearly keeled over with lightheadedness.....did you find that at first? I know with the pain meds I take, on virtually empty stomach, I am prone to a few dizzy spells a day - but this was quite strong - had to hold on to the counter. I am going to go do something tonight - not sure what yet, so will see if it happens again.

It did feel great. :)

Have a good day!

Woohoo - am living vicariously through your posts, BL, can't wait to be where you are :) I think my boys are waiting for the day when I take them swimming enthusiastically rather than them having to appeal to my better nature to take them .....

Morning all. After waiting the better part of a week for my nearest LLC to get back to me, I phone the second closest. Going to an info session on Monday and have an appointment with my local nurse on Thursday evening. With a bit of luck Monday 11th could be day one. :)

The only downside is that's 4 days before my birthday but to be honest, I'm gagging to get going. Even if it means a sober b'day. Got a wedding the week after but it's a result, no sit down. Just an informal BBQ so I should be able to fly under the radar there too. After that though I have a clear run until a work conference in October. :D

I've added a to the list of things i'll be looking forward to once Im half the man I used to be. Took the missus to see Kylie at The O2 dome last night and boy were those seats a bit of a squeeze. I'm lucky cos the wife is only a size 12 so some of her sapace becomes mine but I'd really like for those kind of venues to not be a problem.

I have two trips to wembley stadium coming up in November. I'm hope to be a natural fit in the seats by then. I have about 14 weeks to make it so!

The waiting is killing me. Though I get to dedicate one final week to eating the things I'll really miss!

I don't know about you, but my perceptions have change so much. I'm thinking that my perceptions of how I see others have changed so much...the people that previously I thought were REALLY skinny, aren't that skinny now I'm a bit skinnier ;)

Ya know, my perception of myself is still not really ideal. Its not that I am negative about me, its just that I still think I am bigger then I am -

Mum said she thuoght I had lost enough surely just based on how I look (in clothes! :D)

I was telling my in-laws the other day I wanted to lose at least 2 more stone. She was shocked. I replied, well, "you're small!"........then....I said I was in a 14 and wanted to be a 12, and then said she would still be slimmer then me. She said, "ahem - I am a size 14 already!!."

I was shocked - here was me thining mum is so slim, I would never get to her size, etc., then to find we ARE the same size.

Wierd. It messes with my head a bit!! :)

The waiting is killing me. Though I get to dedicate one final week to eating the things I'll really miss!

Good luck on your start Guy! Sounds like you are in the right headspace to get on with this - which I think is critical for success! So well done you!

You will be AMAZED at the differences you will notice in seats at venues, etc. And justyou wait till that first bath when you realise you are completely submerged under water! Its heaven!! :D

All best wishes to you - you are going to do great!

:)

Good For You

Morning all. After waiting the better part of a week for my nearest LLC to get back to me, I phone the second closest. Going to an info session on Monday and have an appointment with my local nurse on Thursday evening. With a bit of luck Monday 11th could be day one. :)

The only downside is that's 4 days before my birthday but to be honest, I'm gagging to get going. Even if it means a sober b'day. Got a wedding the week after but it's a result, no sit down. Just an informal BBQ so I should be able to fly under the radar there too. After that though I have a clear run until a work conference in October. :D

I've added a to the list of things i'll be looking forward to once Im half the man I used to be. Took the missus to see Kylie at The O2 dome last night and boy were those seats a bit of a squeeze. I'm lucky cos the wife is only a size 12 so some of her sapace becomes mine but I'd really like for those kind of venues to not be a problem.

I have two trips to wembley stadium coming up in November. I'm hope to be a natural fit in the seats by then. I have about 14 weeks to make it so!

Dear Guy,

Good for you -- for being persistant and determined. :king2: I know what you are saying about the start date and social events... but it's always something isn't it? :cry:

I started on Tuesday the 15th of July, the 16th was a ladies' night (snacks, drinks, etc.) and had to sit a table all night with crisps, nuts, candies and watch everyone else eat and drink. :devilangel:
The next day was a Thai luncheon cooked by a good friend, and she insisted I come even if couldn't eat. :ignore: I hadn't planned to discuss the diet, but I ended up explaining what I was doing... and the other ladies asked a few questions and then another lady discussed how she was quitting smoking. It wasn't a big issue. :whistle:

That same night was a gathering at MY HOUSE and I had to prepare the food, serve drinks, make a dessert, and worry that people would notice I hadn't touched the food... would they think it was tainted? :eatdrink017:

No one noticed that I did not touch the food, and it went well. And in the weeks since it has gotten easier and easier... my 100 th day will be my birthday. :party0016:

I may have reached my goal by that date - and if so, I plan to move into management. So, I will celebrate my birthday not with cake and booze, but with a healthier me... and maybe a peice of protein, my first in 100 days! :wow:

So, I know you can do this -- and have a lot more birthdays to celebrate because you did! :party0049:

MinnieMel

BL, i've not been a member of mini mins for long but have been dipping in and out reading posts for a while. I must say you are a true inspiration, I love reading your posts, and I must admit to shedding a tear or two, of happiness for you when I read you had lost the 100lbs - what an achievement!! I lost 4 stone last year through LL in just over 3 months, felt fantastic but as I said in a post yesterday, it took my head a long time to catch up with my body, I gained about 2 stone which is why I have restarted LL I have lost 10lbs so far and am feeling great I'm being weighed again tomorrow and am hoping for the 1st stone to be gone. I have just been down to my local ladies only gym today to use the body action plate which is fantasitc and the toning table. I go to spain with my hubby on the 6th September and that is my goal to be back in my size 12 when I felt fantastic, I'm in a 14 at the moment which I never thought I would see when I was wearing 18/20's last year but now a 14 feels big. You do get to a stage where the scales don't really matter anymore, its more about the way you feel. You will probably get a lot of people telling you that surely you've lost enough now, but listen to yourself and not them, you will only regret it otherwise. Thanks for all the inspiration and well done on your fantastic achievements x

Thanks so much Sweet Mod - thats really kind of you to say. :)

Well done on your initial loss, and sorry you have to do a bit of touch up, however your head sounds like it is in exactly the right place to knock it on ITS head. :) I am sure you will be svelte and sedxy for your holiday in September!!

We'll all embrace the day our heads catch up with our bodies, ay? :)

Thanks again....and all good luck to yoU!

X

Good luck, Guy. I was just saying to my sister-in-law how, at my first LL meeting, the seats really dug into me and I kept looking round furtively to see if everyone else was as uncomfortable as me .... At my latest meeting, about 5 weeks later, I fit and am comfortable! Yay!

Good luck, Guy. I was just saying to my sister-in-law how, at my first LL meeting, the seats really dug into me and I kept looking round furtively to see if everyone else was as uncomfortable as me .... At my latest meeting, about 5 weeks later, I fit and am comfortable! Yay!

Excellent. This is exactly the sort of change I'm hoping for. I don't think slimmer people realise how something this simple can dictate your life to a certain extent lol. I can't wait to feel comfortable in a chair. It's going to make soooo much difference to me. On the bus, on the train, office and everywhere else. Such small things can make all the difference, :).

Thanks for the words of encouragement BL and MinnieMel. I'm definately determined to stick with it. That's not to say there won't be some rather epic rants from me around day 4/5 lol ;).

and thanks for the

Well done BL - I can't believe how far you have come in such a short space of time. Now can you start bottleing and selling your spirit, devotion and motivation, I'd like 2 cases of the stuff please!!

I've been busy trying to get my house sorted, my big sis is coming over for dinner tonight, now normally I would go to Tesco, buy some stuff from there and pass it off as my own (it's worked for me so far!!), but I know my sister will know if it's shop brought, so spent last night doing the desert (Strawberry Fool), have just spent the last hour making a Broccoli and Stilton soup, and then will have to go and throw Donald in the oven in about an hours time!! I'm going to have some, after all, it's all low to med GI, so shouldn't be too bad!!

Guess I had better go and lay the table!!

Thanks Corey! Sending a caseload your way! :D

Hey - shouldn;t you be at pride? I thought you were going, or is that tomorrow? :)

Your dinner sounds yummmmmmY. I have never roasted a duck - is it good? I'm sure your sis will love the meal - it sounds great! Have a nice time tonight!!

x

Hi BL,

I was going to Pride, but then arranged the dinner for my sister. There'll always be another pride!

Dinner was great, a huge success, will definately be doing that one again!

Hello all, just an update, have been to be weighed this morning and have now lost my first stone! YAY!! so well on the way - hope you all have a successful week x I want to upate my ticker but can't seem to find it!

Back